Water protest? Hostage situation?

Franzoni

You know me by now I do not post anything I cant verify, on the clip of the IT breaking news its there in color ,objects been thrown at the car. Regardless of what objects were thrown , its intent and its certainly no where near peaceful .
Unlike the fella who actually threw eggs at a shareholders meeting for one of the banksa few years back and was feted on Liveline......

Of course his accent was a little more refined and the loss of his investment which led to the egg throwing more in common with those who don't have to worry where 200+ lids is going to come from top pay for all these little stealth taxes and charges.....

There is a very serious situation going on now and it's the deepening divide between sections of society and between politicians and a large section of people countrywide,not just in pockets of Dublin and other urban centres...and its being caused in no small part by politicians and others in the so called establishment talking out of both sides of their mouth ..

Be thankful if it stays at a few eggs or water balloon....

GDPR

Seek help.
Oh it's just My Dick is Going Begging.

He'll run back to the NI Forum in a minute and have another row about who is the Proddiest of them all?

The real Unionists on that Forum hate him. Little wannabe.

sic transit

Protestors blocked her car. She got out and walked to another one. She's probably at home now tucked up in bed nursing her bruised ego or her iPad, or both.
It's very poor optics for a so-called "peaceful protest" and hints of an own goal about it.

neiphin

You're right.
Whilst I was roaring laughing when I saw the six o'clock news ( :oops: ), the truth is that kind of behaviour really isn't terribly admirable.
your right
but that is what fg/lab have brought the people too

i personally believe that there were agent provocateers present

derryman

Tánaiste
Tánaiste’s car blocked by water charge protesters in Tallaght
So this is now OK? :mad:
The last time I checked this type of behaviour was illegal and unacceptable or have I missed something?
Maybe she was just sitting there listening. She does that you know.

Marcos the black

Militant thuggery?

The Yummy Mummies must be stopped I tells ye!! Blocking cars every mon-fri between 8:15 - 9:15am and 1:15 - 3:00pm during school days. Down with that sort of thing!

:lol:

Protestors blocked her car. She got out and walked to another one. She's probably at home now tucked up in bed nursing her bruised ego or her iPad, or both.
Says the poster sitting at home in front of a nice fire typing on her iPad...

wombat

The next elections shall be a bit of a revelation in my view ,FG to get under 40 anyone?
)
Be careful what you wish for, there are a lot more haves than have nots, the biggest threat to FG will come from the likes of Lord Ross and the PD wannabes

amsterdemmetje

Would this distinguish them from the cuddly pro privatisation and pro government lobby here who are paragons of civility and reasoned argument .......you know the ones : hiding behind a fukwit, flavourometer, westham fanboy, marcostheinsufferable and all them.......not to mention the stalker-cogar tag team.petunia
Do you agree with the actions of "some" people at that protest today?
Did you watch the clips and come away thinking that was a peaceful protest? because for the life of me im still trying to see what part of the surrounding of the car was peaceful.

Socratus O' Pericles

James Connolly spent his life defending the interests of the workers, most these protestors almost certainly never worked a day in their lives and probably have no intention of ever working.
See that right there.........that's the kind of snobbery and arrogance that is going to lay FG low.

sic transit

All those Yummy Mummies blocking cars on a daily basis. Dissidents one and all I tell you. :)
Ah OK. They don't hang around for two hours - much more important things to be doing.

E

Elbereth

It's very poor optics for a so-called "peaceful protest" and hints of an own goal about it.
Sitting down and blockading a car... No-one was injured or hurt and Joan walked quite ably to another car where she could happily drive off to her ivory, and heavily pensioned, tower.

As for own goals that would be Irish Water. :)

ticketyboo

James Connolly spent his life defending the interests of the workers, most these protestors almost certainly never worked a day in their lives and probably have no intention of ever working.
Why do you and your like persist in posting these filthy lies?
I know why, of course, it's because you've lost the argument and the only thing left is to taint the protestors. How could you POSSIBLY know the employment status of these people? You don't, of course....just a big old liar.

Politically Correct

Since when is applying the rule of law to a baying mob of scobies, aggressive intimidation.
If you act the maggot at protests , you cannot complain if you get peppered or clobbered.
And if you act the maggot when in government,(And i use the word loosely) they should not complain when clobbered by the people.

sic transit

See that right there.........that's the kind of snobbery and arrogance that is going to lay FG low.
These kinds of people don't vote for FG. They did vote for Da Bert but never FG.

An Gilladaker

There's a minority who'd support with anything done to people from rival parties, upto and including physical violence, and a minority who support the idea of water charges.
In the middle, most people don't want to pay for water, but can be alienated by the political leadership of the anti-water charge protests showing its true colours.

• Daniel McFarlane @WinoMcFarlane ·
    I just saw the footage of the protesting against against Joan Burton today, I take back what I said. That wasn't right... #irishwater
  • Glenna Lynch @Glenna_lynch ·
    Have supported both #IrishWater protests but the physical intimidation of Joan Burton today is totally unacceptable.
  • Urbs Intacta Manet @UrbsIntacta ·
    No fan of what @labour are doing in Gov but todays #watercharges protest was step to far. Every politician has right to freedom of movement.
  • Tony O'Brien @groutie60 ·
    All 4 protesting against austerity issue but treatment of @joan_burton today was disgraceful and anti democratic
  • Gareth Noble @GarNob ·
    I'm passionate about rt to protest but hemming in ministerial cars for 3 hours is counter productive and wrong. Protest in the ballot box!
  • Suzy Byrne @suzybie ·
    'do we agree to let her go?' - from Paul Murphy - what sort of peaceful protest is imprisoning a minister?
  • Conor Pope @conor_pope ·
    Only thing the "peaceful" protesters in #Jobstown did today was damage the #irishwater protest movement. It's a real shame.
  • Raymond Carroll @rayjcarroll ·
    I am against #watercharges but I am also against our Politicians been Harassed and bullied when in public. Respect the office #joanburton
  • Keith O'Connor @keithoc11 ·
    Disgraceful what happened to Joan Burton today. I'm all for the peaceful protests but that down was downright intimidation by common thugs.
Any evidence that any one of them took part in a protest against the water tax??
Who REALLY Fought In 1916? | Broadsheet.ie

Franzoni

Ah but the half-hearted are the ones who show up in big numbers and allow you claim tens of thousands and widespread support.
Better they stay at home if they are so easily frightened....

In years to come they can pretend they were there to their grandkids in that noble Irish pastime of selective memory.....

slippy wicket