What are the signs that would preceed a default?

Vote_No_on_Everything

Lets only ASSUME for a moment that Ireland will at some stage default, leave the euro,and issue some other form of currency, or even join sterling or a second class euro.
My question is 'If this were to happen, WHEN would it be most likely to happen & what are the events that would lead up to it?'

Last edited:

Vote_No_on_Everything

"What are the signs that would preceed a default?"

Censorship.
Yep, I gather the media would not announce it until after the event, but would there any other signs that people might look for?

FiannaFailed

Repeated categorical denials , if heard from the two Brians, means default is definitely on the way

galteeman

"What are the signs that would preceed a default?"

Censorship.
The govt. would make an announcement that under no cirumstances would there be a default:roll:

galteeman

FiannaFailed you beat me to it

Cato

Perhaps the key thing is what would immediately cause a default? Also, taking as given that some insiders would be warned, what could we expect them to do?

Either way, the thing to do is to act now. Get your money out of Irish banks, out of Ireland and out of the euro.

Lord Wellington

Yep, I gather the media would not announce it until after the event, but would there any other signs that people might look for?
Here's one you should not look for.

Any sign on politics.ie.

Any sign of default on politics.ie will be censored.

One must ask why politics.ie has a problem with Lord Wellington asking questions about the Fianna Fail agents that operate with impunity.

tonic, Sailor, Oggy.

They can get away with anything they want.

I get censored.

Here.

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/145029-bank-guarantee-decided-before-30-sep-08-says-gormley.html

I am told to f*ck off.

No reason.

Just f*ck off.

This is the message they give.

"You have been removed from this discussion."

Is politics.ie just another Fianna Fail medium?

Kalan

more debt

Piling more debt on top of the existing debt, paying a rate of interest greater than the rate of economic growth, dealing with the crisis as if it were one of liquidity when the problem is one of insolvency. And signing a deal with the IMF/Eu which aggravates all of the foregoing. These are some of the indications that Ireland is on a default trajectory.

eoghanacht

The sky will fall down , the see will rise up and swallow the land.

Well thats what FF and their spivs here would have you believe, fact is it'd be no worse than accepting the budget and the four year plan except we wouldn't have the unassailable bank debt to deal with

martino

You might see competitions announced for artists and designers-a bit like they do with new stamps.

Doodah

Lets only ASSUME for a moment that Ireland will at some stage default, leave the euro,and issue some other form of currency, or even join sterling or a second class euro.
My question is 'If this were to happen, WHEN would it be most likely to happen & what are the events that would lead up to it?'
Irish politicians retiring on euro-pensions.

Lord Wellington

The sky will fall down , the see will rise up and swallow the land.

Well thats what FF and their spivs here would have you believe, fact is it'd be no worse than accepting the budget and the four year plan except we wouldn't have the unassailable bank debt to deal with
But the question then is.

Are politics.ie just Fianna Fail Spivs?

Clever spivs. But Spivs nevertheless?

Why do they censor?

eoghanacht

But the question then is.

Are politics.ie just Fianna Fail Spivs?

Clever spivs. But Spivs nevertheless?

Why do they censor?
Dave and some of the mods, the remnants of the PD's. Are very careful what is said here. They don't want to harm their future chances of a political career*

*Well thats my guess ;)

Cato

You might see competitions announced for artists and designers-a bit like they do with new stamps.
Save money and just go with the old designs. They were prettier than the euro anyway...

Roy Feen

Mad Max types driving around in Road-Warrior style vehicles will be a sure sign...

Lord Wellington

Dave and some of the mods, the remnants of the PD's. Are very careful what is said here. They don't want to harm their future chances of a political career*

*Well thats my guess ;)

Thanks for that.

That is why they censor.

Nothing more or less than Gombeen self interest.

No truth here then.

Just greed.

martino

Water fowl disappearing from St. Stephen's Green just might be interpreted as a harbinger of default.

You're right about the old notes Cato, but which series would you prefer to see reinstated? I liked the ones before the last ones best.

martino

Just a random, daft thought, but if we went back to a devalued Irish punt would Aldi and Lidl be priced out of the market? That would be funny.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies