We need to be more productive as a nation

darkhorse

Okay, I don't think that poster is active on the site anymore. I just saw a video that has some good points to make and thought to park it in a thread with a relevant title.
OK
So are you that same poster?
And if not, what is your point?

caledhel

OK
So are you that same poster?
And if not, what is your point?
No, I'm not the same poster. I thought it might serve the common good to share an interesting video. The points are made in it.

It maps a path for continuous learning, and thus increased productivity, within an organisation. Productivity here isn't necessarily a sort of Taylorism, which most people might think, but an increase in capability and creativity.

Workplaces can be frustrating environments often because there's a sense of stagnation and insecurity. The video describes a way to encourage growth in people's work. Have a look at it sure and let me know what you think.

I've always chosen to progress through growth in the business rather than in the displacement of colleagues and this is the way to get that growth happening.

darkhorse

No, I'm not the same poster. I thought it might serve the common good to share an interesting video. The points are made in it.

It maps a path for continuous learning, and thus increased productivity, within an organisation. Productivity here isn't necessarily a sort of Taylorism, which most people might think, but an increase in capability and creativity.

Workplaces can be frustrating environments often because there's a sense of stagnation and insecurity. The video describes a way to encourage growth in people's work. Have a look at it sure and let me know what you think.

I've always chosen to progress through growth in the business rather than in the displacement of colleagues and this is the way to get that growth happening.

You sound like a wonderful person
Keep it up

caledhel

You sound like a wonderful person
Keep it up
Thanks, I appreciate that. There's more to it though. If an environment is hostile then a team can't develop properly and without a team you can't achieve big things. A business culture where displacement is the dominant career strategy isn't just painful to work in, it also indicates an unsustainable business model with a declining trajectory. It degrades talent, integrity, application and responsiveness. I want to win and this isn't how you do that.

darkhorse

Thanks, I appreciate that. There's more to it though. If an environment is hostile then a team can't develop properly and without a team you can't achieve big things. A business culture where displacement is the dominant career strategy isn't just painful to work in, it also indicates an unsustainable business model with a declining trajectory. It degrades talent, integrity, application and responsiveness. I want to win and this isn't how you do that.
Happy dayz
Good luck with all that

storybud1

Start your own business and very quickly the same stuff happens, it is infuriating, the team player sh1t simply does not happen. The structure is fine for kids that believe the propaganda but then as they get older they realise some of the people in charge like Tim Cook (US job slasher) / Richard Branson (West Indie living Bam suck up) are basically bullsh1tters that have never invented anything or come up with any new idea in their lives.

James Dyson has seen the light and has agreed to move 3,000 jobs back to Britain and that is good news for everyone there, he actually had the brains to invent and then make the money and put something back, I know it is off topic but we need a little Patriotism also, we will never be a manufacturing powerhouse unless we can sell something no-one else can make, for that we need talent and patriots.

caledhel

Start your own business and very quickly the same stuff happens, it is infuriating, the team player sh1t simply does not happen. The structure is fine for kids that believe the propaganda but then as they get older they realise some of the people in charge like Tim Cook (US job slasher) / Richard Branson (West Indie living Bam suck up) are basically bullsh1tters that have never invented anything or come up with any new idea in their lives.

James Dyson has seen the light and has agreed to move 3,000 jobs back to Britain and that is good news for everyone there, he actually had the brains to invent and then make the money and put something back, I know it is off topic but we need a little Patriotism also, we will never be a manufacturing powerhouse unless we can sell something no-one else can make, for that we need talent and patriots.
There is a way of doing it. It's like a Higgs field - impossible to detect but it's indispensable. Most people just don't know how to create it but they do recognise when it's present. When it's there incredible success is possible.

Unhappy people expend all their efforts in trying to make everyone else unhappy too. A fact of life that most people think is inescapable. I don't though and I'm not being naive. I just like doing good work, begrudgers be damned.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Judging that this thread has only generated 3 pages over nearly 8 years, a lot to do would be an understatement.............:rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies