Was there a cover-up in the Mary Boyle case?

HereWeGoAgain

Brilliantly done. Well done Gemma O'D., Ann (Mary's sister) and Margo - I sincerely hope justice now follows while the perpetrator can spend time behind bars for this most heinous crime. Poor Charlie O'Boyle who lost his life in a fishing accident some fifteen years ago - what a tragic tale, let us hope that within a short time, the remains of his little girl can be found and laid to rest.

tigerben

Just finished watching it and obviously only one conclusion could be reached on who they " thought" murdered Mary Boyle. It does seem strange that there is silence within a small group of people and that the feelings of one seems to out weigh justice and the feelings of others . I would have preferred to hear from Mary's mother and brother as well for balance , but from the later interview pieces shown Which I know can be edited to sway minds , it does seem as if the mother knew something but wanted to leave it.
Fair play to Margo , she has put herself out there , been vocal , seems to have used her own money and is media savvy enough and has pull enough to make the noise for Ann and for Mary. The two retired detectives seem believable and a little broken by the case.

captain obvious

I thought they overdid some of the conspiracy stuff, e.g. the father's death. But I was seriously impressed with Margo. I can't understand the Coroner's position of not holding an inquest on grounds of the impact on the mother, that to me seems incompatible with justice.

tigerben

#MaryBoyle trending on Twitter , that's great for all involved and hopeful mainstream media will get their finger out. Let's hopes that the end is in sight and answers will soon be known.

tigerben

a former lab senator just lit a bonfire on Twitter #MaryBoyle .

H20 Member

I'd expect nothing better from Cahill. Is she still a senator?
That individual is a nobody and will never be anything else pay no attention to her. Well done to all involved in bringing this into the public domain.

R

Ramps

Very sad case obviously, but some of the stuff in the film was bizarre; e.g. expecting police in Pearse St. to be able to do something.

luggage

There was no legal obligation to report it when he was Minister for Health.
Read that statement back again to yourself, and then have a little think about it.

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Very classy from the ex-Labour senator who never testified against those she accused.

Of course, the good senator seems to be unaware that youtube locks your views at 254 for a few hours until they authenticate your view count. But it's not the first time Maria has shot off her mouth and been found wanting, I suppose we should just be happy she's not out shooting for the RNU :roll:

derryman

Very classy from the ex-Labour senator who never testified against those she accused.

Of course, the good senator seems to be unaware that youtube locks your views at 254 for a few hours until they authenticate your view count. But it's not the first time Maria has shot off her mouth and been found wanting, I suppose we should just be happy she's not out shooting for the RNU :roll:
Bought and paid for with a photo on the steps of leinster house.
There was a time when people would have held out for the front page of the time magazine.

HereWeGoAgain

I've received a warning for something I posted last evening. It contained nothing.

Gemma O'Doherty has continued, together with Ann Doherty and Margo to push for justice in this case, despite efforts to suppress, delay, silence leave well enough alone. The quote, Martin Luther King at the end which reflects "justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere". How true.

As for ex-Senator Cahill and her remarks. Were she to lose a sister in such tragic circumstances I am sure she would understand the pain and torture Mary's twin sister goes through in attempting on a daily basis to recover her sister's remains. What is so difficult to understand about that - and to see the perpetrator brought to justice without delay together with those who impeded the investigation.

O'Doherty, Ann (Mary's sister) and Margo are exhausting all possibilities outside the State and I wish them every success as within Ireland when it comes to facing the unpalatable truth, we have a history of turning a blind eye and pulling up the infested carpet further in an effort to hide once again. Shame on all those in power who have been contacted throughout the decades and have done nothing.

I am disgusted by the efforts made to persuade Ann Doherty of a new narrative by unannounced Gardaí upon visiting her home.

Thankfully she is strong enough to withstand the onslaught. And as she says she will continue to her dying day to fight for justice for her twin. I hope it comes soon.

Well done to all involved in the production and You Tube for allowing us a forum to view when our own National Broadcaster did not do so - a case of public interest - and instead attempted to extract over 12K for just over three minutes of footage from O'Doherty for transmission on the net.

I am furious this morning, absolutely furious about this miscarriage of justice. It unfortunately adds credence to what I suspected - females did not matter 40 years ago in Ireland; children did not matter (Magdalene Laundries, Industrial Schools, etc) ..... they still, do not matter.

It's time to hang our heads in shame.

Barna

I've received a warning for something I posted last evening. It contained nothing.

Gemma O'Doherty has continued, together with Ann Doherty and Margo to push for justice in this case, despite efforts to suppress, delay, silence leave well enough alone. The quote, Martin Luther King at the end which reflects "justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere". How true.

As for ex-Senator Cahill and her remarks. Were she to lose a sister in such tragic circumstances I am sure she would understand the pain and torture Mary's twin sister goes through in attempting on a daily basis to recover her sister's remains. What is so difficult to understand about that - and to see the perpetrator brought to justice without delay together with those who impeded the investigation.

O'Doherty, Ann (Mary's sister) and Margo are exhausting all possibilities outside the State and I wish them every success as within Ireland when it comes to facing the unpalatable truth, we have a history of turning a blind eye and pulling up the infested carpet further in an effort to hide once again. Shame on all those in power who have been contacted throughout the decades and have done nothing.

I am disgusted by the efforts made to persuade Ann Doherty of a new narrative by unannounced Gardaí upon visiting her home.

Thankfully she is strong enough to withstand the onslaught. And as she says she will continue to her dying day to fight for justice for her twin. I hope it comes soon.

Well done to all involved in the production and You Tube for allowing us a forum to view when our own National Broadcaster did not do so - a case of public interest - and instead attempted to extract over 12K for just over three minutes of footage from O'Doherty for transmission on the net.

I am furious this morning, absolutely furious about this miscarriage of justice. It unfortunately adds credence to what I suspected - females did not matter 40 years ago in Ireland; children did not matter (Magdalene Laundries, Industrial Schools, etc) ..... they still, do not matter.

It's time to hang our heads in shame.
I had a warning for 'legal reasons' and had my posts deleted.
I never mentioned anyone's names on made any direct allegations.

Why are the Irish media so afraid of this case?

mr_anderson

Can anyone give me a 'theoretical' explanation as to why the politician would lean on the Gardaí and why, even after all this time, the cover-up continues ?

sadcitizen

Yeah I don't get this case at all.

I don't get why the entire political establishment seems to be against the Boyles, from FF's apparent legal threats to FG's apparent inaction to Mairia's jibes on Twitter, especially, as the last post says, after all this time.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies