• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

West Midlands Police may let Muslim officers wear burqas and niqabs in effort to boost diversity

picador

One of Britain's largest police forces is considering allowing Muslim officers to wear the burka while on duty in an effort to boost diversity.

West Midlands Police Chief Constable, David Thompson, said the force would not rule out allowing female officers to wear the outfit which includes a long flowing outer garment from head to toe and an Islamic veil, or niqab, that covers all facial features except the eyes.
No Muslim has even asked for this. CC offered his remarks at a meeting about 'diversity'.

I don't know if this guy ever had any sense of perspective but clearly it is lacking now. He should be dismissed - and replaced by a salafi. Police should forget British law and enforce Shari'a.

West Midlands Police may let Muslim officers wear burqas and niqabs in effort to boost diversity | The Independent

Gwannow

The only way they would ever let them wear a burqa is if they were in the counter-terrorist team. Not a chance in hell of a bobby wearing a burqa - it will never happen.

Spanner Island

How could this be a boost for diversity when they all look the same in that feckin' garb... ??? :confused:

Irish-Rationalist

I look forward to the day when police officers can wear gorilla suits.

Dame_Enda

I wonder if the elected PCC who is a Labour member is involved in this push for 'diversity'?

picador

I wonder if the elected PCC who is a Labour member is involved in this push for 'diversity'?
From another article:

Labour councillor Diane Donaldson, who represents the Hodge Hill ward in Birmingham, said: 'I am in favour of allowing women to wear their burkas during service.

'It's not going to stop them carrying out their job properly.'

Labour councillor Sybil Spence, who represents the Soho ward, said: 'When it comes to dressing, it's about feeling comfortable.

'It won't hinder women from doing their proper job.

'As long as they are well-trained and they're doing their job and you can see their faces, then that's all that matters. '

Che Donald, diversity spokesman for the Police Federation of England and Wales, said: 'Forces need to be representative of the communities they serve, so there is flexibility in making adjustments to reflect officers' beliefs..

Read more: West Midlands Police planning to let Muslim officers wear full BURKAS | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Feminist whores for Islamic votes, to misquote Pat Condell.

Mercurial

All he said was that they would have to consider it if someone asked. So what? It's not as though it would actually be allowed.

Analyzer

I wonder will the authorities be issuing support to any women from a certain patriarchy dominated background, who decide that they wish to come out as lesbian, but who are likely to face death threats ?

Telstar 62

British Muslims interviewed, stated that they wouldn't
trust a policewoman in a burqa at all....:rolleyes:

rainmaker

Administrator
All he said was that they would have to consider it if someone asked. So what? It's not as though it would actually be allowed.
Ah come on, this is the only chance our Islamaphobes have had to let their hair down in ages. The Anti Semites, the Israel/Palestine fanatics and the permanently angry pro life swivel eyed loons have been having all the fun lately.

Adam Battersby

Ah come on, this is the only chance our Islamaphobes have had to let their hair down in ages. The Anti Semites, the Israel/Palestine fanatics and the permanently angry pro life swivel eyed loons have been having all the fun lately.
Abortion should be banned in Britain, too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies