Were a refendum to find for a UI what would YOU do.

boldfenianman

Posters here. I believe that we shall get a referendum in the next few years, I also think it will be a small majority in favour of a UI. Question is what would you personally do? Would you respect the outcome of the referendum or not? If as a wannabee Brit,(even though they cant stand you ) , would you leave Ireland? Would you stay and try to make it work? You as 6 County Unionists would make up 13% of Irelands population. Would you just admit it was over? Or try for re-partition? Tell us what you want. And don't just say status quo. Aint gonna happen.

Dame_Enda

I would accept it but remember the GFA says it has to be passed in separate referendums in NI and the Republic.

boldfenianman

I would accept it but remember the GFA says it has to be passed in separate referendums in NI and the Republic.
I think it would be passed in the ROI. Frankly if the Catholics in the 6 seemed to be in favour it would seem almost treason to go agin them.

Dame_Enda

I think it would be passed in the ROI. Frankly if the Catholics in the 6 seemed to be in favour it would seem almost treason to go agin them.
I think middle class Catholics - especially those employed by the British subsidy - will be reluctant. On the other hand Brexit may be a counter to that argument as they are very pro Remain.

Remember that John Redmond, the Home Ruler's politics were not approved of by his uncle, who participated in suppressing the Indian Mutiny.

Last edited:

AhNowStop

I’d buy each of the crackpots on here a pint and a get well soon card :?

Then I’d watch the glentoran v Linfield match on TG4 and wish I knew more Irish whilst still congratulating Linfield for winning 2-16 to 1-18 in a very tight match :|

Last edited:

boldfenianman

I’d buy each of the crackpots on here a pint and a get well soon card :?

Then I’d watch the glentoran v Linfield match on TG4 and wish I knew more Irish whilst still congratulating Linfield for winning 2-16 to 1-18 in a very tight match :|
To each his own.

vivabrigada

Posters here. I believe that we shall get a referendum in the next few years, I also think it will be a small majority in favour of a UI. Question is what would you personally do? Would you respect the outcome of the referendum or not? If as a wannabee Brit,(even though they cant stand you ) , would you leave Ireland? Would you stay and try to make it work? You as 6 County Unionists would make up 13% of Irelands population. Would you just admit it was over? Or try for re-partition? Tell us what you want. And don't just say status quo. Aint gonna happen.
I'd say, "Thank fuk that's over".

FOURGREENFIELDS

As Unionism doesn't recognise democracy, usurps legitimate political decisions/votes and engages in anarchy and violence I predict that things would get nasty very quick. Unionism would implement it's Doomsday plan (It's online for people to peruse) and grab ALL land and districts it believed it could hold. The 1994 UDA plan states that they would over run minority Catholic areas and either take hostages or 'dispose'of any 'prisoners' (aka Bosnia). The UN and EU would have to flood the North with 1000's of troops and put down this PUL insurrection until such time as the democratic mandate is implemented. I could foresee trials at the Hague for PUL war criminals.

mac tíre

[h=2]Were a refendum to find for a UI what would YOU do.?[/h]
I would sing and get on with life as I normally do but send my taxes to Dublin instead.

Craigy, Bridgey, DOG & SOG would get twice the amount of benefits they get now, so they would probably get more drunk and we might get a few more abusive posts on here.

Ach, no, I'm only joking...

I wouldn't sing.

theloner

The ''Doomsday'' scenario recognises there would be large numbers of Catholics left within the Protestant homeland and offers three chilling options on dealing with them -- expulsion, internment, or nullification.

A prominent member of the Rev. Ian Paisley's Democratic Unionist Party, Mr Sammy Wilson, last night described the alleged Doomsday plan as ''a very valuable return to reality''.

UDA 'has drawn up Doomsday plan' | HeraldScotland

Even back then the DUP was cosying up to the loyal gunmen. Wonder if Sammy has re-thunk the whole ethnic cleansing thing. The 'DA seems to be more interested in drugs and Stalford's rent money these days and theloner is pretty sure many of them couldn't even spell UFF.

devonish

I’d get up, have breakfast, walk the dogs and go to work.

ScoobyDoo

Why are you asking this question to people without explaining what a "UI" would look like?

In terms of, currency, flag, anthem, head of state, health service, rights of all citizens to British nationality, in the EU/Commonwelath or not? etc. etc.

Before this is outlined there can't be any border poll, let alone it be passed.

Strawberry

Why are you asking this question to people without explaining what a "UI" would look like?

In terms of, currency, flag, anthem, head of state, health service, rights of all citizens to British nationality, in the EU/Commonwelath or not? etc. etc.

Before this is outlined there can't be any border poll, let alone it be passed.
We already have a currency, flag, anthem, head of state, and health service so we already know the answers to those questions. British citizenship for those in the six counties who want it would be up to the UK government not us, and the Commonwealth is a trivial issue.

between the bridges

Personally moi laff as after 800 years of being beatch slapped like big girls blouses ye lot votail to remain in the Empire...

statsman

I'd crack open a bottle of the best Cava.

Sword of Gideon

....................... If as a wannabee Brit,(even though they cant stand you ) .........,
This is a republican lie repeated over and over,it has been well proven to be that. Just because SFIRA repeat it does not make it true, neither will it convince unionists it is true.
This is the type of lie and re-writing of history that we would feed daily in a new Ireland of unequals.

Sword of Gideon

Sectarian comment, Roman Catholics are not all republicans, even Gerry Kelly has learned that, and he is as thick as sh1t.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies