Was Omagh Investigation a Whitewash

Truth.ie

I don't think the CIRA did it, there's no evidence to indicate that and it's not really the contos style, compare their history with the reals, fyi I do not support the CIRA/RSF.
I advise you read up on the matter then.

lapsedmethodist

Not only MI5 but the US, NATO, and the EU. Omagh was a catalyst to wind up 'the Troubles' ahead of the 'War on Terror'. You couldn't have a proper WOT if you had terrorists in your backyard, especially if they weren't dark-skinned Muslims from exotic lands (containing 'our' oil).
You're Tom Clancy, aren't you ?

the_moss

A fact is where something was last night, intelligence is where it's going to be tomorrow night.

Facts can be based on intelligence but intelligence are not facts.

Republicans killed 29 people on Saturday 15 August 1998, no one else.

Jumping to conclusions with bias is unhelpful. You have provided no facts.
One fact is that the brits monitored the phone calls of the bombers that day. They had the information at hand to prevent any bombing taking place.
They didn't prevent it.
They have questions to answer.

Truth.ie

"They didnt go to the PSNI.
They are wrongly accused of drug dealing and also condemned for combatting drugs.
Damned if they do, and damned if they dont.
You're way off topic by the way."

Oh yes those poor terrorist fronts, they have it so tough.:rolleyes: Also don't you think that it's a bit much for the front of a terrorist org that killed 31 people (I include the two eight month yro infants that died) to get all self righteous about marijuana? They were probably just taking out the competition anyway.

"Republicans killed 29 people on Saturday 15 August 1998, no one else."

Definitely however I'm open to the possiblity that MI5 was pulling their strings.
The US/UK Govt get self righteous over marijuana.
Do you have a body count for them over the last ten years??
Spare me the hypocrisy ffs.

Truth.ie

Jumping to conclusions with bias is unhelpful. You have provided no facts.
One fact is that the brits monitored the phone calls of the bombers that day. They had the information at hand to prevent any bombing taking place.
They didn't prevent it.
They have questions to answer.
they also had pinpoint tracking on the car for weeks, but couldnt locate it after the warnings were delivered.

ArtyQueing

Eldritch

"The US/UK Govt get self righteous over marijuana.
Do you have a body count for them over the last ten years??
Spare me the hypocrisy ffs."

What does the US government have to do with this? I support drug legalization and a terrorist front acting all high 'n mighty about marijuana pisses me, that's like the ETA whining about cigarrettes.

lapsedmethodist

Try and keep a civil tongue in your head, you do not impress me. I am offloading no blame or responsibility - I would just like to get to the truth and let everyone take whatever blame or praise as appropriate. If you wanted the truth you would support that instead of yet again trying to obfuscate and indulge in whataboutery.
There was no whataboutery mentioned. The truth is that RIRA bombed Omagh. The telephone monitoring is a complete red herring.

Mr Crowley

I have deep reservations about the role of the British in the Omagh atrocity, in fact I do believe that they actively allowed the atrocity to occur. Now we hear that Nuala O'Loan has reservations on the Gibson Report into the bombing. Was the report a whitewash ? I believe so.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | O'Loan says Omagh findings 'odd'
Of course the Omagh investigation was a whitewash, the peelers were even proven to have tampered with and fabricated evidence during the Hoey trial.

The families have called for a full and independent cross-border inquiry but the Brits say no. They wouldn't be denying the families the right to a full inquiry if they had nothing to hide. In time the Omagh families will be treated like the Dublin / Monaghan families were if they continue to pursue their campaign for an inquiry.

Eldritch

"In time the Omagh families will be treated like the Dublin / Monaghan families were if they continue to pursue their campaign for an inquiry."

Except hopefully Willie Frazer and his fellow knuckle dragging bigots won't be marching through Omagh carrying pix of Mickey McKevitt and Colm Murphy.;)

ArtyQueing

There was no whataboutery mentioned. The truth is that RIRA bombed Omagh. The telephone monitoring is a complete red herring.
Good - you are starting to behave rationally

the_moss

No he isn't Arty. At the first sign of a debate or an awkward point or fact that does not fit in with his view he runs for the hills.
He has tried to derail this thread already and when facts are put to him he scurries off. He is a clown and a coward.

topotheday

Irish Republicans believe what they want to believe and even if they don't believe, they say it anyway and they keep saying it with the hope that fools around the world will start to believe their lies. The only people responsible for The Omagh slaughter were Irish Republicans. End of.

mutley

Irish Republicans believe what they want to believe and even if they don't believe, they say it anyway and they keep saying it with the hope that fools around the world will start to believe their lies. The only people responsible for The Omagh slaughter were Irish Republicans. End of.
Do you deny that the British were involved in bombing Dublin and Monaghan?

We look for the truth, But we don't have the same rose tinted spectacles about the British, that you do.

They bombed Dublin and Omagh, which was the biggest loss of life until the Omagh Bombing, and their paw prints are all over that too

S

SeamusNapoleon

Police accused over Omagh

Fresh evidence that police could have intercepted the Omagh bombers before they committed the atrocity has been uncovered in a new independent inquiry, victims’ relatives have claimed.

Bereaved families who commissioned the report said it has identified “hard proof” that officers on both sides of the Border were involved in a live operation on the day of the attack.
New evidence will be presented to the government in Britain next month, the article claims.

“This is new evidence that hasn’t been made public before.” He [Aiden Gallagher's father] added: “We also have evidence that public officials lied to the general public about the Omagh bombing.

Police accused over Omagh bombing - The Irish Times - Fri, May 11, 2012

between the bridges

New evidence will be presented to the government in Britain next month, the article claims.
yeah the omagh bomb was the police's fault... here's a mad notion maybe the fault lies with who made and planted the bomb...

Desperate Dan

Am I fu*k trying to cloud the issue!

Scrabbling around trying to offload the blame - or responsiblity if you will - onto anyone except RIRA is trying to cloud the issue.

No-one with a gun or bomb after 1972, the date of the IRA ceacefire, has any right to do anything except STFU and take their lumps. The Brits did not bomb Omagh.
With an attitude like that, what are you hiding.

Desperate Dan

yeah the omagh bomb was the police's fault... here's a mad notion maybe the fault lies with who made and planted the bomb...
It hurts when your masters are criticized.

between the bridges

It hurts when your masters are criticized.
is that a S & M term? FYI i don't have any masters, now away you go and reply to a three year old comment...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies