We don't like signing on the social, the dole. We prefer to work until we die.

He3

Jillul Rahman, unemployed hotel worker -

Filmed outside Cork Social Welfare Office, RTÉ Nine News 1.12.10

One voice out of 428000.

myhonorisloyalty666

He seemed like a decent man who felt humiliated to be on the dole.

But wait until the racist scumbags start posting.

chriskavo

Whats your point? Fair play to him and he speaks for the majority of those 428,000 people who genuinely want to work.

slippy wicket

wilting

Forget about cutting the minimum wage, it should be done away with altogether, would get a lot of people working again and would do a lot for getting the state moving again. If somebody isn't earning a living wage, then wealth resdistribution should take place then, not after a too high minimum wage has forced them out of work, resulting in more needing to be paid out to keep them going, not to mentioning hurting productivity. Policy should compensate for the vagaries of the market, not actively work against it.

I volunteered at a business in order to get some experience and to be doing something, oh a year ago now, I would have much rather have been paid only a couple of euro an hour than being reduced to that.

idle tim

He seemed like a decent man who felt humiliated to be on the dole.

But wait until the racist scumbags start posting.
To view a real scumbag,take a look in the mirror.

99% of people tossed onto the scrapheap over the last 3 years feel humiliated,no matter what colour creed ar Nationality they might happen to be.

cricket

Forget about cutting the minimum wage, it should be done away with altogether, would get a lot of people working again and would do a lot for getting the state moving again. If somebody isn't earning a living wage, then wealth resdistribution should take place then, not after a too high minimum wage has forced them out of work, resulting in more needing to be paid out to keep them going, not to mentioning hurting productivity. Policy should compensate for the vagaries of the market, not actively work against it.

I volunteered at a business in order to get some experience and to be doing something, oh a year ago now, I would have much rather have been paid only a couple of euro an hour than being reduced to that.
And while we're at it we should repeal the legislation that banned 12 year old kids working in mines or as chimneysweeps. When you and I were growing up ( you have grown up , haven't you ? ) a bit of dirt and a cough hardened us up no end.

wilting

Yeah because wealth redistribution as an alternative to the minimum wage, you know having people earn the same amount of money just by a preferable mechanism that keeps more people working, is TOTALLY the same as having children work in horrible working conditions. How many straw men worked in those mines?

It sure makes total logical sense to force firms that want to hire people not to and to force people who want to work onto the dole.

Last edited:
I

idij

By raising the retirement age to 68 the government are happy to announce that they are making significant progress towards this aim.

former wesleyan

BodyPolathick

To view a real scumbag,take a look in the mirror.

99% of people tossed onto the scrapheap over the last 3 years feel humiliated,no matter what colour creed ar Nationality they might happen to be.

+1 Exactly - In some posters eyes however your only huniliated if you are a foreigner.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies