Wanting accountability in government is now....misogyny

APettigrew92

A new low for our island.

A deeply incompetent and/or corrupt official refuses to be accountable and accuses anyone looking for her to take responsibility for her actions - basically creating a £400m loop-hole for her cronies - as misogynists.

Arlene Foster says calls to stand down motivated by misogyny
A woman who was chosen to drag the "cause" of Norn Iron into the 21st century and beyond was hardly chosen for being meek, easily cowed or susceptible to pressure.

From all my Northern friends' testimonies, Foster is a battleaxe a la Thatcher with all the conviction and loathing for anything non-British to boot.

The idea that "misogyny" is to blame for her awful decision up North is a joke. The UK, on the whole, has maintained a fairly positive view towards women in parliament.

No different than when Noirin O'Sullivan or Frances Fitzgerald come out with the same when held to account for their positions.

enuffisenuff

The boobs and the ballot box!!

ger12

As a woman I must say I was very disappointed to hear her say what she did.

I believe women are subjected to more abuse then men in politics, much more. However it seems to me she is using this in a most cynical manner unfortunately.

constitutionus

yup.

got a laugh out of this on the radio this morning.

nothing to do with all the blown moola, its just cause she got a va jay jay.

:D :D :D :D

ya see THIS is the sort of stuff that pisses off REAL women. the "misogyny" card is the one played almost immediately by these types and ya have to wonder if certain careers (politics / media) attracts them and their "victim playing" tactics.

im reminded of a minister IIRC being grilled on the telly who didnt know who her french counterpart was that went off on one clamining misogyny too.

"fake news" and "post truth" indeed.

good aul sexist george hook is covering this now.

Apple in Eden

Just typical of the feminist environment we are forced to live in these days. OHHH for a revolution of real substance!!

Roll_On

Sad day for women in the workplace who genuinely encounter discrimination.

Disillusioned democrat

As a woman I must say I was very disappointed to hear her say what she did.

I believe women are subjected to more abuse then men in politics, much more. However it seems to me she is using this in a most cynical manner unfortunately.
Exactly - by calling THIS misogyny she dilutes and devalues any genuine misogynistic responses and makes womens' lives harder.

Thatcher managed to lead the UK for a decade without ever reverting to the M-card, it just shows what a poor leader Foster really is.

Disillusioned democrat

yup.

got a laugh out of this on the radio this morning.

nothing to do with all the blown moola, its just cause she got a va jay jay.

:D :D :D :D

ya see THIS is the sort of stuff that pisses off REAL women. the "misogyny" card is the one played almost immediately by these types and ya have to wonder if certain careers (politics / media) attracts them and their "victim playing" tactics.

im reminded of a minister IIRC being grilled on the telly who didnt know who her french counterpart was that went off on one clamining misogyny too.

"fake news" and "post truth" indeed.

good aul sexist george hook is covering this now.
Sadly the IT just lap it up - it fits nicely into their "all white straight men" are evil mantra.

Spanner Island

GDPR

Now now boys, if Arlene wants to identify as a woman, she can.

This is the post-gender age in Norn Iron.

fat finger

[video=youtube;7ziGZCE7fC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ziGZCE7fC8[/video]

SayItAintSo

My heart sank when I saw this. For fecks sake, this nonsense that criticism of her is misogynistic is beyond pathetic. This really is becoming the last refuge of a scoundrel(ess?)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies