• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

What action should be taken by citizens if FF/FG continue to prevent a Democratic vote in the Dail on the "Irish Water" issue?

venusian

What action should be taken by citizens if FF/FG continue to prevent a Democratic vote in the Dail on the "Irish Water" issue?

FF and FG are behaving like fascists and have up to now, prevented a debate and Democratic vote by the elected member's of the Dail to abolish "Irish Water", prevented a referendum on the public ownership of Irish Water and the ending of the current rapacious charges regime for water that has filled the pockets of FG cronies and their fellow sleaze merchants who have profited greatly from tax payers money.

If FF and FG continue to stifle the Democratic mandate of the elected representatives of the Dail what direct action should be taken to restore Dail Democracy?

Mr Aphorisms

Twitter
crimesofbrits
I keep saying it on here, but did we* not get 'payback' in the general election against FG and all forms of gombeenism? And didn't the ostensible left say that the last election was a 'political revolution'? I thought there was payback. Looks like, the payback was, well, a bit premature. Jokes on the box tickers.

What exactly are you annoyed about? And what is the alternative? An ostensible kidnapping of a politician led to outcries from even some of the self-described 'hard left'. Imagine an actual serious revolutionary action? Face it, we'll do nothing and can't do anything. We haven't the balls or will to seriously change anything.

Only criminals when you think about, challenge this state, though for other reasons. Everything else is just pathetic moaning on the sidelines. Myself included.

*I didn't participate in the mickey mouse election.

Diawlbach

You do realise that the democratic mandate also includes that of FF and FG?

If you have a majority against them, go for it. If not - they have the majority because more people voted for them.

drummed

I propose direct action in terms of a military coup is suitable in this case. With me as the leader obviously. We just have to talk a few lads from the army into it now.

I should delegate that probably.

julietfoxtrot

FF and FG are behaving like fascists and have up to now, prevented a debate and Democratic vote by the elected member's of the Dail to abolish "Irish Water", prevented a referendum on the public ownership of Irish Water and the ending of the current rapacious charges regime for water that has filled the pockets of FG cronies and their fellow sleaze merchants who have profited greatly from tax payers money.

If FF and FG continue to stifle the Democratic mandate of the elected representatives of the Dail what direct action should be taken to restore Dail Democracy?
So FF and FG are radical authoritarian nationalists who believe in a one party state?

Dame_Enda

FF and FG want to control both govt and Opposition to protect the system.

venusian

I propose direct action in terms of a military coup is suitable in this case. With me as the leader obviously. We just have to talk a few lads from the army into it now.

I should delegate that probably.
I propose that the elected members of the Dail should ignore FF and FGs' nonsense and have a debate, have phillybusters etc until a Democratic debate followed by a Democratic vote that has already been mandated by the majority of the electorate goes ahead to end the tax sucking corrupt farce of "Irish Water" once and for all !

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies