• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

We will Remember them....

Schomberg

It's that time of year again...hope you'll all support the Poppy Appeal for 2010.

*lets leave the usual nonsense aside, for one year!

White Horse

Indeed, we will remember them.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
When you go home tell them of us, and say,
For your tomorrows, we gave our today.

TheDystopian

I will wear my poppy with pride. We must and will remember those who died in the past so that we could have a future.

The poppy is not a symbol of any one nation, nor is it intended as an affront or an insult to anybody. It is a reminder for us to say no to the hatred of the past and the violence it caused.

We will remember them.

Baddaddy

Before the usual anti-british claptrap appears on this thread, I agree that they should be remembered, wearing a poppy is a personal choice.

We (Ireland) lost alot of men in the two wars, many in the First War were " shilling a day" soldiers, whose pay was sent to their famililes back in Ireland, to reduce the level of squalour that most were living in.

We should be proud of their contribution.

Clanrickard

I would urge people NOT to buy this flower as it is contributing money to a foreign army. Until I see the same West Brits who drone about this flower wearing an Easter Lilly and genuinely trying to be a force for reconciliation then I take this flower ad it's wearing to e sign of Southern Unionism.

disgruntledcitizen

I would urge people NOT to buy this flower as it is contributing money to a foreign army. Until I see the same West Brits who drone about this flower wearing an Easter Lilly and genuinely trying to be a force for reconciliation then I take this flower ad it's wearing to e sign of Southern Unionism.
and thus appears the first troll. the money is not contributed to any army, it is contributed to the legion only, and spend on supporting ex service men and women, further more all monies raised in Ireland are spent in ireland and not in the UK, of course none of that should have any bearing in silly ignorant trolling now should it ?

niropiro

The heroic sacrifice of a generation of patriotic Irishmen in the trenches of Western Europe made Irish freedom possible.

Baddaddy

I thought the money went to the British Legion.

Schomberg

We (Ireland) lost alot of men in the two wars, many in the First War were " shilling a day" soldiers, whose pay was sent to their famililes back in Ireland, to reduce the level of squalour that most were living in.
Well I don't agree with that, for the majority, but lets leave it. :)

I've been standing on street corners every year for the last 7 years raising money for the RBL in three different Irish cities and I have to say that the warmth you get from most people is great. You hear some wonderful stories from people who are happy to have someone to talk to about it. When you think of all those Irish born British graves, who have never seen a visitor...

The Legion are releasing a single for this years Poppy Appeal

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOI5ZPOU5c]YouTube - 2 Minute Silence[/ame]

Schomberg

I thought the money went to the British Legion.
Yep, it does. Just the the RNLI, all money raised in Ireland stays in Ireland.

Clanrickard

and thus appears the first troll. the money is not contributed to any army, it is contributed to the legion only, and spend on supporting ex service men and women, further more all monies raised in Ireland are spent in ireland and not in the UK, of course none of that should have any bearing in silly ignorant trolling now should it ?
Ex-British Army personnel. Correct? And further more sunshine this is a discussion forum so I am well within my rights not to wear this hideous plant and within my rights to urge others to do likewise.

ItsEvolution

Na I won’t bother I really don’t give a flute about dead soldiers the quicker we forget about world wars the better.

Schomberg

Ex-British Army personnel. Correct? And further more sunshine this is a discussion forum so I am well within my rights not to wear this hideous plant and within my rights to urge others to do likewise.
fine. you made your point. you won't wear a poppy. we get it. see you later.

MacCoise2

It's that time of year again...hope you'll all support the Poppy Appeal for 2010.

*lets leave the usual nonsense aside, for one year!
Not achance in hell but I do have a question: why dont the Brits look after their "heroes"? Surely they deserve more than have to rely on charity every year?

Schomberg

Not achance in hell but I do have a question: why dont the Brits look after their "heroes"? Surely they deserve more than have to rely on charity every year?
Of course they should. But they don't. Governments not acting in the interests of their people. What a shocker!

Clanrickard

fine. you made your point. you won't wear a poppy. we get it. see you later.
You started the thread snotty. If ex-British servicemen and women need help let the British government help them not hard pressed Irish citizens.

Arracht

Which organisation sells the white poppys to remember all the victims of war?