• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

We will find out about Anglo tomorrow, what will happen with the other banks?

Simbo67

So tomorrow we will apparently hear about how much Anglo will cost the tax payer. Where does that leave all the other banks? I am abroad and I'd like to know what are the next steps for our other zombie banks. This is not an invitation to send out rumours, but I'd like to know what happens to our other banks, especially AIB and BoI.

Marcos the black

Well, just so you know, all the media are reporting the annocement as if it's going to be for all the banks, not just Anglo. They're assuring us all that this will bring "certainy" to the market.... Not factoring in AIB/BOI et al. Anglo only.

Simbo67

So FT is saying that the government will have to pump in 3 billion more into AIB (which means their private search for equity has failed), will they go further?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies