'We would need 1,000 officers to fully police fence at Shannon Airport'

Schuhart

Fascinating article. Reads like a brainfart.

Is the only way of patrolling a 9km perimeter to put a Garda in front of every 27 metre stretch on a 24 hour basis?

Or is this another example of excellence in Garda senior management. I love it when he says

"We work closely with the Muslim community. The whole idea is to reassure them of our support and tell them of the ways that we enforce the laws in this country."

Wtf does that mean, exactly?

'We would need 1,000 officers to fully police fence at Shannon Airport' - Independent.ie

yosef shompeter

May God help Ireland.
(no one else is going to doit)

:-(

Mick Mac

God forbid we ever invade a country because we will be told we need 5 billion soldiers to hold it.

benroe

So build another fence inside the first and plant mines between the two.

TheWolf

Fascinating article. Reads like a brainfart.

Is the only way of patrolling a 9km perimeter to put a Garda in front of every 27 metre stretch on a 24 hour basis?

Or is this another example of excellence in Garda senior management. I love it when he says

"We work closely with the Muslim community. The whole idea is to reassure them of our support and tell them of the ways that we enforce the laws in this country."

Wtf does that mean, exactly?

'We would need 1,000 officers to fully police fence at Shannon Airport' - Independent.ie
Leo can get the Yanks to police it in return for him facilitating their rendition flights etc.

publicrealm

Let's build a wall - make them pay for it. Also sharks - sharks would be good.

silverharp

scatter pigs heads and soap around the parameter , the soap will keep Claire and Wallace away

publicrealm

The minute you said it, it struck me as an obvious and sustainable solution.

Admittedly they have form attacking aircraft but there could be another inner security cordon?

eoghanacht

Use thos student types that hang around outside shopping centres that harangue people into signing up for donations to dogs trust, everyone avoids them like the plague.

D

Deleted member 48908

The minute you said it, it struck me as an obvious and sustainable solution.

Admittedly they have form attacking aircraft but there could be another inner security cordon?

RIP Adam. His surname reminds me of a story.

'orebel

amsterdemmetje

Why the hell would you you want to man every bit of the perimeter, cameras and motion sensors can do that along with patrols .Its the rapid response (such as what happened in London ) if a incursion happens that these Muppets should be concentrating on ,we truly are served by the most inept clowns as regards policing in this country.

New Threads

Most Replies