Weather Warnings for P.ie users?

Dare to Dream

Would it worthwhile having a thread on weather warnings for P.ie users?

Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service Online (current warning now in effect!)

and

Meteoalarm - Alerting Europe for extreme Weather

are two I use on a regular basis for checking weather reports and warnings. I happen to live in a flood prone area, such is my obsession with the weather!

Can any of the brainiacs here point me in the direction of another real time weather/doppler radar so that I don't have to chew my nails down to their last while waiting on met eireann updates?

Please and thank you

Sorry if it's been done but I can't find one

FakeViking

Is the link to politics.ie related to dodgy planning permission, and if so are the same councillors (DON'T NAME ANYONE) standing for re-election on the 5th June?

Ah Well

Ironically enough, just after opening this Thread there was a serious rattle of thunder close by with goddam heavy rain a coming down now ... Irish Summer me arse, more of the same as last year more likes.

No, I don't think there's a need for such Thread ppl can look at the Met Eireann Site if so inclined

Bobert

I'm currently in Donegal and the weather is lovely... What ye all *************************in' about? Bunch of *************************es...

Dare to Dream

Ironically enough, just after opening this Thread there was a serious rattle of thunder close by with goddam heavy rain a coming down now ... Irish Summer me arse, more of the same as last year more likes.

No, I don't think there's a need for such Thread ppl can look at the Met Eireann Site if so inclined
hey, the thunder was a sign I tells ya, a sign.....

Dare to Dream

I'm currently in Donegal and the weather is lovely... What ye all *************************in' about? Bunch of *************************es...
hey B, get back here, we need your brain for this thread!

Where's TA today. Need TA here too.

Trampas

In my opinion the best weather forecast is on the BBC News Channel where they show the movement of rain clouds hour by hour......important for the golfers among us, maybe even the farmers too for all I know. All of Ireland is shown even though the weather presenters continue to pretend we don't exist.

Dare to Dream

well I just thought it might be a useful tool for ppl who are members of P.ie and live all over Ireland/Europe.

Besides, the poor candidates and canvassers out there right now could use the help too!

Dare to Dream

In my opinion the best weather forecast is on the BBC News Channel where they show the movement of rain clouds hour by hour......important for the golfers among us, maybe even the farmers too for all I know. All of Ireland is shown even though the weather presenters continue to pretend we don't exist.
you see T, that's what bugs me. The updates take far too long. Surely there's a better way once you know what you're looking at/for

Bobert

hey B, get back here, we need your brain for this thread!

Where's TA today. Need TA here too.

Meh, I'll be back in Galway in about an hour. As for him, he's in the far south of the country.

Dare to Dream

just wait until later B - it won't be so nice then...! Not as bad as the north east but not as pleasant as now.

Hope you're only there for the day so.

FakeViking

well I just thought it might be a useful tool for ppl who are members of P.ie and live all over Ireland/Europe.

Besides, the poor candidates and canvassers out there right now could use the help too!
Us dog-walkers don't believe in bad weather, only unsuitable clothing!

(My dog doesn't share the belief)

Ah Well

The Rainfall Radar on the Met Eireann Site is very useful (particularly the animated version) for seeing rainfall over past hours up to recently

Rainfall Radar - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service Online

(As ya can see Munster looks horrendous (and it is in a rain sense at the mo) and Donegal is clear of rain - so Bobert IS telling the truth - he's there all right! ;))

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies