What Do Ministers Zappone And Mitchell O'Connor Know About Children And Jobs?

Congalltee

What does Katherine Zappone know about immigration into the US for non-US citizens?

Zappone seeks

Pre-clearance is a vital asset. It's their territory. their rules. (Even if it's on Irish soil, and a breach of international law)

Analyzer

What point are you driving at in the thread title ?

Half Nelson

What does Katherine Zappone know about immigration into the US for non-US citizens?

Zappone seeks

Pre-clearance is a vital asset. It's their territory. their rules. (Even if it's on Irish soil, and a breach of international law)
Zappone just spotted another zero-risk passing bandwagon to jump on. Her indignation will be.. indignant!

General Urko

That clown should not be holding public office, we cannot end pre clearance at Irish Airports and we are damn lucky to have it!

Disillusioned democrat

...oh, oh, oh....I know the answer...Zappone has never had kids and Mitchell has never had a (real) job.

Betson

Zappone seeks

Agree, the pre-clearance facility is a very useful one to have in the Irish airports.

And it is effectively US territory within the airport akin to an embassy, we should have no say whatsoever on how they operate in regards rules for entry into their country , very unhelpful for a Government minister to be suggesting we put pressure on them or interfere in anyway. They will just pull the facility if faced with any political interference from the Irish side.

Half Nelson

Agree, the pre-clearance facility is a very useful one to have in the Irish airports.

And it is effectively US territory within the airport akin to an embassy, we should have no say whatsoever on how they operate in regards rules for entry into their country , very unhelpful for a Government minister to be suggesting we put pressure on them or interfere in anyway. They will just pull the facility if faced with any political interference from the Irish side.
Agreed. Somebody should tell Zappone to shut up, unless we all want to join the (long) queues on arrival in the US.

Disillusioned democrat

Agreed. Somebody should tell Zappone to shut up, unless we all want to join the (long) queues on arrival in the US.
That someone is Edna Kenny - but sadly he's a very hands off leader these days, he's happy to have all his Junior Ministers mouth off about pretty much anything - he has absolved them off of collective responsibility, it would appear.

riddles

I emailed Minister Zapone this morning to enquire as to why she chose to in her role as Minister demand a review of pre-clearance and was this on behalf of Irish citizens. The pre-clearance and St Patricks day visit are privileges developed over time and if removed very difficult to replace. I also enquired why be not be exorcised about our failed health service or the myriad of other topics that could use proper crisis management.

I got back a polite nice email that said absolutely nothing - which is I guess is the reason we have the problems we do. There is no leadership in this country. We got what we voted for I suppose - a group who can engage in mock moral outrage but are very short on moral courage.

Last edited:

Diamond Joe Quimby

She is utterly out of her depth and shouldn't be anywhere near the Dail.

She seems happy to jump on any bandwagon except the one to which she was appointed.

She is typical left wing liberal who thinks negotiating consists of acting like a child, sulking and not talking to those you disagree with.

Disillusioned democrat

She is utterly out of her depth and shouldn't be anywhere near the Dail.

She seems happy to jump on any bandwagon except the one to which she was appointed.

She is typical left wing liberal who thinks negotiating consists of acting like a child, sulking and not talking to those you disagree with.
Sadly she takes her ministry for children very seriously and has quickly decided we don't have enough so is renting 200 new ones at €250k a year each.

Auld Cynic

Zappone is unreal. She would have us upset our American friends and thereby our own national interest over a matter which is none of our business - President Trumps ban on refugees. Just incredible.

Boy M5

Zappone is unreal. She would have us upset our American friends and thereby our own national interest over a matter which is none of our business - President Trumps ban on refugees. Just incredible.
Is she speaking as an Irish minister or as an American?
She is entitled to opinions. However, she should be careful how she voices them given that she is currently a minister in an Irish government.

jpc

Is she speaking as an Irish minister or as an American?
She is entitled to opinions. However, she should be careful how she voices them given that she is currently a minister in an Irish government.
Shes a virtue signalling idiot.
And has Demonstrated that it was stupid in the extreme to have put her in that position.

storybud1

Well, it was one of those mickey mouse ministries that should have gotten her a little tongue tied regarding her pro abortion position yet being minister for Children,, a bit of a laugh for the FG eejits,

She couldn't fook it up , oh boy , what did they think she would do ? a childless, lesbian , ultra liberal wingnut in charge of childrens issues ?

If ever one of the teachers should have gotten the gig this was it, Zappone is like Mickey D and Bacik, a bullsh1t waffler spoofer posing as an academic, nothing of any real standing or papers worth reading but still deluded that they have any talent whatsoever.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I can understand Zappone being an attractive proposition for a party trying to establish socially liberal credentials with a rapidly changing electorate.

I still have no idea how MMOC rose without a trace.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Thinking back on MMOCs ludicrous mobile-phone driven shambolic presentation to FG's parliamentary party a couple of years ago I can't understand how someone with the communication skills of a first year College student and the driving skills of a second year student has managed to parlay all that obvious skillset into a Ministerial position.

If I didn't know better I'd be asking if she is someone's girlfriend.

brughahaha

well in fairness to Zaopone , she has proven that ineptitude incompetence and uselessness apply equally to female politicians as they do to male ones , and she herself has outdone her male colleagues in mind blowing incompetence (and Irish politics is a tough place to be stand out in the incompetence stakes, so well done Katherine)

It takes a truly special (needs) genius to implement something as bureaucratic, complicated , expensive to run and stupid as Zapones child care places scheme ...but she did it ...go girl !!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies