• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

We're back!

seanof

eh.... their employer could just look at their own firewall logs and see the traffic.

Besides, loads of people here foolishly post here and they don't even have jobs.
True. But isn't there a danger that, since the site has been compromised and all user data, posts, pms etc. are in the hands of third parties, that the information may be passed to the media and made public, to the embarrassment of both the p.ie poster and their employer? Who knows, some posters may have been operating from government and political party offices, in Ireland and abroad with official authorisation?

NYCKY

True. But isn't there a danger that, since the site has been compromised and all user data, posts, pms etc. are in the hands of third parties, that the information may be passed to the media and made public, to the embarrassment of both the p.ie poster and their employer? Who knows, some posters may have been operating from government and political party offices, in Ireland and abroad with official authorisation?
May have been? :laugh: Seriously, come on, of course they have.

NYCKY

Pie just refuses to die...my favourite forum tbh...almost a decade spent on it now...don't ever see myself spending that amount of time anywhere else...
It would be a shame if it died, there is a lot of good material here.

NYCKY

So, would that mean that if someone, foolishly, posted to this forum from their workplace, that their work IP address and consequently their employer could be ascertained and informed of their activity?
You do realize that employers can monitor what their employees do online at work?

Mickeymac

You do realize that employers can monitor what their employees do online at work?

Does not seem to bother posters/mods on here who claim to be engineers/financial advisors etc etc who post continuously over a normal working day!!!!:laugh:

Mickeymac

Does not seem to bother posters/mods on here who claim to be engineers/financial advisors etc etc who post continuously over a normal working day!!!!:laugh:

NYCKY

I know right, can you imagine the horror of employers to find out that their employess weren't using the interweb thingy exclusively for work purposes?

My last job actually had a very sensible policy on it, in the HR manual, they acknowledged that occasional personal use of the internet occurred and that was ok so long as it didn't rise to the level where it interfered with your job.

Dadaist

No notice or explention of outage, and I get this.

pie222222.jpg

And then there's this:

pie1.png

Fool me once and all that...

jmcc

I know right, can you imagine the horror of employers to find out that their employess weren't using the interweb thingy exclusively for work purposes?
And if they are in contravention of the usual dictates from HR?