Weekend of Weather Hell Predicted

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
In fact it's all coasts. They're worried about the east coast because that's where Dublin is.

Listening to the RTE weather forecast, it's more like it's for a local Dublin station.
"It will be dry in the morning but rain will spread from the west in the afternoon"
Means it will be lashing rain all morning if you happen to live in the west.

eoghanacht

RTE like Leinster house is Dublincentric. Don't you know it's only savages and amadáns that live outside the Pale

locke

The weather map makes it look like the South Coast might escape the worst of it. I hope I don't regret saying that.

As things stand, it looks like Inniscarra can take a bit of rain, but if it does flood down here, all the "temporary" repairs they did to the quay walls after last year's flood will give way.

Ah Well

Here we go .... the clowns have not repaired the Quay Wall in Cork after the deluge last November when the City Centre was submerged

Let's see how this one pans out

If it floods again then each and every one of the muppets responsible for this incompetence should be hounded out from Gormley down to the bottom .....

wee slabber

Feck it - a few bottles of wine and a big fire. Turn off the radio and blast out some music, while reading a good book. Oops - shouldn't have said that, they'll be looking for a way to tax that!

Glucose

The report says that it will affect both the West and East coasts.

It is very concerning that the bad weather coincides with high tides.

Ah Well

The weather map makes it look like the South Coast might escape the worst of it. I hope I don't regret saying that.
I hope you're right Locke ... the water level at Inniscarra has risen somewhat in the past week or so ... there is some scope for containment tho ....

The Quay Wall scenario is unforgivable ... it's a disaster waiting to happen and Murphy's Law springs to mind. They have had 12 MONTHS to sort it so absolutely no excuses should be tolerated or accepted

DCon

Here we go .... the clowns have not repaired the Quay Wall in Cork after the deluge last November when the City Centre was submerged

Let's see how this one pans out

If it floods again then each and every one of the muppets responsible for this incompetence should be hounded out from Gormley down to the bottom .....
but but but

Temporary defences against rising waters are being erected.
Grand so.

Super8

RTE like Leinster house is Dublincentric. Don't you know it's only savages and amadáns that live outside the Pale
I'm from Dublin and I tend to agree that RTE is far too Dublin focused. All those south county Dublin accents and nepotism! I hate it too and want to see more broadcasting and programs being made in other studios around the country. Luckily for me, my parents gave me a strong sense of all of my country and we always stayed in Ireland for holidays and I spent a lot of time in Connemara as a teenager. But at the same time, don't be fooled by some TDs who like to play the "Feckers in Dublin" card while at the same time they're actually screwing their own neighbours by taking massive pensions and benefits.

As for the mention of Dublin in the weather, in fairness though they did say Galway and Dublin because of the low lying parts of both cities. I'd assume the same applies to Cork. The main flood threat seems to be high tides as opposed to rain. I wonder will it be like Hurricane Charlie in '86. That was wild.

Vega1447

V strong S-SE winds forecast Dublin Sunday night

SE winds are (on E coast) onshore winds so concerns are justified..

Glucose

Just heard on radio that Galway City Council are extremely concerned about the high tide and the 100km/hr winds at the same time,

Spanish Arch,Spanish Parade,Quay Street and Flood Street are particularly vulnerable.

Hopefully, it will be okay. Country can't afford the cost of further flood damage.

stripey cat

Feck it - a few bottles of wine and a big fire. Turn off the radio and blast out some music, while reading a good book. Oops - shouldn't have said that, they'll be looking for a way to tax that!
You already pay tax on the music, the wine and, oddly enough, the book.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies