We suck young blood

conservative green

At times I find Thom Yorke a scarily prophetic song-writer.

Take this, from 2003's Hail to The Thief album:

are you hungry?
are you sick?
are you begging for a break?

are you sweet?
are you fresh?
are you strung up by the wrists?

we want the young blood

are you fracturing?
are you torn at the seams?
would you do anything?
flea-bitten? motheaten?

we suck young blood
we suck young blood

won't let the creeping ivy
won't let the nervous bury me
our veins are thin
our rivers poisoned

we want the sweet meats
we want the young blood

Cael

The whole property bubble was based on the old and middle aged sucking the blood of the young.

TradCat

The whole property bubble was based on the old and middle aged sucking the blood of the young.
In many cases the old took out second mortages or blew their savings to try to help the young buy a house. Unfortunately all it did was help inflate the bubble. But most old people had no more power over what was happening than the young had.

Cael

In many cases the old took out second mortages or blew their savings to try to help the young buy a house. Unfortunately all it did was help inflate the bubble. But most old people had no more power over what was happening than the young had.
Yes, thats certainly true. They did that for family members. But, thats not what we're talking about. We're talking about silly old creeps who wanted to be young forever and were living a lifestyle that they could never have afforded except by throwing the yoke of rent around young people's necks.

conservative green

Very possibly, a chara, but I was thinking more of the recent student protests in London and the calvary charge on teenagers which London's finest denied ever happened in spite of the video evidence. When I see that fat complacent face of the chinless wonder Cameron, whose family wealth is enough to make a reasonable dent on the exchequer's debts, instead opt to screw the young, I want to hit him a slap.

The establishment doesn't like young people and/or is threatened by the prospect of young people becoming educated. Dull, compliant, servile sheep - that's what they want. Big Brother watching cannon fodder for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or whatever war they invent next. I honestly believe there is an organised plan to under-educate young people so that they are more malleable to the dictates of the neo-liberal elite.

Meanwhile, on this benighted isle, middle aged b.astards have (more or less literally) sold our children into slavery to repay the debts of private banks to other private banks.

It's time to get angry.

bokuden

Very possibly, a chara, but I was thinking more of the recent student protests in London and the calvary charge on teenagers which London's finest denied ever happened in spite of the video evidence. When I see that fat complacent face of the chinless wonder Cameron, whose family wealth is enough to make a reasonable dent on the exchequer's debts, instead opt to screw the young, I want to hit him a slap.

The establishment doesn't like young people and/or is threatened by the prospect of young people becoming educated. Dull, compliant, servile sheep - that's what they want. Big Brother watching cannon fodder for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or whatever war they invent next. I honestly believe there is an organised plan to under-educate young people so that they are more malleable to the dictates of the neo-liberal elite.

Meanwhile, on this benighted isle, middle aged b.astards have (more or less literally) sold our children into slavery to repay the debts of private banks to other private banks.

It's time to get angry.
They don't want people educated. They want them "trained".

Cael

It's time to get angry.
Yes indeed, the youth of Ireland have been sold into slavery by a worthless generation who produced absolutely nothing of value - indeed, did their best to destroy what was best about Ireland.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies