• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

WARNING - Serious Threat to Children - PLEASE READ

Ribeye

Forget about drugs or the Catholic Church, a new threat to child safety has been uncovered, and it is extremely upsetting,

I saw this reported on the BBC Lunchtime news and I was horrified, how no children were killed I'll never know,

BBC News - Canvey Island school bans triangle shaped flapjacks

School dinner staff have been banned from serving triangular flapjacks after one was thrown and hurt a pupil.

Caterers at Castle View School in Canvey Island, Essex, have been told instead to cut their flapjacks into squares or rectangles.
Thankfully, Rte are helping to spread the word here in Ireland,

UK school bans triangular flapjacks after injury - RTÉ News

Here's a picture of the vicious weapon,

Apparently, the Cobra Committee, Chaired by Cameron, will meet tomorrow to assess the risk posed by Carrot batons and Asparagus spears.

Be careful out there my friends.

Last edited:

anationoceagain

Probably due in no small part to the health and safety culture allied with helicopter parenting...where on a whim people nowadays freak out over any tiny imagined threat.

General Mayhem

Sandwich bags were recently banned in a local school after one lad blew one up and burst it beside another guy's ear.

It's probably safer if kids don't eat at all.

Nemesiscorporation

Forget about drugs or the Catholic Church, a new threat to child safety has been uncovered, and it is extremely upsetting,

I saw this reported on the BBC Lunchtime news and I was horrified, how no children were killed I'll never know,

BBC News - Canvey Island school bans triangle shaped flapjacks

Thankfully, Rte are helping to spread the word here in Ireland,

UK school bans triangular flapjacks after injury - RTÉ News

Here's a picture of the vicious weapon,

Apparently, the Cobra Committee, Chaired by Cameron, will meet tomorrow to assess the risk posed by carrot batons and Asparagus spears.

Be careful out there my friends.

They are nuts.

Whoever made that decision should be fired and sent to a psychiatrist to find out what is not wrong with them, as it would be a shorter list.

Rural

Curley Wurleys are dangerous weapons too, my Sister hit me with one once, very sore.

southwestkerry

reminds me... what the line on the song... 'ban me baby one more time'

Disillusioned democrat

They are nuts.

Whoever made that decision should be fired and sent to a psychiatrist to find out what is not wrong with them, as it would be a shorter list.
Speaking of nuts - my kids can't bring a list of 20 items in lunch box because someone, somewhere, might be allergic. My youngest is a peanut butter addict but can't bring it near school.

Aindriu

The head and board of governors should all be booted out ASAP. Morons!

Aindriu

Speaking of nuts - my kids can't bring a list of 20 items in lunch box because someone, somewhere, might be allergic. My youngest is a peanut butter addict but can't bring it near school.
Cold turkey?

I can't stand peanut butter meself. Bloody squirrel sh1t if you ask me petunia

tigerben

OMG, I let my children use a whisk and the oven earlier to make chocolate chip muffins, they could have got their fingers stuck or burnt. I think a trip to the local chemist and a few rolls of cotton Wool, and wrap them up till they turn 35?

Ireland is nearly as bad for the nanny state brigade. I never see children walking on Wall's, or climbing a tree any more, shame.

carlovian

All well and good to sneer but these vicious weapons can cause life changing injuries.

I'm currently trying to ban apples and oranges as they could be thrown and take someone's eye out or even worse.

anationoceagain

OMG, I let my children use a whisk and the oven earlier to make chocolate chip muffins, they could have got their fingers stuck or burnt. I think a trip to the local chemist and a few rolls of cotton Wool, and wrap them up till they turn 35?

Ireland is nearly as bad for the nanny state brigade. I never see children walking on Wall's, or climbing a tree any more, shame.
And God help any teacher who might tell a parent that their little Johnny is not an A plus student at everything and may not grow up to be a professional footballer, astronaut and Taoiseach...the insulating of kids from reality is becoming silly

googolplex

Not a food item, but red ink has been banned and replaced with green (for correction) in some Uk schools because red is considered a 'confrontational' colour.

Al Gebra

I think this is a sensible approach to the dangers of food.
Even a simple sausage can be deadly in the hands of someone with the proper training.
I think in light of this all children should be fed food paste.

Rural

A girl I went to school with used to bring beans in for her lunch in a thermos flask - The noxious gasses, in a prefab, could have been deadly to the rest of us.:)

james toney

Banned?bit harsh there.
Were they making the yellow star of david out of them?

livingstone

To be fair, nuts is a different issue given that where it occurs it can be a life threatening allergy and the kids doesn't need to actually consume nuts to be affected - coming into contact with them at all can set off the allergy. I've no problem at all with schools keeping nuts out of the school.

flibbles

I think this is a sensible approach to the dangers of food.
Even a simple sausage can be deadly in the hands of someone with the proper training.
I think in light of this all children should be fed food paste.
Careful, someone could spill some and those pastes are slippy!