• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

We are, where we are - Flashback to 2007 Budget

Partizan

Praise Jehovah for the RTE archives.

It was late 2006 and the Zanu FF inspired property bubble was at its peak. Budget 2007 was the last of the great giveaways. €3.5 billion was collected more than expected, €2.5 billion from Capital Taxes and Stamp Duty. Clowen was upbeat and spoke of his promise to "reward workers". A timely reminder to everyone of why we are in this mess.

The Big Giveaway - RTÉ Archives

Hewson

Praise Jehovah for the RTE archives.

It was late 2006 and the Zanu FF inspired property bubble was at its peak. Budget 2007 was the last of the great giveaways. Clowen was upbeat and spoke of his promise to "reward workers". A timely reminder to everyone of why we are in this mess.

The Big Giveaway - RTÉ Archives
True.

But I still want to see Gilmore stuffed.

flavirostris

"It was", Mr Ahern said, "the result of years of good management of the economy".

Analyzer

I think I remember. Moan was talking about the "lost opportunity" to blow more money.

G

Gimpanzee

which brought about lots of "groat".
And we always thought growth was his way of pronouncing 'growth'. Turns out it meant running the economy into the ground, but making it look like you were doing the opposite. At least we'll know the next time.