• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

We're back!

petaljam

Back on the homepage that is, and - hopefully - for good.

The recent changes in general moderating policy site wide (link to rules here) should make any required intervention easier and quicker, and as a result we feel the problems that led to the NI board being moved off the homepage can probably be handled without needing to "quarantine" it as has been the case for far too long.

Obviously it's something of a trial process, so we'll see how it goes. Don't hesitate to read the rules before posting as some have been seriously tightened up, in particular around anything that could be considered as personal abuse. Obviously the old rules like being responsible for what you post, including quotes from other posts etc, also still apply.

So. Enjoy. But politely and respectfully. :)

Civic_critic2

Another political decision that just so happens to align with moves in the political class generally, such as appointing Drew Harris garda commissioner. It's just a rolling cornucopia of strange coincidences.

Casablanca

Another political decision that just so happens to align with moves in the political class generally, such as appointing Drew Harris garda commissioner. It's just a rolling cornucopia of strange coincidences.

Interesting viewpoint, can you expand on it a bit?

Casablanca

Quite so Civic.

Can you please move a little closer to the potted plant (the one by the window) as the signal is breaking-up?

I told them not to use a lily there and that its easier to hide the mic in a cactus. Would they listen.....

'orebel

Well if the Johnny Rea thread were to be used as a yardstick I'd say this is a bad move.

hollandia

Well if the Johnny Rea thread were to be used as a yardstick I'd say this is a bad move.
Well, that's sort of the point, [MENTION=21719]'orebel[/MENTION]. I, and a couple of other posters, asked dj if the new rules would be used to clean up the nordie forum, since its become a short of wild west since its quarantine. After explaining what a nordie is, he put it to the mods.

As an aside, where do I apply to claim my finders fee for getting Drew Harris the top job in AGS?

Last edited:

petaljam

I'd suggest that you might consider some Nordie Mods. We've seen in the pasts a lack of understanding of the dynamics of Nordie insulting and offensive remarks,.
You mean I would no longer be the only Nordie in the village? :shock:

Oooh, I dunno about that... ;)

publicrealm

I do think it's appropriate to reunite the Nordie forum with the main board at this historic juncture.

between the bridges

Moi always found it highly amusing the number of nordie UI'rs that never engaged on the mexicant board, these same UI'rs could give ye chapter and verse on what was happening on the hill or in the mother of all parliaments but couldn't tell their Aras from the Dole! Twas almost as if they seen them(mexicant)uns as foreigners...

Emily Davison

What's even stranger is Ni Riada not only agreeing to wear the Poppy but the Easter Lily too. That's certainly a rolling cornucopia.

petaljam

If you are a Nordie then you'll understand why the NI forum should be in the UK section, in line with the Good Friday Agreement :D
But what happens after next March? Border controls??

Best to be far seeing IMO. Like I say, surely only a matter of time anyway. ;)

GDPR

I'd suggest that you might consider some Nordie Mods. We've seen in the pasts a lack of understanding of the dynamics of Nordie insulting and offensive remarks,.
Disagree. Nordie posters like their bantz, I think you can say that is a characteristic we all share, but there is no such thing as Nordie exceptionalism. What is downright rude and insulting is the same as it would be in any other Forum.

derryman

Back on the homepage that is, and - hopefully - for good.

The recent changes in general moderating policy site wide (link to rules here) should make any required intervention easier and quicker, and as a result we feel the problems that led to the NI board being moved off the homepage can probably be handled without needing to "quarantine" it as has been the case for far too long.

Obviously it's something of a trial process, so we'll see how it goes. Don't hesitate to read the rules before posting as some have been seriously tightened up, in particular around anything that could be considered as personal abuse. Obviously the old rules like being responsible for what you post, including quotes from other posts etc, also still apply.

So. Enjoy. But politely and respectfully. :)
Well we might be back on the home page, but the homepage is fubar.

AhNowStop

Well we might be back on the home page, but the homepage is fubar.
Mad right enough .. If you click the "Home" tab you get "Recent posts" ...

and if you click the "New Posts" or the "Recent Posts" tab you get what the Home page used to be (look like) :shock:

Surely that is a no brainer to sort

Mickeymac

Mad right enough .. If you click the "Home" tab you get "Recent posts" ...

and if you click the "New Posts" or the "Recent Posts" tab you get what the Home page used to be (look like) :shock:

Surely that is a no brainer to sort

Not sure what others think but I believe this forum is not up to speed as yet.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies