We're All Brits...

EnglishObserver

Dog I am happy to use the fact that the British government give me a passport and I will use that if it gives me an advantage in a given situation.

The important aspect in this issue is the fact that the British government is trying to avoid forfilling its agreement. If you cannot understand why that should be important to peole for whom being "British" is important then grand.
I can't understand that attitude. I would never and I mean never take out an Irish passport - there would literally be a cold day in hell. All 'given situations' in the world would not persuade me.

McSlaggart

I can't understand that attitude. I would never and I mean never take out an Irish passport - there would literally be a cold day in hell. All 'given situations' in the world would not persuade me.

Thanks for you clarifing your position on the matter.

Ardillaun

I prefer the Cornish ales from Sharps' brewery myself. Anything in commemoration labelling I'd tend to stay away from as it is likely to have that failed pale ale that didn't sell very well under a different name last year.

Mind you I probably shouldn't mention the decent beers of Kernow. They'll be thronging the streets of Penzance demanding independence next.
I would not miss the disappearance of British and North American ‘beer’. Pale ale is a particularly obnoxious concoction that the Americans have managed to make even worse. Give me Swiss trains and the brews of Belgium and Germany.

Last edited:

Pyewacket

I mean it's not like you ever leave Portadown, is it?

death or glory

Keep reading genius.
Well he thinks a wikipedia link is the law,
and a foreign government can make a rule for a country it has no jurisdiction over.
No one ever before confused him with a genius.

Lord Talbot

and a foreign government can make a rule for a country it has no jurisdiction over.
I don't think he's even read the wiki article properly..

Last edited:

death or glory

I don't think he's even read the wiki article properly..
He very rarely does.
He posted a link to Killyclogher Gaa club to prove the Gaa isn't sectarian and yet on the site it plainly stated it was set up by the Roman Catholic parish church.

McSlaggart

British, Irish or both

Pyewacket

Well you can get an Irish or British passport, and there are people in this world who would murder their grandchildren and then have sex with their dead bodies, live-streamed, just to get a whiff of a refrigerated truck into either country.

Because we are the Top One Per Cent.

Climate change will see how long that lasts.

death or glory

Yes. British automatically and Irish if you want.

These cows are small Dougal, but the ones out there are far away.
Well they can always renounce their British citizenship, if they really want.

Talk Back

Yes. British automatically and Irish if you want.

These cows are small Dougal, but the ones out there are far away.
Our Taoiseach has already instructed Boris to change the Nationality Act in Britain in line with the GFA reunification of Ireland Act.

Talk Back

Well they can always renounce their British citizenship, if they really want.
Your "British" passport isn't worth the paper it is written on - so have your passport ready for the real British in Britain to check when you travel from Ireland to that foreign country across the sea called Britain.

death or glory

New Threads

Most Replies