• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Was Omagh Investigation a Whitewash

ArtyQueing

I have deep reservations about the role of the British in the Omagh atrocity, in fact I do believe that they actively allowed the atrocity to occur. Now we hear that Nuala O'Loan has reservations on the Gibson Report into the bombing. Was the report a whitewash ? I believe so.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | O'Loan says Omagh findings 'odd'

Eldritch

Yeah, have you seen the Omagh movie? It's so accurate it's more of a documentary it goes into British and Irish intelligence, Kevin Fulton etc.

lapsedmethodist

So it's " Brits out " but only after they stop the "Brits out " nutters from blowing people all over the road. I believe that's called cognative dissonance.

ArtyQueing

No - it is just the truth we are looking for here and has nothing to do with Brits out so stop trying to cloud the issue

Truth.ie

Who decided the town for targetting? An MI5 agent.
Who stole the car? An MI5 agent.
Who made the bomb? An MI5 agent.
Who tracked the car? An MI5 agent.
Who benefitted from Omagh? MI5

the_moss

I have deep reservations about the role of the British in the Omagh atrocity, in fact I do believe that they actively allowed the atrocity to occur. Now we hear that Nuala O'Loan has reservations on the Gibson Report into the bombing. Was the report a whitewash ? I believe so.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | O'Loan says Omagh findings 'odd'
The British definitely have questions to answer about this. Esp around their monitoring of phone calls between the bombers at real time during the operation and their use of agents involved in it.

Some of the families of those killed have also expressed doubts that the British have been honest about their knowledge of what happened.

I wont hold my breath for them to come clean though Arty.

lapsedmethodist

No - it is just the truth we are looking for here and has nothing to do with Brits out so stop trying to cloud the issue
Am I fu*k trying to cloud the issue!

Scrabbling around trying to offload the blame - or responsiblity if you will - onto anyone except RIRA is trying to cloud the issue.

No-one with a gun or bomb after 1972, the date of the IRA ceacefire, has any right to do anything except STFU and take their lumps. The Brits did not bomb Omagh.

ArtyQueing

Am I fu*k trying to cloud the issue!

Scrabbling around trying to offload the blame - or responsiblity if you will - onto anyone except RIRA is trying to cloud the issue.

No-one with a gun or bomb after 1972, the date of the IRA ceacefire, has any right to do anything except STFU and take their lumps. The Brits did not bomb Omagh.

Try and keep a civil tongue in your head, you do not impress me. I am offloading no blame or responsibility - I would just like to get to the truth and let everyone take whatever blame or praise as appropriate. If you wanted the truth you would support that instead of yet again trying to obfuscate and indulge in whataboutery.

Eldritch

It's very likely that the RIRA and so on could be under the control of MI5 or at least some MI5 agents on their own (it would be a mistake to think of the British government as a monolith) however I do think that - MI5 control or not - it was the RIRA who committed that atrocity (you wouldn't believe many republicans refuse to believe the reals did it).

TennisFan

it was the brits , they just try to blame everything they do on republicans to be honest

Truth.ie

The reason given by the British for the civilian deaths was their inability to find the car in time.
Just like to remind people that there was a ****************************** British tracking device inside the car and it was being monitored for weeks.
It was probably the only illegally parked car in the street and was fitted with a tracking device. Despite this and the phone warnings they couldnt "find the car" in 45 minutes.
Open your eyes ffs.

Eldritch

Also let it be known that the 32csm/RIRA are complete pussies, they whine endlessly about being 'harrassed' by the psni, they whine about being 'demonoized' they are complete sumbag cowards. Also this really cracks me up:

32CSM uncover huge drugs haul in East Tyrone - Indymedia Ireland

Yes the 32csm c*nts are a-okay with mass murder but heavens to betsy if anyone gets high, also they went to the PSNI, I guess the reals are too busy killing pizza boys.

Truth.ie

It's very likely that the RIRA and so on could be under the control of MI5 or at least some MI5 agents on their own (it would be a mistake to think of the British government as a monolith) however I do think that - MI5 control or not - it was the RIRA who committed that atrocity (you wouldn't believe many republicans refuse to believe the reals did it).
I was told by a Detective Sergeant in Kevin Street, whilst under arrest, that te Reals had nothing to do with Omagh. He said the CIRA ballsed it up.
I personally believe the Brits used agent provocateurs to engineer a public backlash against Republican militants.

mejustme

A fact is where something was last night, intelligence is where it's going to be tomorrow night.

Facts can be based on intelligence but intelligence are not facts.

Republicans killed 29 people on Saturday 15 August 1998, no one else.

Truth.ie

Also let it be known that the 32csm/RIRA are complete pussies, they whine endlessly about being 'harrassed' by the psni, they whine about being 'demonoized' they are complete sumbag cowards. Also this really cracks me up:

32CSM uncover huge drugs haul in East Tyrone - Indymedia Ireland

Yes the 32csm c*nts are a-okay with mass murder but heavens to betsy if anyone gets high, also they went to the PSNI, I guess the reals are too busy killing pizza boys.
They didnt go to the PSNI.
They are wrongly accused of drug dealing and also condemned for combatting drugs.
Damned if they do, and damned if they dont.
You're way off topic by the way.

Eldritch

I don't think the CIRA did it, there's no evidence to indicate that and it's not really the contos style, compare their history with the reals, fyi I do not support the CIRA/RSF.

Hobo Sapiens

Who benefitted from Omagh? MI5
Not only MI5 but the US, NATO, and the EU. Omagh was a catalyst to wind up 'the Troubles' ahead of the 'War on Terror'. You couldn't have a proper WOT if you had terrorists in your backyard, especially if they weren't dark-skinned Muslims from exotic lands (containing 'our' oil).

Truth.ie

A fact is where something was last night, intelligence is where it's going to be tomorrow night.

Facts can be based on intelligence but intelligence are not facts.

Republicans killed 29 people on Saturday 15 August 1998, no one else.
Was the guy who chose Omagh a Republican?
Was the guy who supplied the car a Republican?
Was the bombmaker a Republican?
And thats only what we know of.

Eldritch

"They didnt go to the PSNI.
They are wrongly accused of drug dealing and also condemned for combatting drugs.
Damned if they do, and damned if they dont.
You're way off topic by the way."

Oh yes those poor terrorist fronts, they have it so tough.:rolleyes: Also don't you think that it's a bit much for the front of a terrorist org that killed 31 people (I include the two eight month yro infants that died) to get all self righteous about marijuana? They were probably just taking out the competition anyway.

"Republicans killed 29 people on Saturday 15 August 1998, no one else."

Definitely however I'm open to the possiblity that MI5 was pulling their strings.