Well done NI's Boxers!

Green eyed monster

Congratulations to them on their success!

There are a lot of major Boxing powers not taking part (such as China, Russia and Cuba) but it still a fine achievement.

caulfield

Well done to all the boxers involved!

However, I couldn't help think how confusing it all was. The gold medal winners (presumably all of nationalist background...) got awarded their medals whilst a defunct flag was raised to an unofficial national anthem (with 2 different names!) The crowd were all in green and there was somebody in an Irish rugby jersey and somebody in a republic football shirt. They were waving a flag with shamrocks on it. Last night ,of course, Northern Ireland football team had a different anthem. Let's not even mention rugby...

How on earth would you start trying to explain this all to an outsider?

Follyborn

Could have been a lot worse (confusing)
Just imagine if Barry Mc Guigan had been singing martins Londonderry air.

Ó Ghabhainn

Well done to all the boxers involved!

However, I couldn't help think how confusing it all was. The gold medal winners (presumably all of nationalist background...) got awarded their medals whilst a defunct flag was raised to an unofficial national anthem (with 2 different names!) The crowd were all in green and there was somebody in an Irish rugby jersey and somebody in a republic football shirt. They were waving a flag with shamrocks on it. Last night ,of course, Northern Ireland football team had a different anthem. Let's not even mention rugby...

How on earth would you start trying to explain this all to an outsider?
Noticed all that myself. What a f**k*d up part of the world we live in lol.

Congratulations to the men nonetheless. Well done.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
What a shame our friends South of the border choose not to participate :(

Well done lads!

Commonwealth Games: Northern Ireland boxers net gold medals - Other Sports, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Well they all seem to be nationalists. Interesting centauro praising them especially Paddy Barnes as his fellow unionist Trueblue84 took issue with him a few months ago and started a thread with " Paddy Barnes boxing champion happy to take British money but not British flag ". Unionists, lovely people :rolleyes:

http://www.politics.ie/northern-ireland/131604-paddy-barnes-boxing-champion-happy-take-british-money-but-not-british-flag.html

Purplestar

Yes a big well done to all boxers who did Northern Ireland proud. According to some cretins on here the Northern Ireland flag actually is a UDA flag so its good to see young catholics are actually representing loyalism. ;)

willoughby

Fair play to the lads, delighted for them, showing great promise for our future competitions.

TrueBlue84

Well they all seem to be nationalists. Interesting centauro praising them especially Paddy Barnes as his fellow unionist Trueblue84 took issue with him a few months ago and started a thread with " Paddy Barnes boxing champion happy to take British money but not British flag ". Unionists, lovely people :rolleyes:

http://www.politics.ie/northern-ireland/131604-paddy-barnes-boxing-champion-happy-take-british-money-but-not-british-flag.html
yes because all unionists are clones...

Was he draped in a Union Flag after winning?

As has been pointed out he will be back representing Ireland at the Olympics.

No Congratulations from DUP that I can find.
Attwood of SDLP congratulations
Cllr Conor Maskey of SF offers congratulations
No congratulations from Alliance that I can find.
UUP - praise from... wait for it the leader Tom Elliott

idle tim

What a shame our friends South of the border choose not to participate :(

Well done lads!

Commonwealth Games: Northern Ireland boxers net gold medals - Other Sports, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
How many "genuine" friends do you have "South of the Border"centauro?.If you have any you will respect the fact that they democratically chose to break the link with Britian and its Commonwealth,and democratically joined another form of commonwealth called the EEC,not known as the EU.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
yes because all unionists are clones...

Was he draped in a Union Flag after winning?

As has been pointed out he will be back representing Ireland at the Olympics.
No Congratulations from DUP that I can find.
Attwood of SDLP congratulations
Cllr Conor Maskey of SF offers congratulations
No congratulations from Alliance that I can find.
UUP - praise from... wait for it the leader Tom Elliott
Nice one TrueBlue84. While Slab has been away for a few days you show the true spirit of unionism once again :). The gold medal winners, presumably all of nationalist background, got awarded their medals whilst the bastardized Ulster flag was raised - and of course that is not enough for him.

Bet you wouldn't be complaining if they had been of unionist background and got awarded their medals whilst the bastardized Ulster flag was raised ?

TrueBlue84

Nice one TrueBlue84. While Slab has been away for a few days you show the true spirit of unionism once again :). The gold medal winners, presumably all of nationalist background, got awarded their medals whilst the bastardized Ulster flag was raised - and of course that is not enough for him.

Bet you wouldn't be complaining if they had been of unionist background and got awarded their medals whilst the bastardized Ulster flag was raised ?
Of course I would be complaining, in the absence of any other flag to replace the Ulster Banner it should be the Union Flag used.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies