West Brit Cartographer's In Mapping Scandal

between the bridges

Mexicant mapmakers have struck a telling blow in the post conflict cultural war, as the folk song goes ''who's in Londonderry, Derry, Maiden, Stroke city, Dodge''...

The Constituency Commission, appointed by the Irish government last month, used the official name ‘Londonderry’ rather than ‘Derry’ on a map of Ireland, provoking anger amongst members of the Seanad (Senate).
Donegal Fianna Fail Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill said he was shocked by the use of the term ‘Londonderry’ on the map. “I was taken aback by the recent Constituency Commission report which showed the city of Derry as Londonderry on its map. This was done by a government agency here,” he said. “That should be addressed and should never, ever be allowed to happen again, when it is paid for by the Irish taxpayer.” His Westmeath-based party colleague Aidan Davitt went further still, commenting that the use of ‘Londonderry’ on the state agency’s map was “scandalous”.

Of course the rabid Failing Fallers failed to consider that there is more than wan point of view...

“It actually reflects badly on the individuals, who have really let themselves down with being so concerned about the name Londonderry on a map. “It shows that some people do have some way to go in terms of respecting not only Northern Ireland as a country but also the counties within it.

Read more at: Londonderry map name row

Remember in the post conflict post cultural war revolution everywan will be preoffended...

Nordie Northsider

I can't begin to describe how much that annoys me...because I lack the words to describe anything so insignificant.

between the bridges

I can't begin to describe how much that annoys me...because I lack the words to describe anything so insignificant.
Pffft ye Palesiders never were sound on the national issue...

wombat

I'm not sure which is sillier, insisting on putting London in front of Derry or insisting it be removed.:lol:

Spanner Island

NI isn't a country... innit?

I wish it was tbh... independent and out there fending for itself.

Socratus O' Pericles

If this is the quality of the OP's we're being treated to all of us who fought & struggled to Free The Fermanagh Wan must go pfffffttt!

Socratus O' Pericles

Any chance of a video of the song?

flavirostris

Brian O'Domhnaill? Wasn't that the twat that was done for expenses and drink-driving and then claimed he was not getting due process because the case would not be carried out through Irish.

That guy knows every FF stroke in the book. Bi-locatory expenses, raising Irish language hares to delay the judicial process. You name it.

RasherHash

I'm not sure which is sillier, insisting on putting London in front of Derry or insisting it be removed.:lol:
So which side are you on boys...

Telstar 62

The inclusion of Northern Ireland in an Ordnance Survey Map of Ireland
is by kind permission of Her Majesty's Stationery Office.:cool:

Spanner Island

Every time I subject myself to a bit of NI news I find myself wondering how they attract people into the media and to do the news up there...

It's just so feckin' Groundhog Day tedious...

Mark Carruthers and the rest deserve feckin' medals for sticking with the tedium for as long as they have...

And so today at Stormont... nothing happened... again... but of course they're still getting paid to do f*** all... cos that's the NI way innit... YAWN...

Socratus O' Pericles

Nah, there's a folk song mentioned, i want to hear it if its real.

flavirostris

Brian O'Domhnaill“I was taken aback by the recent Constituency Commission report which showed the city of Derry as Londonderry on its map. This was done by a government agency here,” he said. “That should be addressed and should never, ever be allowed to happen again, when it is paid for by the Irish taxpayer.”
That's absolutely priceless. The same Irish taxpayer he was screwing with gay abandon for years.

Socratus O' Pericles

What's the only word in the English language that has six silent letters?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Mexicant mapmakers have struck a telling blow in the post conflict cultural war, as the folk song goes ''who's in Londonderry, Derry, Maiden, Stroke city, Dodge''...

The Constituency Commission, appointed by the Irish government last month, used the official name ‘Londonderry’ rather than ‘Derry’ on a map of Ireland, provoking anger amongst members of the Seanad (Senate).
Donegal Fianna Fail Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill said he was shocked by the use of the term ‘Londonderry’ on the map. “I was taken aback by the recent Constituency Commission report which showed the city of Derry as Londonderry on its map. This was done by a government agency here,” he said. “That should be addressed and should never, ever be allowed to happen again, when it is paid for by the Irish taxpayer.” His Westmeath-based party colleague Aidan Davitt went further still, commenting that the use of ‘Londonderry’ on the state agency’s map was “scandalous”.

Of course the rabid Failing Fallers failed to consider that there is more than wan point of view...

“It actually reflects badly on the individuals, who have really let themselves down with being so concerned about the name Londonderry on a map. “It shows that some people do have some way to go in terms of respecting not only Northern Ireland as a country but also the counties within it.

Read more at: Londonderry map name row

Remember in the post conflict post cultural war revolution everywan will be preoffended...
There's a greengrocer's hyphen in your OP, Bridgie.

Tut tut

New Threads

Most Replies