Wanting accountability in government is now....misogyny

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
She learned it off Hiding Behind his Poos, the Chief Fine Gael Information Terrorist ...same line has been trotted out to defend Enda being allowed to put his Pig into Cabinet

cyp

RodShaft

It's embarassing how little some posters know about the workings of the Good Friday Agreement.

death or glory

Lets go through this very slowly.

The motion could not succeed unless the DUP voted for it too.

Now, should SF have backed the motion instead of merely calling for her to resign, it would still have failed and Arlene would have played the Me or Martin McGuinness card.

As it is she was left alone in the Chamber with only her own party. Huge political fail.
Yes SF backed down,
a coalition government can not work if the partners support a motion of no confidence in the leader.
That's what needed to happen so don't just put all the blame on DUP as SF are as bad as they have the power to force Arlene to resign but they chickened out.
Why did they not just support the vote?

brughahaha

Brother works for a State institution and says it has already reached the point where you darent disagree or challenge a female colleague for fear of a complaint ......... says a small but reasonably significant number of women in the organisation use it to either bully or have a very easy life.

That's what he says ........

GDPR

Yes SF backed down,
a coalition government can not work if the partners support a motion of no confidence in the leader.
That's what needed to happen so don't just put all the blame on DUP as SF are as bad as they have the power to force Arlene to resign but they chickened out.
Well I think we are seeing the limitations of forced pwer sharing.

Only the DUP can get rid of Arlene. Mind you that makes her all theirs.

She better have access to Peter Robinsons Little Black Book if she wants to stay on as long as he did.

That may of course have been part of the immunity deal when he stepped down. :D

derryman

Yes SF backed down,
They don't you know. Eagle just explained that to you

LISTOWEL MAN

late one night a coward tried to murder her father

her school bus was bombed by the IRA

they wanted her to step down after the Cash for Ash scandal

death or glory

Well I think we are seeing the limitations of forced pwer sharing.

Only the DUP can get rid of Arlene. Mind you that makes her all theirs.
Just like any political party, its officially up to them but in practice the partners in government can exert pressure on the party to make the necessary changes.

She better have access to Peter Robinsons Little Black Book if she wants to stay on as long as he did.

That may of course have been part of the immunity deal when he stepped down. :D
Robinson's were just crooks, Arlene just made a severe error of judgement which was her downfall.

derryman

Just like any political party, its officially up to them but in practice the partners in government can exert pressure on the party to make the necessary changes.

Robinson's were just crooks, Arlene just made a severe error of judgement which was her downfall.
But she hasn't fallen. She is simply being asked to do the right thing like her predecessor and step aside until an investigation has taken place.

GDPR

No SF cant tell the DUP to change their leader, and if they did, Arlene would hug and kiss them for buying her some extra time.

Arlene lied about when she was informed that RHI was a ramp, and she let it run on. I am sure many good Orange men heated derelict outhouses all winter, thanks to her :D

death or glory

But she hasn't fallen. She is simply being asked to do the right thing like her predecessor and step aside until an investigation has taken place.
I agree, but someone needs to be held accountable.

death or glory

No SF cant tell the DUP to change their leader, and if they did, Arlene would hug and kiss them for buying her some extra time.

Arlene lied about when she was informed that RHI was a ramp, and she let it run on. I am sure many good Orange men heated derelict outhouses all winter, thanks to her :D
Yes SF have the power to tell the DUP to change their leader, that's what being partners in government is all about.
A lot of Orange halls in Tyrone have installed biomass boilers, I never thought that tea eggs would taste nicer toasted.

Ireniall

I consider that it's a good thing that at least you don't have SF and the DUP scratching each others backs and ensuring each others long term political future. I suspect that no such cosy relationship is possible with the DUP because they are such a bunch of ar*eholes but the result of this is a sort of unhealthy but tolerable balance where people are held to some sort of account. It's nice to watch the complete unworthies, deplorables even , having to suffer the consequences of their unworthiness while the two parties which saved NI from the abyss wallow in impotent opposition. The world is not a just place but it's not entirely unjust.

mac tíre

late one night a coward tried to murder her father

her school bus was bombed by the IRA

they wanted her to step down after the Cash for Ash scandal
Well, if you knew what you were talking about (and you don't just to remove all doubt for those not in the know) you would realise ALL the parties, except the DUPES, are asking her to step aside.

So now we have:

Alliance/IRA
UUP/IRA
SDLP/IRA
PBP/IRA
TUV/IRA
Green Party/IRA
Jonathan Bell/IRA

Listen to your betters and stay off discussions you know nothing about. The Indo is NOT an encyclopedia!

mac tíre

Yes SF have the power to tell the DUP to change their leader, that's what being partners in government is all about.
So much stupid, so little space to dissect it.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is your first taste of TUV supporters. Expect your interactions with them to go downhill from here.

JCR

I do wonder if while it isn't misogynist she is getting heat because she is a woman i.e. not in the old boys network as such. I'm sure they are all up to their necks in all sorts in the north. That's really the deal there, its an emergent democratic process and that is always the case in such situations.

Perhaps she feels unfairly singled out and played whatever card she thought she might have. It will be decades before the North's politics are anything but entirely Machiavellian after all.

derryman

I do wonder if while it isn't misogynist she is getting heat because she is a woman i.e. not in the old boys network as such. I'm sure they are all up to their necks in all sorts in the north. That's really the deal there, its an emergent democratic process and that is always the case in such situations.

Perhaps she feels unfairly singled out and played whatever card she thought she might have. It will be decades before the North's politics are anything but entirely Machiavellian after all.
You have sand in your ears.

Gin Soaked

She always struck me as a thug and an incompetent. Like most in the DUP.

The DUP's political objectives are rewarded by their corrupt and incompetent mismanagement of the failed statlet. It defaults back to Westminster which alienates the nationalists and the adults in NI politics.

I dislike SF intensely, but the DUP, Jesus. Bunch of thick inbred bigoted, young earth hicks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies