Were you ever swindled?

General Urko

BTW I don't mean over believing the political manifestos of our by and large gobshyte political parties or over house prices during the Celtic Tiger!
I used to live in The Netherlands. They had a postcode lottery ever month, which had nothing to do with postcodes. I bought a ticket, the draw show was on Dutch TV and I recorded it on VHS., but didn't watch it. I went to the central post office where I lived and there was one 'worker' there and myself. I handed over the ticket to be checked. He checked the number on screen, told me with a sigh, I hadn't won anything and casually threw the ticket without offering it back to me or tearing it, into the waste bin beside him! Like a Paddy abroad, I just said thanks and walked away, although, his behaviour did seem a bit odd!
I couldn't remember the ticket number in full, it was a combination of numbers and letters, CLU, being the letters.
When I got home I watched the video, which was in Dutch, it was kind of like Winning Streak without the redneck imbeciles. At the end they showed, winning tickets on screen and one had the letters CLU with €50 K beside it.
I spoke to a Dutch work colleague and she said - what? They never ever keep your ticket, no way! And she said if you think Dutch People aren't capable of acting like that, you think too highly of us. Another colleague also told me, you were conned.
Perhaps most worryingly, one of the other Irish there, I wouldn't call him a worker, he had previously been up on charges of petrol bombing the premises of his previous employer, asked me was it the cúnt with the moustache that you were dealing with and I said, yes it was! I mean worrying in the sense that gobshytes would have a sort of code in 'feeling' each other out!
So I'm absolutely convinced that post office 'worker' got 50K for himself! As easy as stealing candy of the proverbial Paddy abroad:mad:

hollandia

I was led to believe this was Ireland's premier political discussion website.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Ok, where has this "whitelash" phrase come from? Did somebody think that the original word was blacklash, rather than backlash?

Anyway, I see that the word "blacklash" is being used to represent the backlash to the whitelash.

Grrr

D

Deleted member 48908

Ok, where has this "whitelash" phrase come from? Did somebody think that the original word was blacklash, rather than backlash?

Anyway, I see that the word "blacklash" is being used to represent the backlash to the whitelash.

Grrr
Fell out the back of a van, Jones.

publicrealm

I'm being swindled by that baldy ************************ from Limerick who dips into my pension fund.

Also by whichever ************************ keeps upping the levy on health insurance and charging my health insurance even when I'm on a trolley in a corridor.

I could go on..

************************s.

D

Deleted member 48908

I'm being swindled by that baldy ************************ from Limerick who dips into my pension fund.

Also by whichever ************************ keeps upping the levy on health insurance and charging my health insurance even when I'm on a trolley in a corridor.

I could go on..

************************s.
*************************Probably best to secure a plot and a tombstone before you do.*****************************************

ticketyboo

Swindled, is it...?
I think....nay, know...that each and every one of us is being swindled to a greater or lesser extent on each and every day.
I could paraphrase James Connolly to a degree...something on the lines of "if we were to remove the Apples and the Googles and the Facebooks, we would still be swindled through the vast array of lending institutions and the insurance companies and the Government created agencies such as the NCT which on a whim can fail your perfectly safe car on the grounds of a corroded brake pipe (in their OPINION).....:mad:
Anyhoo, here's a story for the ages......
You may find it hard to believe, but once upon a time, ticketyboo was erroneously credited with a double payment of that week's wages in his bank account....what to do, I hear ye ask...?
I decided, against the scriptures, that it was better to be a receiver than a giver.....:evil:
The following weekend I went to a football match and was pickpocketed for pretty much the exact amount that I decided not to fess up to getting from the bank.....
And so was the swindler swindled.....and that was the point where I became a born again Christian...
OK, I made that last sentence up.....

publicrealm

*************************Probably best to secure a plot and a tombstone before you do.*****************************************
I'm going to have my ashes scattered in a Special Area of Conservation - one in the eye for Church and State.

I will finally Stick it to the Man - albeit posthumously.

BTW I don't mean over believing the political manifestos of our by and large gobshyte political parties or over house prices during the Celtic Tiger!
I used to live in The Netherlands. They had a postcode lottery ever month, which had nothing to do with postcodes. I bought a ticket, the draw show was on Dutch TV and I recorded it on VHS., but didn't watch it. I went to the central post office where I lived and there was one 'worker' there and myself. I handed over the ticket to be checked. He checked the number on screen, told me with a sigh, I hadn't won anything and casually threw the ticket without offering it back to me or tearing it, into the waste bin beside him! Like a Paddy abroad, I just said thanks and walked away, although, his behaviour did seem a bit odd!
I couldn't remember the ticket number in full, it was a combination of numbers and letters, CLU, being the letters.
When I got home I watched the video, which was in Dutch, it was kind of like Winning Streak without the redneck imbeciles. At the end they showed, winning tickets on screen and one had the letters CLU with €50 K beside it.
I spoke to a Dutch work colleague and she said - what? They never ever keep your ticket, no way! And she said if you think Dutch People aren't capable of acting like that, you think too highly of us. Another colleague also told me, you were conned.
Perhaps most worryingly, one of the other Irish there, I wouldn't call him a worker, he had previously been up on charges of petrol bombing the premises of his previous employer, asked me was it the cúnt with the moustache that you were dealing with and I said, yes it was! I mean worrying in the sense that gobshytes would have a sort of code in 'feeling' each other out!
So I'm absolutely convinced that post office 'worker' got 50K for himself! As easy as stealing candy of the proverbial Paddy abroad:mad:
FWIW, it's unlikely you had a winning ticket. For significant prizes most National Lotteries ask the "winner" where the ticket was bought. This data is something they have and which in some cases does not actually appear on the ticket, or if it does it's in the form of embedded coded characters. If they get it incorrect then the antennae pr1ck up.

There was a guy jailed in the UK some time ago for precisely that attempted fraud. A real winner presents a million-winning ticket and asks that it be checked. "No win" is announced and the ticket chucked in the bin. When the punter left the shop assistant rang the number. He got a few years, I believe. He'd been unable to say where it was purchased.

I guess you could sit on the ticket for a while and wait for an outlet in the area to put up their "50k won here" sign, though.

Deadlock

Actually yes - two mortgages!

I've had a problem with one of the Big Four Banks. Briefly, something I bought with my credit card online was never delivered. After to-and-fro with the site owners, the bank issuing the card, the couriers, I got a letter from the courier claiming the goods had been lost, and sent a claim to the bank. I was refunded in full ....

... for three months. The bank in question then came and claimed they had evidence from the courier I had received the goods and were reclaiming the cost!

No goods and now out the guts of €500! What to do?

General Urko

Swindled, is it...?
I think....nay, know...that each and every one of us is being swindled to a greater or lesser extent on each and every day.
I could paraphrase James Connolly to a degree...something on the lines of "if we were to remove the Apples and the Googles and the Facebooks, we would still be swindled through the vast array of lending institutions and the insurance companies and the Government created agencies such as the NCT which on a whim can fail your perfectly safe car on the grounds of a corroded brake pipe (in their OPINION).....:mad:
Anyhoo, here's a story for the ages......
You may find it hard to believe, but once upon a time, ticketyboo was erroneously credited with a double payment of that week's wages in his bank account....what to do, I hear ye ask...?
I decided, against the scriptures, that it was better to be a receiver than a giver.....:evil:
The following weekend I went to a football match and was pickpocketed for pretty much the exact amount that I decided not to fess up to getting from the bank.....
And so was the swindler swindled.....and that was the point where I became a born again Christian...
OK, I made that last sentence up.....
Karma!:cool:

General Urko

FWIW, it's unlikely you had a winning ticket. For significant prizes most National Lotteries ask the "winner" where the ticket was bought. This data is something they have and which in some cases does not actually appear on the ticket, or if it does it's in the form of embedded coded characters. If they get it incorrect then the antennae pr1ck up.

There was a guy jailed in the UK some time ago for precisely that attempted fraud. A real winner presents a million-winning ticket and asks that it be checked. "No win" is announced and the ticket chucked in the bin. When the punter left the shop assistant rang the number. He got a few years, I believe. He'd been unable to say where it was purchased.

I guess you could sit on the ticket for a while and wait for an outlet in the area to put up their "50k won here" sign, though.
A post office worker would have mates, who would be able to sort that small obstacle out for him!
What really put me on notice was that the mad and I mean 'MAD' Cúnt, I had to work with mentioned him.
BTW That Mad Cúnt is back in Ireland and apparently has a shotgun license, well definitely a shotgun, which along with the fact that he drives like a complete psycho is a lot more worrying than a post office employee robbing €50K off a customer!

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I'm not sure where I heard it, but I recall hearing of something similar a few ago between a couple who had only just broken up, one of them (can't remember which) took a ticket bought by other and claimed a few grand off it, when the other heard they got a solicitor involved and it eventually went to court.

Basically, the judge asked where and when it was bought, he was in possession of the information, one party could answer, one couldn't, the judge awarded the winnings to the one who knew the correct time and place of purchase.

Might have been in fiction even, who knows? Good way to prove your ownership maybe?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies