Wanting accountability in government is now....misogyny

Socratus O' Pericles

Disillusioned democrat

She always struck me as a thug and an incompetent. Like most in the DUP.

The DUP's political objectives are rewarded by their corrupt and incompetent mismanagement of the failed statlet. It defaults back to Westminster which alienates the nationalists and the adults in NI politics.

I dislike SF intensely, but the DUP, Jesus. Bunch of thick inbred bigoted, young earth hicks.
In fairness you have to admire the irony of the name - Democratic Unionist Party - founded as it was by the biggest baddest undemocratic bigot of them all who would have loved if Catholics weren't even able to vote.

It speaks volumes that the "party" stands behind Foster in the face of relatively clear and irrefutable evidence that she (a) allowed this to happen and (b) once it DID occur, made sure her cronies took full advantage of it.

But realistically, even if she doesn't step aside, what happens when the "independent investigation" finds the smoking (no pun intended) gun in her makeup locker? Will she resign then?

Gin Soaked

In fairness you have to admire the irony of the name - Democratic Unionist Party - founded as it was by the biggest baddest undemocratic bigot of them all who would have loved if Catholics weren't even able to vote.

It speaks volumes that the "party" stands behind Foster in the face of relatively clear and irrefutable evidence that she (a) allowed this to happen and (b) once it DID occur, made sure her cronies took full advantage of it.

But realistically, even if she doesn't step aside, what happens when the "independent investigation" finds the smoking (no pun intended) gun in her makeup locker? Will she resign then?
It's often said that us southeners don't do resignations.

But the whole premise of the play parliament is that they are mostly all reprohensible and contemptable.

At some time they need to park the 'I was targeted by the RA' or the 'we were at war' excuses.

Now it should be normal politics, and sleaze needs to be able to precipitate an election.

Disillusioned democrat

But the whole premise of the play parliament is that they are mostly all reprohensible and contemptable.

At some time they need to park the 'I was targeted by the RA' or the 'we were at war' excuses.

Now it should be normal politics, and sleaze needs to be able to precipitate an election.
Yup.

Outside "misogyny" her other line of defense was that she won't just roll over because SF/IRA "tell" her, making her delusional posturing seem more like a noble stand against the "old enemy" as opposed to shirking any responsibility.

hollandia

late one night a coward tried to murder her father

her school bus was bombed by the IRA

they wanted her to step down after the Cash for Ash scandal
Of course being victim to a criminal act gives you carte blanche :roll:

And of course if you spend much of your political career bleating on about the "law abiding people of Ulster" then you really should be on your best behaviour yerself. It's increasingly looking like she wasn't.

Disillusioned democrat

Of course being victim to a criminal act gives you carte blanche :roll:

And of course if you spend much of your political career bleating on about the "law abiding people of Ulster" then you really should be on your best behaviour yerself. It's increasingly looking like she wasn't.
Like many an Irish politician, I think she sees tax waste as victim-less, no wrongdoing here, nothing to see, move along.

So what if people have to warn £800m to pay enough tax to cover the loss her crazy scheme will cost, sure aren't some of her cronies going to benefit.

hollandia

Like many an Irish politician, I think she sees tax waste as victim-less, no wrongdoing here, nothing to see, move along.

So what if people have to warn £800m to pay enough tax to cover the loss her crazy scheme will cost, sure aren't some of her cronies going to benefit.
Well, the media in "the mainland" aren't impressed at all:

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/817057997365149696

There is sexism in Northern Irish politics, but Arlene Foster

By crying wolf over sexism, Arlene Foster undermines other women's achievements

Dynamo

Great to see our Northern brethren learn so much from their Southern counterparts - never resign, bluster and bluff until hopefully people forget. if this plan does not work then set up some long winded enquiry that will kick the issue way down the road. one religion / belief system, milk the system

....hooray for democracy.

Fractional Reserve

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies