Welcome to Marie Stopes

Ulpian

We finally know why the UK Care Quality Commission in August forced Marie Stopes to suspend all terminations involving general anaesthetic and sedation, and all involving under 18s.

From The Times (behind paywall)

Britain’s biggest abortion provider put women at risk with falsified safety checks and lax staff training, an inspectors’ report has concluded.

Marie Stopes doctors “bulk-signed” up to 60 abortion consent forms without proper assessment of patients, while inspectors saw a woman with learning disabilities go through with an abortion despite being unable to understand what was happening.

The Care Quality Commission criticised the “ineffective” leadership of a charity that carries out 70,000 abortions a year, mostly for the NHS. Checks on doctors’ and nurses’ competence was “ad hoc” and staff lacked the skills to deal with emergencies.
From The Daily Telegraph
Watchdogs release damning reports on Marie Stopes abortion clinics 

Staff at Britain’s biggest abortion provider tried to give a vulnerable woman a termination even though she did not understand what was going on, a damning report has found.

Inspectors were forced to intervene as the patient with learning disabilities became distressed, amid a catalogue of failings uncovered at Marie Stopes clinics across the country.

Watchdogs described horrific scenes which left patients at risk of infection, with foetal tissue from a succession of terminations left in open waste bins, in one clinic.

And they said the abortion provider - which sees 70,000 women a year - was failing to ensure rules on consent were followed.
Marie Stopes is Britain's second biggest abortion provider. It operates in a country where abortion is available in practice on demand until the fetus is 24 weeks of development. (This is what a 24 week fetus looks like: Your pregnancy: 24 weeks | BabyCenter) It operates in a country where 98% of abortions are paid for by the taxpayer.

This is what those campaigning for repeal of the 8th Amendment want for Ireland. This is what the Labour Party campaigned for at the last general election.

The full report can be viewed here: http://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-102643434

Perhaps the most damning comment in the report is the following:

Staff had no training in respect of female genital mutilation or child sexual exploitation, putting these patients at risk of further abuse.
Numerous prosecutions of those involved in child sex abuse rings in Britain have heard evidence that 13, 14 and 15 year old girls being abused and who became pregnant underwent abortions arranged by the perpetrators without the knowledge of the girls' families. After the abortions the abuse continued. This is just one example:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526896/Revealed-Catalogue-police-failures-let-Rochdale-sex-grooming-gangs-flourish-claims-damning-police-report.html

Last edited:

fat finger

The Daily Mail reported that Planned Parenthood International (PP), which received $32 million in aid for poverty during 2013 from Great Britain alone, paid director Carmen Barroso a salary of $427,000 last year. The abortion conglomerate also has at least 14 staff members each making more than $124,000 a year.

International abortion organization Marie Stopes rewarded CEO Simon Cooke with $210,000 last year and gave him a Christmas bonus of $312,000. In just two years, Cooke has received $1.24 million in compensation. Marie Stopes, which annually receives nearly $58 million in "charitable aid" just from England, was investigated earlier this year by the Care Quality Commission for illegal and unsafe practices that endanger the lives of women, including lying to clients.

The U.S.-based International Rescue Committee (IRC), which exists to "ensure" that women and girls receive abortions, paid its president, David Miliband, $657,000. Meanwhile, he is pleading for donations because a shortage of cash threatens the organization's ability to deliver "lifesaving assistance" in Syria and central Africa.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/investigation-uncovers-abortion-providers-paying-huge-salaries-to-executive

Half Nelson

So, an organistaion that butchers babies for money has low standards of humanity.

Who wudda thunk it?

Ulpian

The head of marketing for Marie Stopes, Vix Proctor, lives a couple of streets away from me here in London. Marie Stopes describe her as responsible for ensuring "accurate information is accessible to women and men".

What are her qualifications? Perhaps a qualified doctor or nurse or counsellor. No, a 2.2. BA(hons) in Fashion Marketing & Communications from Nottingham Trent University. If this doesn't tell you what Marie Stopes represents then nothing will.

stopdoingstuff

So, an organistaion that butchers babies for money has low standards of humanity.

Who wudda thunk it?
Imagine it was your job to kill human beings. I would imagine that abortion doctors are close to psychotic.

JCR

Imagine it was your job to kill human beings. I would imagine that abortion doctors are close to psychotic.
I once saw a very off putting looking individual at a social event in London. Stood out by a mile. I asked who he was. Turns out he was a "doctor" at Stopes. He had a demeanour of a man getting into character for Schindler's List.

Boy M5

Pretty shocking. Perhaps not surprising.
I disagree with abortion.
I also disagree with the zealots who hijacked our constitution on the 8th amendment.

Unfortunately like the UK and US groups who aided and abbetted the hijacking of our constitution then, so it will be next year.

So Unilever, Marie Stopes (who seem from the above like middle class marxists - end justifies the means), SPUC, etc. leave us alone and fight in some one elses sandpit.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The hysterics are amazing to watch. Looks like the regulators stepped in quite properly to me.

As for the reported sighting of vampires at social events and the stories of a spooky house in the neighbourhood and so on well that can be pretty much put down to dislike stemming from mysticism.

I'm quite enchanted by the mixture of a report saying regulators stepped in at Marie Stopes with the cases of grooming and abortions arranged by sexual predator gangs and then the interesting conclusion arrived at that 'this is what people want for Ireland'.

Everything short of the kitchen sink thrown in together on this one.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I once saw a very off putting looking individual at a social event in London. Stood out by a mile. I asked who he was. Turns out he was a "doctor" at Stopes. He had a demeanour of a man getting into character for Schindler's List.
Did you get close enough to see the numbers tattooed on the back of his neck? Did he wait for a taxi like everyone else or just open a window, turn himself into a bat and depart silhouetted against the fat summer full moon?

Boy M5

Did you get close enough to see the numbers tattooed on the back of his neck? Did he wait for a taxi like everyone else or just open a window, turn himself into a bat and depart silhouetted against the fat summer full moon?
Come on.
He's trendy. He took an uber (now what exactly are the working conditions for Uber drivers? )

GDPR

Low standards in very low places from people with no apparent respect for human life at all, just throw it in the bin.

Is there some element of surprise here I'm not seeing?

Hunter-Gatherer

oh great. Another debate on abortion. With angry nutters on both sides. Boooooring

Lúidín

The anti-abortion brigade get their jollification by trumping each other with horror stories. This has nothing to do with the debate that will be going forward in Ireland in the new year.

The head of marketing for Marie Stopes, Vix Proctor, lives a couple of streets away from me here in London. Marie Stopes describe her as responsible for ensuring "accurate information is accessible to women and men".

What are her qualifications? Perhaps a qualified doctor or nurse or counsellor. No, a 2.2. BA(hons) in Fashion Marketing & Communications from Nottingham Trent University. If this doesn't tell you what Marie Stopes represents then nothing will.
The head of Marketing has an honours degree in, err, marketing? How shocking.

PBP voter

Marie Stopes herself was a racist lunatic.

She hated the Irish and considered us sub-human.

However even she didnt agree with abortion.

Stopes was strongly against the termination of a pregnancy; during her lifetime her clinics did not offer abortions. Stopes thought birth control was the only means families should use to limit their number of offspring. Nurses at Stopes' clinic had to sign a declaration not to "impart any information or lend any assistance whatsoever to any person calculated to lead to the destruction in utero of the products of conception".[54] When Stopes learned that one of Avro Manhattan's friends had had an abortion, Stopes accused him of "murdering" the unborn child.[55]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Stopes#Views_on_abortion

D

Deleted member 17573

And this is what our resident abortion advocates mean when they say that abortion is a matter that should be left between a woman and her doctor:

"Marie Stopes doctors “bulk-signed” up to 60 abortion consent forms without proper assessment of patients, while inspectors saw a woman with learning disabilities go through with an abortion despite being unable to understand what was happening."

flavirostris

Abortions seem to be all the rage with the in crowd , to have one out of necessity is so passe , it seems these days you need to get one to keep street cred among the Ultra PC cool gang.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/lena-dunham-i-still-havent-had-an-abortion-but-i-wish-i-had-195115943.html

Lena Dunham says she 'wishes' she had an abortion | Daily Mail Online
Didn't Lena Dunham tweet recently that she wished she had had an abortion, just because it would give her extra PC cachet.

What a total muppet. With friends like that, no wonder Hillary blew the election.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies