Welfare not to be cut in Budget - Dan Boyle

Dan Boyle has just stated on Twitter that he is not expecting cuts in Welfare in this Budget, but they are expecting cuts to Qualifying criteria and secondary benefits.

They will not agree to rate cuts.

Dan Boyle (sendboyle) on Twitter

DCon

Dan has no power, and the Greens have little influence.

I would not take this at face value

johnfás

To Jobseeker's Allowance and Job Seeker's Benefit in particular I wonder, or to all Welfare payments.

HarshBuzz

has Dan's iPhone not been surgically rammed up his posterior yet?

now might be a good time

Oldira1

If Public Sector Pay cannot be cut and Social welfare cannot be cut what does that leave? Close schools,hospitals and increase taxes by 2 billion?

The old age pension has to be cut. Targeting the middle class who are barely afloat while letting a sector off that in most case's are doing fine.The property crash or job losses has limited effect on the pension population.

Not a popular thing to say in my party but truth hurts.

grainne whale

If Public Sector Pay cannot be cut and Social welfare cannot be cut what does that leave? Close schools,hospitals and increase taxes by 2 billion?

The old age pension has to be cut. Targeting the middle class who are barely afloat while letting a sector off that in most case's are doing fine.The property crash or job losses has limited effect on the pension population.

Not a popular thing to say in my party but truth hurts.
Both bands of income tax up 5c.

nonpartyboy

How can you bring the low paid into the tax net if you don't reduce welfare at the same time, these people are left cowards.

It appears the Greens are raising the cost of Welfare to cover their Carbon Tax.

LOL

Fuel allowence is being increased to cover the effect of a carbon tax. There is no additional cost.

Ethan Edwards

Come the Budget the Green Party will do what they are told by FF, and if this includes drastic cuts to Social Welfare payments then they will justify it to themselves, political lightweights.

libertarian-right

Both bands of income tax up 5c.
And income tax returns were down by 4% at €4.2bn, leaving a gap of over 10% year on year.

Read more: Exchequer figures show tax take for first quarter fell €266m short | Irish Examiner
We added in the levys, they were doubled and yet our income tax returns are DOWN. It's blood from a stone. We could possibly get another 2 billion from taxes but you come to a point where your adding more debt onto our banks in terms of mortgage arrears and depressed spending. To me, it's looking like we are slowly realising that this cannot be done.

Newsy

Dan Boyle has just stated on Twitter that he is not expecting cuts in Welfare in this Budget, but they are expecting cuts to Qualifying criteria and secondary benefits.

They will not agree to rate cuts.

Dan Boyle (sendboyle) on Twitter
dan boyle is a coward.......if he has something of importance to say.....face the camera......not tweet behind the scenes.

BE A MAN......NOT A mouse!!!!

True Ireland said

So if Fianna Fail demand cuts, will the Greens walk away from government or come up with excuses?

Dan Boyle @trueireland

I'm not expecting a demand for rate cuts, but the budget will need to be trimmed some way.

DCon

It appears the Greens are raising the cost of Welfare to cover their Carbon Tax.

LOL
So welfare will be left the same but the Greens will claim a victory as the cut that would have been made has been taken out to cover the carbon tax..

Camper Van

How can you bring the low paid into the tax net if you don't reduce welfare at the same time, these people are left cowards.
Indeed-its utter stupidity. why bother your arse looking for a job when you can do better on benefits. The basic SW payment needs to be cut in half. These people are half wits and they are ruining the country.

I guess they dont want pee of 450,000 people with lots of time on their hands who can easily march on the Dail.

however those in Jobs cant afford to take time off for a march or demonstration.

eoghanacht

Did he not say on VB last night that there would be cuts to SW as apart of overall cut backs, infact actually he did, i clearly remember VB tackling him on the issue.

eoghanacht

Indeed-its utter stupidity. why bother your arse looking for a job when you can do better on benefits. The basic SW payment needs to be cut in half. These people are half wits and they are ruining the country.
Indeed, sher i'm turning down jobs left right and centre. Like the rest of the 400,000 scroungers on the dole.

goosebump

dan boyle is a coward.......if he has something of importance to say.....face the camera......not tweet behind the scenes.

BE A MAN......NOT A mouse!!!!
He said the same thing on Morning Ireland this morning.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies