We're All Brits...

death or glory

Talk Back

It's been a while and still no takers.

You'd get the impression that they actually don't mind being British.
We Irish will have always the last laugh on you Unionists - our Taoiseach has already instructed Boris to change the Nationality Act in Britain in line with the GFA reunification of Ireland Act.

death or glory

It's been a while and still no takers.

You'd get the impression that they actually don't mind being British.
Ahem,
This man certainly seems to know what he is talking about.

Mickeymac

What's that you say??? - "northern" Ireland is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch an integral part of the Union???

European Union that is!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Deputy dawgs must be shitting bricks (scuse the pun) at having to move into some sharia law area in his beloved rain land after the general erection.😂

death or glory

he law grants citizenship to individuals born in Northern Ireland under the same conditions as those born in the Republic of Ireland.

Again quoting wikipedia, a disputed and self editing source.
Whereas the British courts which actually have jurisdiction over Northern Ireland have decided you are all British citizens unless you renounce it.
For goodness sake man I have provided the link to do it umpteen times and yet still no takers, that speaks volumes.

McSlaggart

Again quoting wikipedia, a disputed and self editing source.
Whereas the British courts which actually have jurisdiction over Northern Ireland have decided you are all British citizens unless you renounce it.
For goodness sake man I have provided the link to do it umpteen times and yet still no takers, that speaks volumes.
If the British courts are not applying the rules of the Good friday agreemet then its up to the UK government to fix the issue. If the UK does not address the issue then they will be acting in bad faith.

death or glory

If the British courts are not applying the rules of the Good friday agreemet then its up to the UK government to fix the issue. If the UK does not address the issue then they will be acting in bad faith.
The British courts stays out of political matters.
This was a matter for the courts.
How could it be bad faith for a government to obey it's own court ruling and give you its citizenship.

Sure all you have to do is renounce it, if you care so strongly, I've provided the link.

McSlaggart

The British courts stays out of political matters.
This was a matter for the courts.
How could it be bad faith for a government to obey it's own court ruling and give you its citizenship.

Sure all you have to do is renounce it, if you care so strongly, I've provided the link.
That is why this matter should be of great importance to Unionists. Do you think the British will allow unionists to keep their British citizenship if a vote is taken to rejoin the EU?

death or glory

That is why this matter should be of great importance to Unionists. Do you think the British will allow unionists to keep their British citizenship if a vote is taken to rejoin the EU?
It is important to Unionists.
It just reinstates what we already know, that everybody born in Northern Ireland is a British citizen.
But if you really don't like it, you can renounce it, it doesn't matter to us what you do.
I've provided a link to help those who definately don't wan't to be British.

McSlaggart

It is important to Unionists.
It just reinstates what we already know, that everybody born in Northern Ireland is a British citizen.
But if you really don't like it, you can renounce it, it doesn't matter to us what you do.
I've provided a link to help those who definately don't wan't to be British.

Dog I am happy to use the fact that the British government give me a passport and I will use that if it gives me an advantage in a given situation.

The important aspect in this issue is the fact that the British government is trying to avoid forfilling its agreement. If you cannot understand why that should be important to peole for whom being "British" is important then grand.

death or glory

Dog I am happy to use the fact that the British government give me a passport and I will use that if it gives me an advantage in a given situation.

The important aspect in this issue is the fact that the British government is trying to avoid forfilling its agreement. If you cannot understand why that should be important to peole for whom being "British" is important then grand.
Well I'm definitely grand that by default we are all British citizens.
It doesn't bother me if you or any other nationalist wants to renounce it, in fact if you hadn't noticed I would like to encourage it.

McSlaggart

Lord Talbot

New Threads

Most Replies