Way to go, Limerick. Make Cork jealous.

Bea C

I shouldn't imagine that Cork need panic just yet.

shoneen

I spoke about this to Mrs Shoneen who (I'm led to believe) hails from somewhere in Cork.

She thinks it's vital to remove all planning restrictions in Cork NOW to ensure that they are not overtaken by Limerick in the building of "stuff"!

Erudite Caveman

I spoke about this to Mrs Shoneen who (I'm led to believe) hails from somewhere in Cork.

She thinks it's vital to remove all planning restrictions in Cork NOW to ensure that they are not overtaken by Limerick in the building of "stuff"!
Did she say anything about the 5000 jobs that will be created forever and ever building these three things in Limerick?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Limerick being jealous of Cork - or is it the other way around? Amusing.

Nonetheless, up here in Dublin its akin to being a prize racehorse watching the mules nickering amongst themselves....

;)

Fr. Hank Tree

Pretty soon Cork will have the Taoiseach-ship and the finance ministry. And the potential next leader of FG is from Cork aswell. We have the edge ;)

stanley

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-needs-to-expand-as-a-city-or-risk-being-eclipsed-by-limerick-422029.html

O'Callaghan forgets to mention his role at Mahon where he bribed every politician in Dublin who would take a bribe or how he stole Tommy Gilmartin's Liffey SC with the considerable help of AIB.

Nor does he mention as probably FF's largest donor over the last 30 years and wants his perceived entitlement in building projects and grants from the State.

He has been nurturing MeHole since he was a lad and wants/demands payback.

Ramon Mercadar

The money will be robbed and the investors will be stabbed.

JCR

Why is a "newspaper" quoting paddy builder, oh sorry, "developer" Owen O Callaghan without mentioning the money he was giving to Mickey Martin who subsequently lied about it in a manner reminiscent of Father Ted?

In a way that article demonstrates how backward Ireland is as a country, treating city development as if its some GAA match rivalry or something. No wonder our politicians and developers laugh at the people.

Fr. Hank Tree

In a way that article demonstrates how backward Ireland is as a country, treating city development as if its some GAA match rivalry or something. No wonder our politicians and developers laugh at the people.
The GAA comparison is daft. Rivalries between developing cities is not something confined to Ireland. Manchester and Liverpool had a famous rivalry for example.

It's actually a healthy sign. The second and third cities in the state are becoming more ambitious. It's good for the country.

SuirView

Is this the same Owen O'Callaghan?

Horgan

JCR

The GAA comparison is daft. Rivalries between developing cities is not something confined to Ireland. Manchester and Liverpool had a famous rivalry for example.

It's actually a healthy sign. The second and third cities in the state are becoming more ambitious. It's good for the country.
Yeah lets pretend that so. Its worked a treat so far.

'orebel

Limerick?

Make Cork jealous?

:lol::lol::lol:

Finbar10

Limerick City Centre could do with a bit more development in terms of retail. I'm familiar enough with both Cork and Limerick City centres. In terms of shopping, IMO Cork City Centre is a nicer experience. It's more compact, with everything being not too far from, radiating off of, or parallel to Patrick Street. Since they revamped Patrick Street (must be many years ago now), it's a big pleasant wide main shopping thoroughfare. It's harder to identify a "centre" to Limerick City centre. The shops seem more dispersed (and there doesn't seem to be as big a range). That said, I love the big bookshop on Limerick's O'Connell Street (can't remember its name). The nearest equivalent would be the Waterstones one in Cork (but that's nowhere as big). Both have the usual big drive-in out of town shopping centres. Can't say I'm a great fan of these (I'd guess they are fairly comparable in both places).

Fr. Hank Tree

It's funny, you have an interesting topic about a big issue yet the backward small minded members among us are only interested in talking about a developer.

As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies