• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Weekend austerity march

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Uo tp 10,000 expected at weekend anti-austerity measures march - National News - Independent.ie

Up to 10,000 people are expected to take to the streets of Dublin in a weekend protest march against Government austerity measures. have the unions been planning this for a long time or what? And why is all the copy in bold? very ominous. There will be anger on show that day mmw.

Campaign Against Household and Water Taxes - said the march would be a message to the Government that it was not elected to impoverish the people. "Nor are they there to promote the policies of austerity across Europe by being the example of the poor peasant who would prefer to starve rather than refuse to pay the rent as we may have said in the previous century," said Mr McKearney.

curiousorange

I look forward to the trades unions now rejecting the Croke Park deal, which new taxes (and massive borrowing) are funding.

BlackLion

I was planning to go until i heard the fringe parties will be trying to lead it.

southwestkerry

Sadly I can not see it doing much to worry the Gov.
All I do see is a few jumped up politicians from across the benches and out in the cold using it to show case themselves. Not to mention all the photo ops.

asset test

This is great.

I and thousands of others will not join a rent a crowd Union gig.

MacO'velli

But loike, Oirelund or playing, loike, the Orgies on sotterday in the aviva? Did noobody think of that?

SPN

Up to 10,000 people are expected to take to the streets of Dublin in a weekend protest march against Government austerity measures.
What Government austerity measures?

They are still overspending by €50 million a day five years after the lending bubble ended.

That's not austerity.

Analyzer

But loike, Oirelund or playing, loike, the Orgies on sotterday in the aviva? Did noobody think of that?
Yaw....loike this has mayjorr emborrassment ritten all ohver it....I mean what will the Orgies think of us ?

They moight even think were a banana republic with all the skangers from the Northsoide and busloads of boggers arriving to moan about awwsterrity.

Why can't they go and get a job in the old man's company loike, or do the cleaning ?

asset test

I am happy to see 100 or so there.

We need a pots and pans revolt like Iceland.

But we don't do protest do we?

hmmm

There will be anger on show that day mmw.[/I]
There will absolutely be anger when the people of Ireland see union leaders on 150k a year, plus their pampered members, marching in support of massively increasing taxes on the private sector. Which is what the "anti austerity" crowd are really after.

JCR

I'm really looking forward to hearing all the well put together proposals to end 'austerity' in Ireland. Should be a clear message and lesson in governance and economics for us all. I hope people talk about the Germans a bit too, I enjoy that.

PlanetBertie

I'm marching in support off Sean Quinn and Sean Fitzpatrick, real heroes who are the victims and biggest losers in this austerity led recession.

MacO'velli

Yaw....loike this has mayjorr emborrassment ritten all ohver it....I mean what will the Orgies think of us ?

They moight even think were a banana republic with all the skangers from the Northsoide and busloads of boggers arriving to moan about awwsterrity.

Why can't they go and get a job in the old man's company loike, or do the cleaning ?
Yah!! Totes amazeballs man, Anyhoo see you in Kielys or the M1 for points of Heino afts? Sopie and Sorcha and some of the foxrock fannyettes are going, I so know at least four of them want to shag the orse of me......................

culmore

I will not attend untill all the top Trade Union Officials take a cut in their big salaries and expenses and cut the sub paid by members who have all taken a pay cut.

milestogo

The ULA are laying on buses trying to hijack the CAWHT campaigners into their "anti austerity" campaign.

Popular Threads

Most Replies