We were never meant to know how much our President spent mourning a dead Pope

The Field Marshal

That is rubbish.

Why the big focus on just the Pope's funeral I wonder ?

Why leak this one, and not the other events / functions she has attended abroad ?

?
[/QUOTE]

Its obvious that the Irish president is being deliberately embarrassed by a miffed civil servant who have/has taken umbrage at her recent mild and veiled criticisms of prima donna behaviour in the work place.

Dont you know that the highly expensive ,highly paid and innefficient mandarin public servant class are not to be criticized by anybody.?

Anybody who dares will be punished.

TommyO'Brien

In my view it is perfectly correct for the President and a delegation to attend the funeral of a pope.

Such meetings also have a secondary use - they offer a chance for bilaterals between government figures.

The cost of the visit would not be decided by the President. It would all be arranged by the Government, so if there is an issue with the costs the responsibility belongs with the government as they made the decisions and picked the hotels.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
In my view it is perfectly correct for the President and a delegation to attend the funeral of a pope.

Such meetings also have a secondary use - they offer a chance for bilaterals between government figures.

The cost of the visit would not be decided by the President. It would all be arranged by the Government, so if there is an issue with the costs the responsibility belongs with the government as they made the decisions and picked the hotels.
Couldn't agree more. Non-issue.

I think the president's expenses should be public though.

Q-Tours

Some day I'm sure you'll back that up with facts:rolleyes:
As you wish!

Diplomatic immunity: Examiner: Papal Nuncio Claims Diplomatic Immunity in Fr Fortune Sex Case

Sovereign immunity: Pope has immunity in abuse trials: Vatican
Voting the wrong way is a sin: "A vote for Parnellism is vote for adultery!" and so on ad nauseam, taking in Divorce in the Free State, the Mother and Child debacle, right through the divorce and abortion referenda of the 80s and 90s. Were you not on this planet until recently?

Hospital ethics: How about the time that the Mater had to stop testing a cancer drug because it required the subjects to use contraception?

Wealth: Be honest now, do you really think the lads at the top take that eye of the needle stuff seriously? The palaces, the investment funds, the cash remittances to the Vatican Bank? At least they got scorched when the bottom fell out of the market.

I doubt that any of this is really news to you, and these could be dug up in just a couple of minutes. Other examples abound, as you are probably aware. But it's good of you to give me an opportunity to point out the ridiculousness of giving that multinational corporation the status of a state.

Radix

[Originally Posted by Radix
Sighing is catching.

Could you ever grow up sighing one.

Is there nothing 'holy' to you anymore, is there nothing that you cannot argue about?

If those global leaders, including our own, by virtue of even one day's extra stay in the holy city managed to further recalibrate their moral compasses in the days around the funeral of a holy man, surely any amount of money would be worth it.

Everytime I read you on this topic I get a greater insight into the meaning of the expression, "he who lies down with dogs, gets up with fleas"; I'm getting itchy now!

You're a good example of the problems that need to be fixed in this country, and I say that with as much itch free charity as I can muster.

QUOTE=vanla sighs;3055157]God, that's pathetic, lol. You think that being in a 5* hotel in Rome "recalibrated" Bertie or Marys or Endas moral compasses, lol. Grow up. As for a "holy" man, depends on your interpretation of holy. Maybe "reactionary" would be a better word.

I'm the a good example of a problem in this country? Course I am, course I am, I mean we don't want people asking questions or criticising do we? Never mind a lack of transparency, responsibility and accountability...dear god no....forget about that, I'm one of the "problems", lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the love oh sighing one.

Except I suspect from your reply to the above, that you haven't the faintest clue, what the word 'love' means.

Luigi Vampa

Its obvious that the Irish president is being deliberately embarrassed by a miffed civil servant who have/has taken umbrage at her recent mild and veiled criticisms of prima donna behaviour in the work place.

Dont you know that the highly expensive ,highly paid and innefficient mandarin public servant class are not to be criticized by anybody.?

Anybody who dares will be punished.

Funny we never heard Mary say a word about FF Anglo and SCAMA ?

The Field Marshal

As you wish!

Diplomatic immunity: Examiner: Papal Nuncio Claims Diplomatic Immunity in Fr Fortune Sex Case

Sovereign immunity: Pope has immunity in abuse trials: Vatican
Voting the wrong way is a sin: "A vote for Parnellism is vote for adultery!" and so on ad nauseam, taking in Divorce in the Free State, the Mother and Child debacle, right through the divorce and abortion referenda of the 80s and 90s. Were you not on this planet until recently?

Hospital ethics: How about the time that the Mater had to stop testing a cancer drug because it required the subjects to use contraception?

Wealth: Be honest now, do you really think the lads at the top take that eye of the needle stuff seriously? The palaces, the investment funds, the cash remittances to the Vatican Bank? At least they got scorched when the bottom fell out of the market.

I doubt that any of this is really news to you, and these could be dug up in just a couple of minutes. Other examples abound, as you are probably aware. But it's good of you to give me an opportunity to point out the ridiculousness of giving that multinational corporation the status of a state.
Off topic ranting.
Yawn

The Field Marshal

Funny we never heard Mary say a word about FF Anglo and SCAMA ?
FF,Anglo & NAMA are all off topic and not relevant.

The issue is the integrity of the public service has been further eroded by a breach of faith concerning the confidentiality of the Irish presidents foreign trips etc.

This serious breach of faith by a public servant comes immediately after a serving Irish president directed a mild & veiled criticism at that public service.

Is this now the level of trust the Irish taxpayer can have in its public servants?

Luigi Vampa

FF,Anglo & NAMA are all off topic and not relevant.

The issue is the integrity of the public service has been further eroded by a breach of faith concerning the confidentiality of the Irish presidents foreign trips etc.

This serious breach of faith by a public servant comes immediately after a serving Irish president directed a mild & veiled criticism at that public service.

Is this now the level of trust the Irish taxpayer can have in its public servants?
Is that the level of trust we can have in the Irish president when she chooses to selectively criticise the PS but stays silent about the mismanagement in the sectors that have plunged us into economic chaos ?

The Field Marshal

Is that the level of trust we can have in the Irish president when she chooses to selectively criticise the PS but stays silent about the mismanagement in the sectors that have plunged us into economic chaos ?
So now you reveal your true colours and by implication support the disclosure of confidential information to the media by public servants.

The Irish president,everybody and anybody in the state,all their private information will be disclosed should they dare criticize the public service.

This is what Luigi Vampa is attempting to justify:rolleyes:

Luigi Vampa

So now you reveal your true colours and by implication support the disclosure of confidential information to the media by public servants.

The Irish president,everybody and anybody in the state,all their private information will be disclosed should they dare criticize the public service.

This is what Luigi Vampa is attempting to justify:rolleyes:
True to form, when you've got nothing resort to the old ad hominem again.
FF Mary thinks it's ok to attack employees of the state with no right of reply, but stay silent about the banking corruption.

The Field Marshal

True to form, when you've got nothing resort to the old ad hominem again.
FF Mary thinks it's ok to attack employees of the state with no right of reply, but stay silent about the banking corruption.
So a mild remark that workers should not be mean and nasty to others at work is now an attack on state employees.

:evil: Luigi is out of touch.

He illustrates the vicious pride of the very worst sort of public servant who believes public servants as a body are entitled to constant deference and respect and that anybody who dares criticize them even mildly will be attacked.

The Irish public service has not covered itself in glory in recent years.
The health and educational services are still below par despite billions being pumped in

Many of these state employess will know what a real attack is when thousands of them are made redundant because they refused to co-operate in restructuring and refinancing the public service.

:evil:Luigis whinging and moaning about what the Irish president did not criticize along with his covert support for state treachery by public servants is enough to make anyone reach for the vomit bag.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Luigi Vampa

So a mild remark that workers should not be mean and nasty to others at work is now an attack on state employees.

:evil: Luigi is out of touch.

He illustrates the vicious pride of the very worst sort of public servant who believes public servants as a body are entitled to constant deference and respect and that anybody who dares criticize them even mildly will be attacked.

The Irish public service has not covered itself in glory in recent years.
The health and educational services are still below par despite billions being pumped in

Many of these state employess will know what a real attack is when thousands of them are made redundant because they refused to co-operate in restructuring and refinancing the public service.

:evil:Luigis whinging and moaning about what the Irish president did not criticize along with his covert support for state treachery by public servants is enough to make anyone reach for the vomit bag.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Firstly, I don’t work for the PS, but don’t let that prevent yourself from having another ad hominem heart attack.

Secondly, if a President is going to criticise only state employees, and not the economic treason of banks and the golden circle, then she has lost any claim to impartiality and respect.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies