What did SF achieve?

PAGE61

They did like f**k 'have a mandate'.
The vast majority of the country were against the rising, they were terrorists who were spat on by their own people ffs.
There was no popular rising.
They were not spat upon by there own people , they were spat upon by the wives of those receiving the queens shilling. If you look at their return after the rising they truly did receive a heroic welcome back. They awoke and revived a spirit which the british long thought they had destroyed .

As for been terrorists.. The biggest terrorists Ireland has are gits like you who hide behind a pseudo name and spout british propaganda, You ought to be (,but you are probably to ignorant to the facts) proud of your country and its history but instead gobs***** like you put it down at every opportunity .. If only i was dictator for a day .

redneck

I hope Jimmy Foley was not a member of the UVF.

hollandia

The Men of 1916 were not Terrorists. They had a mandate. They were standing up for Irish freedom. Were the Loyalists who staged the Curragh mutiny and the Larne gun running terrorists?
Eh, what mandate did they have?

Is this one of those Michael McDowell "retrospective mandate" thingies?

What swung public opinion was in fact the bloodthirstiness of General Maxwell.

redneck

I suppose I am a Republican or Nationalist. I am not proud of the fact that we used violence. Hopefully going forward there will never be a return to the dark days of the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Ní mbeidh dúnmharú ann arís.

Fr. Ted Crilly

They were not spat upon by there own people , they were spat upon by the wives of those receiving the queens shilling. If you look at their return after the rising they truly did receive a heroic welcome back. They awoke and revived a spirit which the british long thought they had destroyed .

As for been terrorists.. The biggest terrorists Ireland has are gits like you who hide behind a pseudo name and spout british propaganda, You ought to be (,but you are probably to ignorant to the facts) proud of your country and its history but instead gobs***** like you put it down at every opportunity .. If only i was dictator for a day .
Meh, it's the double standards that get to me.

Like, we had a FFail TD sniggering and laughing about how he murdered almost 100 people and buried them forever in the Rea Bog in Cork during the civil war, yet all we hear about here is the few people disappeared by the provos (of which all but 3 have been found and given a proper burial).

If the provo's are being judged in this manner then the boyo's of the civil war should be judged the same.

Telstar 62

Martin Millar/Mairtin O'Muilleoir may well be a Sinn Féin Messenger Boy for the IRA Army Council,
but I am bound to congratulate him for declaring his nationality as 'Northern Ireland'
on company registration documents! Ya boy ye! :D

View attachment 912

RasherHash

Lynn Boylan
Pat Kenny being the most progressive voice on a panel discussing housing says a lot about the state of the media in Ireland and its lack of diverse opinions and proper debate. @PatKennyNT

redneck

What does "bitch slapped" mean?
Ask Between Bridges. Anyway I am really glad that there was a ceasefire. And I hope the 'Ra stay well away from any future involvement in Ireland.

redneck

Listowel is our resident "Loon". Whose biggest regret seems to be that he was not born and bred on the Shankill road, Belfast.

Talk Back

Eh, what mandate did they have?

Is this one of those Michael McDowell "retrospective mandate" thingies?

What swung public opinion was in fact the bloodthirstiness of General Maxwell.
Since when did patriotic people in any country need a mandate to free their country from occupation by an enemy country, ffs???

What mandate did England have to invade and continue its occupation in Ireland???

RasherHash

I don't know people but if you want an alternative to the fg/ff cabal then I only see Sinn Féin, despite all their flaws, if you want to give this lousy stinking government a good kicking put sf in 😉

Matt Carthy
Apple state aid case to begin next week.
FG is spending millions of our €s in attempt to avoid recouping €13 billion – at time of crisis in health, housing & other services & when Brexit is set to cause massive economic disruption to our country!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies