• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Warning over 'monster' 20ft great white shark which bit another great white in half

Tommy Tayto

A 'monster' great white shark measuring up to 20 ft long is on the prowl off a popular Queensland beach, according to officials.

Swimmers were warned to stay out of the water off Stradbroke Island after the shark mauled another smaller great white which had been hooked on a baited drum line.

The 10-foot great white was almost bitten in half.

The fictional shark at the centre of the Steven Spielberg blockbuster Jaws was estimated to be just five feet longer.

Read more: Great White Shark bitten nearly in half by an even BIGGER monster | Mail Online

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.....
I wonder could this be a whole new species of shark, or just a really big great white? How long can they grow to?

Podolski1.5

when it turns up in Ringabella bay I'll be worried.

johnfás

Sounds like a good place for our Government Ministers to go on a junket.

zeleneye

Top news from the Daily Mail. I like the bit "The great white, the most dangerous creature in the sea" - clearly a statement of fact based on in-depth research ;)
I think the accolade actually goes to the box jellyfish. I wonder if the great white would even feature in a top ten list?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

You all knew it would only be a matter of time before someone added it. So i thought it might as well be me ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4"]YouTube - Jaws theme!![/ame]

He3

kerrynorth

Whip-around?
If there just happens to be a top class race meeting taking place in the area (purely coincidental of course) we could probably get them there out on expenses out of the State coffers!

st333ve

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YZGljrsqo"]YouTube - a scene from jaws[/ame]
Thats nothing, I once was bitten by a Jack Russel.

Still have the scar on my upper thigh.

If things were swinging the other way (literally) I would'nt be half the manhood I am today.

Akrasia

Top news from the Daily Mail. I like the bit "The great white, the most dangerous creature in the sea" - clearly a statement of fact based on in-depth research ;)
I think the accolade actually goes to the box jellyfish. I wonder if the great white would even feature in a top ten list?
Especially seeing as they can't even win in a fight against an Orca Dolphin

zakalwe1

This story alludes to the fact that very many species of shark are facing imminent extinction. For how long can we continue to kill 200million sharks per year?
10 years from now the only Great White may be in an aquarium or in the history books.
an aquarium?
i don't believe they've ever survived in captivity.

Young Ned

What do you call most deadly? Some very deadly animals are simply not aggressive. Some are very rare. Are we speaking in terms of deadly to humans? If we are, are we saying that most deadly is meant to quantify the people that have been killed by the animal?

Jellyfish would certainly be up there, as would things like Humboldt squid, giant squid. There are sea snails in the Carribean that will kill a man instantly if they bite him. There are also snakes and fish with equally powerful venom (coral snake, lion fish, scorpion fish).

Mako sharks aren't as big or tough as whites, but they're more likely to attack humans, and certainly deadly enough to take one of us out.

Dunno, really - probably silly to call the shark the deadliest animal in the sea, but it is an interesting thought.

Utopian Hermit Monk

Champion surfer, Mick Fanning had a lucky escape earlier today in South Africa:

[video=youtube;FW0znl1laMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0znl1laMw[/video]

:shock: