We're being sold one last pup by ff !.

nonpartyboy

All the sudden concern for the country by the biggest bunch of me feiners the country has ever had the misfortune to suffer, we have enough money for the state till april 2011 they tell us, the imf/ecb are bailing out our banks and if they don't we all know exactly what is going to happen, so why all the rush ?

We could easily have a immediate election and let the new government bring in a budget.

We have leared to our peril NEVER EVER trust fianna fail. they are at it again..........

eoghanacht

The 'markets' are circuling Portugal and Spain.

Funny how the international financeers remain blameless and protected in all of this.

Mondo

All the sudden concern for the country by the biggest bunch of me feiners the country has ever had the misfortune to suffer, we have enough money for the state till april 2011 they tell us, the imf/ecb are bailing out our banks and if they don't we all know exactly what is going to happen, so why all the rush ?

We could easily have a immediate election and let the new government bring in a budget.

We have leared to our peril NEVER EVER trust fianna fail. they are at it again..........

Total proof. They talking givesw them space to wriggle. End game. They need a stake through the heart. They and the back bencher know it, there's nothing left to lose. Very dangerous mix - still in power with nothing left to lose.

seanmacc

It is a bit hard to believe that the sequence of events that they have and are putting in place are for the benefit of anybody in the country other than FF. All you have to do is look at their monuments to planning corruption all over the country to know that they are cute hoers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are leaving a landmine for our future government that could force another election by the end of next year

Vote_No_on_Everything

The 'markets' are circuling Portugal and Spain.

Funny how the international financeers remain blameless and protected in all of this.
The fact that International Financeers & Financial Markets exist is a big problem in itself.

They are the financial equivalent to arms dealers

needle_too

I wouldn't be surprised if they are leaving a landmine for our future government that could force another election by the end of next year
Thats exactly what they are doing.

Makes me puke to see the Greens on TV pontificating about the 'will of the people' when they voted for NAMA and allowed a motorway by Tara.

FF are getting out before they have to deal with the fallout from their actions. They want to be out of power when the real cuts happen and then carp from the sidelines when the real problems arise.

Scum.

And everyone who votes for them.

eoghanacht

It is a bit hard to believe that the sequence of events that they have and are putting in place are for the benefit of anybody in the country other than FF. All you have to do is look at their monuments to planning corruption all over the country to know that they are cute hoers.

Thats why i fimly believe they must be annihilated as a political force in this country.

ONQ

There is indeed a landmine being laid here.
Seeing Cowan's smug declaratory manner today proved it for me.
But by listening to the incumbents you see the depths of their corruption and stupidity.

Front loading more cuts than is necessary at a time when the economy has yet to bottom out and start recovery will destroy Ireland.
No recovery can start with a banking system that refuses to lend, cannot lend money - all our business practices are geared to run on some level of credit.
It seems to me that the cuts need to occur in a planned an orderly fashion in the longest appropriate timeframe, and cannot be front loaded at a time when we can least afford it.
Any cuts must be balanced by a stimulus package designed to get people to return to work and hopefully to encourage young Irish entrepreneurs to develop export-led innovations.

But the clue to the heart of all this is taxing the $14 Quadrillion Derivatives Market.
Focus on that figure for a moment.
Get your heads around it.

1 Million = 1,000,000
1 Billion = 1,000,000,000
1 Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000
1 Quadrillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000

This untaxed and unregulated market is the last refuge of the Golden Haired Financial Wide Boys like Goldman Sachs.
Past time they were made share the pain.

Derivatives Tax and Over The Counter Trading Regulation - now!
Think of the money even a 10% derivatives tax would bring in.

10% of
$14,000,000,000,000,000 is
$1,400,000,000,000,000
One Thousand Four Hundred Trillion Dollars.

Is there some reason sovereign governments the world over cannot agree to do this?
Even on a once-off basis?

Is this figure insufficient?
Is there a problem re collection?
Why can't this option work to sort out our difficulties?

ONQ.

Last edited:

captainwillard

You are under a misapprehension that FF is producing the budget. The budget has been reviewed by IMF and will have their hand all over it. Stop posting silly threads. Attention seeking threads like this should be banned.

eoghanacht

Ignore the attention seeking troll

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
...some stuff about big numbers...
One Thousand Four Hundred Trillion Dollars....
Why can't this option work to sort out our difficulties?

ONQ.
Isn't all of that done at margin? This financial stuff is not worth 14 squillion or whatever, that's the amount of money being moved around....the market itself is worth (i.e. the revenue generated by this business) a much smaller amount, right?

nonpartyboy

You are under a misapprehension that FF is producing the budget. The budget has been reviewed by IMF and will have their hand all over it. Stop posting silly threads. Attention seeking threads like this should be banned.
Stick it up your arse ******************************, felt good but doesn't really get us anywhere, get the picture ?.

We are being sold out by ff once again, just like the blanket guarantee.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Isn't all of that done at margin? This financial stuff is not worth 14 squillion or whatever, that's the amount of money being moved around....the market itself is worth (i.e. the revenue generated by this business) a much smaller amount, right?
ONQ is on to something there. Now, this should be explored, highlighted in placards of any future demonstrations which I am sure will be soon. Tell the ordinary citizens of Europe that there is a way out.

Done at the margin! Yes, I know what you mean. But think of house rates, then you will see that the concept will be easily applicable.

Don't forget, that these are the guys that we are bailing out. They pay no tax!

Come on the knowledgeable Members of Politics.ie! This has got to be teased out. Oh! By the way, watch yourselves!

Citizens of the world unite! Meet the International Bankers on a level playing pitch. First of all, we have got to elect our own politicians :|

New Threads

Most Replies