• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Was there a cover-up in the Mary Boyle case?

davidcameron

Micheál Martin meets sister of missing Mary Boyle (6)

The twin sister of Mary Boyle (6), who went missing in Donegal 39 years ago, has presented Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin “evidence” that a politician orchestrated a ‘cover up’ in the case.

Ann Doherty had a two-hour meeting with Mr Martin at Leinster House on Tuesday during which she called on him to initiate a Dáil debate on the Garda investigation in the case, and asked him to support her demand that an inquest be held into her sister’s death.

Mr Martin was accompanied by barrister and Fianna Fáil TD Jim O’Callaghan, while Ms Doherty was accompanied by her friend Margo O’Donnell and journalist Gemma O’Doherty, who is assisting Ms Doherty in her campaign. She is also making a documentary on the case.

Mary Boyle went missing on March 18th, 1977 from the family farmland near Ballyshannon, Co Donegal. Ms Doherty believes her sister was sexually assaulted and murdered and that the man who killed her was protected by the authorities.

O’Doherty said they presented evidence to Mr Martin that a politician sought to intervene in the case.

Ms Doherty said Mr Martin told her the appropriate place to bring the allegations was the gardaí. “But we have no faith in the Garda. You wonder what you have to do to get justice in this country,” she said.
Surely, anger about the disappearance - and probable murder - of a child would override deference to a politician. Even if the suspect had been interrogated and it had been halted, it would have been leaked to the press and thus caused a public outcry.

Half Nelson

Boy M5

derryman

So when Gerry Adams next tells Tricky Mickey to go to the police with allegations of Adams membership ,he really cant scoff about that.

It is disgraceful that our public representatives will not call for an inquest. Maybe Anne Boyle should be calling for photoshoots on the Dail steps.

james toney

Where is the clamour for a Dail debate on this scandal? :roll:

mr_anderson

Given the perpetrator is 'known', Im amazed they haven't been involved in an 'accident' in all these years.
Were I a member of the Boyle family, I don't know if I could contain myself.

davidcameron

It's possible that there wasn't any proof that the suspect was involved in Mary's disappearance anyway.

H20 Member

Given the perpetrator is 'known', Im amazed they haven't been involved in an 'accident' in all these years.
When you consider those who stepped in to protect him, I would say many would have feared the full force of a dirty/corrupt high ranking Garda officer with many foot soldiers who will do anything for the boss. Not something you want to have against you at any time of life.

davidcameron

How can we be certain that Robert Black didn't kill Mary? Wasn't it the prevailing view until recently that he did?

GDPR

How can we be certain that Robert Black didn't kill Mary? Wasn't it the prevailing view until recently that he did?
Because there is no evidence he was in Donegal at all on the day Mary Boyle disappeared. there were three permanent Garda checkpoints on the border and any number of British Army units operating along it and no one clocked him. He wasnt even in NI where his movements could be traced through petrol receipts and delivery records.

runwiththewind

Who's the perpetrator and political?

Kilbarry

There was a similar blood libel about the murder of 10 year old Bernadette Connolly in 1970. That one was directed against the Catholic Church with Alan Shatter making a stab at being Witchfinder General. (This was in 2009 when he was Fine Gael spokesman for Justice.) It was always clear to me that the Church would not be the ONLY victim of this kind of lunacy.

Gurdiev77

we seem to have had submissiveness bred into us as a nation.

Think of all the clerical abuse that was known about.....how often did you hear of a cleric having the head beaten off him by an enraged parent ?

runwiththewind

we seem to have had submissiveness bred into us as a nation.

Think of all the clerical abuse that was known about.....how often did you hear of a cleric having the head beaten off him by an enraged parent ?
Of course we have. That's the whole purpose of the Catholic Church dominating education. Our leaders can't have a people like previous generations who took on the British system and won. From the Land Leaguers, the Gaelic Revivalists, the Rising and War of Independence.

That's why we export them instead by steadfastly refusing to provide full employment for them.

davidcameron

Mary's twin identified a location where she believes the body was buried.

Have I Found Mary’s Grave? | Broadsheet.ie

So why hasn't that area been searched?

Was Mary's family aware of this suspect in the immediate aftermath of her disappearance? Surely, the family would have gone to the press if it suspected that there was a cover-up.

H20 Member

Mary's twin identified a location where she believes the body was buried.

Have I Found Mary’s Grave? | Broadsheet.ie

So why hasn't that area been searched?

Was Mary's family aware of this suspect in the immediate aftermath of her disappearance? Surely, the family would have gone to the press if it suspected that there was a cover-up.
You would think they would have but it has become apparent that they knew form an early stage who the real killer was. I am sure you seen this twitter account https://twitter.com/gemmaod1 if not it is worth reading.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies