We need a platform for protest, not aligned to any of the usual suspects

asset test

I know there are marches etc. coming up, but they are being hijacked by Unions and others of the so called "establishment", who may never have to suffer what is coming down the tracks for the rest of us.

Given that there is so much anger out there, I think it needs an outlet. However, lots of people, myself included, would rather live on a tin of beans than follow a march let by any Union leader.

If there was a movement that was non aligned, something maybe called "Citizens Protest" I think many who are reluctant to be associated with Unions or "rent a crowd" might just join in. A peaceful protest, like Ukraine, we could wear pale green or some other significant colour (not red for anger or communism mind!)

There are many complaining that we are too submissive, however I think we are bloody angry, but are reluctant to be aligned with the current protest structure.

What do you think? Will the majority not bother no matter what?

olamp

I know there are marches etc. coming up, but they are being hijacked by Unions and others of the so called "establishment", who may never have to suffer what is coming down the tracks for the rest of us.

Given that there is so much anger out there, I think it needs an outlet. However, lots of people, myself included, would rather live on a tin of beans than follow a march let by any Union leader.

If there was a movement that was non aligned, something maybe called "Citizens Protest" I think many who are reluctant to be associated with Unions or "rent a crowd" might just join in. A peaceful protest, like Ukraine, we could wear pale green or some other significant colour (not red for anger or communism mind!)

There are many complaining that we are too submissive, however I think we are bloody angry, but are reluctant to be aligned with the current protest structure.

Who is organising the big march to the Dail on Dec.7th--anyone out there know?

Warren Poynt

What abut the December 7 th protest outside the Dail ?

Is this not a union-free event for ordinary, everyday concerned citizens of all ages ?

Super8

December 7th is supposed to be a day of protest. I don't who's organising it but I suppose people should just turn up outside the Kildare street entrance to the Dáil any time from lunchtime on and stay there.

asset test

What abut the December 7 th protest outside the Dail ?

Is this not a union-free event for ordinary, everyday concerned citizens of all ages ?
That must have passed my radar, googled it and just got a thread on here recently, which I missed. But I heard about the one on 27th Nov, not doing that one though for obvious reasons.

Super8

What would be the purpose of the march - just to show we are angry?
Why do certain people always ask what the point of a protest is as if it's some kind of ultra radical action? Are they the friends of the government, the quangos, the tribunal lawyers? The types who rely on apathy to get away with their dishonesty?

People have the right to protest and they have to show that they still have the self respect left to do so.

No more apathy, time for action!

arcadeparade

If you dont want communism, then what exactly are you protesting for? Less incompetence or cronyism? FG or Labour will give you that and wont change the current system.

asset test

If you dont want communism, then what exactly are you protesting for? Less incompetence or cronyism? FG or Labour will give you that and wont change the current system.
Red ribbons etc. representing communism would just attract more "usual suspects" that would turn people off I guess :D

controller

I know there are marches etc. coming up, but they are being hijacked by Unions and others of the so called "establishment", who may never have to suffer ..............
I fully agree with everything that was in this post

Expose the lot of them

According to Clown speaking from the wilds of the north west, there will be a cabinet meeting tomorrow. Anyone any idea what time and where it is taking place? Will they go to Farmleigh again as government buildings have been taken by the IMF? Of course they may decide to hold it in Donegal as that is where they all seem to be.

This would be an opportunity for the start of protests by the citizens.

arcadeparade

Red ribbons etc. representing communism would just attract more "usual suspects" that would turn people off I guess :D
The 'usual suspects' are people too you know. It's sad that when people try to take about an actual alternative rather than simply trying to rearrange our sludge of a society they aren't people anymore, instead they become unpeople, 'far-left', radicals, the loony left, militants etc.

If you people are going to protest without really wanting to change anything then whats the point? The consequences of getting FF out, not that I can call that a bad thing, will just be a FG/Labour coalition, not exactly the answer to this countries problems.

europeasone

Why do certain people always ask what the point of a protest is as if it's some kind of ultra radical action? Are they the friends of the government, the quangos, the tribunal lawyers? The types who rely on apathy to get away with their dishonesty?

People have the right to protest and they have to show that they still have the self respect left to do so.

Well said. I second your post: TIME FOR ACTION

BlackLion

I said it before and I'll say it again. Unions will become Ireland's version of the Praetorian Guard. They'll hijack the protests and get the government out and they will use the new government and it's people to line their own pockets. these unions are every bit as dangerous as the government we have now. If you see these unions when you protest on what ever day your going to protest, toss eggs at theses guys just as much as the TD's

TEEU backs civil unrest campaign - The Irish Times - Sat, Nov 20, 2010

Hogwash

Well, this "certain person" is no friend of the government, the quangos, or the tribunal lawyers. I'm not apathetic or dishonest either. Talk about a stupid sweeping generalisation.

Actually the question I was asking is what is the march for - just to say we are angry is pointless. Where will that get us?

If the purpose was to ask this government to resign, I'd be all for it. If it was to protest against taking another huge loan from the IMF to give to the busted banks, I'd be all for it. If it was to protest against the authorities who still have not prosecuted one single person for their part in bringing this country down, I'd be all for it. It needs to be for something not just an aimless march of people saying nothing in particular.

LeDroit

The 'usual suspects' are people too you know. It's sad that when people try to take about an actual alternative rather than simply trying to rearrange our sludge of a society they aren't people anymore, instead they become unpeople, 'far-left', radicals, the loony left, militants etc.

If you people are going to protest without really wanting to change anything then whats the point? The consequences of getting FF out, not that I can call that a bad thing, will just be a FG/Labour coalition, not exactly the answer to this countries problems.
I fully support the OP. I'm rabidly anti union and so I could not support that vested interest group's hypocrisy. Were they party to the benchmarking debacle? Uh huh.

I'd go on a Green Revolution march.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies