• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Waste in Health

myksav

Daily Mail tomorrow 07-10-10. According to NewsTalk's Coleman at Large.

Hundreds of thousands of Euro paid in salaries to a hospital that doesn't exist yet.
The Children's Hospital proposed for the Mater hospital recieves salary funding for four people.

firefly123

Nothing surprises me. Do ye think maybe these people could work in temple street until to other one opens

spidermom

Just seen this on VB as well...25 million has been spent on this project so far...and not a block laid.
The plans for the hospital have gone to An Bord Pleanala under the Vital Infrastructure Plan and as such will not go through DCC or the city planners.

Mary of course is allegedly under obligation to both Bertie and Prof Drumm to proceed post haste!!!....
New children

Drumm appointed to paediatric hospital board - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 17, 2010

New children's hospital on fast track through the planning procedures - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 31, 2010

spotty

HSE paying staff for hospital that won't exist until at least 2014

Explosive front page in the Daily Mail tomorrow folks. And before you make the gags, Spotty has seen the story, and can vouch for it personally.

The HSE has hired staff, including a hospital manager, a medical director, and a other senior administrators for a hospital (the proposed new national children's hospital) that does not exist.

These staff are being paid RIGHT NOW, earning massive salaries, while planning permission for the hospital has yet to be granted.

It's right out of Yes, Prime Minister.

Spotty doesn't see any way that Harney survives this, the day after she said the HSE was efficient.

I repeat, the Daily Mail reports that the taxpayer has hired, and is currently paying staff for a hospital that has not even been granted planning permission.

This is HUGE.

spidermom

Explosive front page in the Daily Mail tomorrow folks. And before you make the gags, Spotty has seen the story, and can vouch for it personally.

The HSE has hired staff, including a hospital manager, a medical director, and a other senior administrators for a hospital (the proposed new national children's hospital) that does not exist.

These staff are being paid RIGHT NOW, earning massive salaries, while planning permission for the hospital has yet to be granted.

Spotty doesn't see any way that Harney survives this, the day after she said the HSE was efficient.

I repeat, the Daily Mail reports that the taxpayer has hired, and is currently paying staff for a hospital that has not even been granted planning permission.

This is HUGE.
Already spotted Spotty!!
We'll see if its HUGE!!!
Don't get your hopes up...read my posting above!

theghost

You are joking, of course? Please tell me you're joking.

If this is true it still won't be the end of Harney. She'll just say it's a matter for the HSE and nothing to do with her.

eoghanacht

Did anyone hear the C.F suferers on joe duffy today?

spidermom

Pauli

This is HUGE.

Harney will survive because the only people, THE ONLY PEOPLE, who can finish her public career are the voters of Dublin Mid-West. Unless she decides not to stand next time out.

turdsl

Did anyone hear the C.F suferers on joe duffy today?

I did. it was terrible,If this country was half decent Harneys resignation should be in yesterday
evening.I worked in the health service, to hear the girl coughing up blood and she in a room with 80 year patients. that is a death sentence for a patient with Cystic Fibrosis. It made me ashamed of my country. What kind of government have we ? .

myksav

You are joking, of course? Please tell me you're joking.

If this is true it still won't be the end of Harney. She'll just say it's a matter for the HSE and nothing to do with her.
Unfortunately, no, it isn't a joke. My jaw is still sore from when it hit the floor.

nakatomi

Suprised no one has picked up on the children waiting on trolleys for beds yet.

Broke

Hse waste

Daily Mail tomorrow 07-10-10. According to NewsTalk's Coleman at Large.

Hundreds of thousands of Euro paid in salaries to a hospital that doesn't exist yet.
The Children's Hospital proposed for the Mater hospital recieves salary funding for four people.
I would say, they will retire with full pension by 2014 and a good retirement party.