• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

what do you read

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
what political news do you read.
I go for time, The economist and the village.
any gems I'm missing out on

stannis

The Economist is good enough, alright. Give Time a look too (or is it Newsweek? I always confuse the two).

cropbeye

Try to Broaden

I try to read accross the spectrum Phoenix, Private Eye, New Statesman

Red Banner and some times Hot Press though they dont do as much

investigative journalism as they used to.

Ciaran

The Sovereign Nation that should be, i'm writing with a very angry 1 week old baby in my arms.

cain1798

Would make sure I got every issue of Village, Phoenix, Private Eye, Mother Jones, Phoblacht, Saoirse.

Occasionally read New Statesman and once read a copy of Magill. Highly entertaining in the way that the stories written by the six year olds my partner teaches are entertaining.

On the net would regularly read EU Observer, Working for Change, Indymedia and StateWatch.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Now magazine ...

Orlaith, the blonde from Northern Ireland, who annoyed the DUP, is pregnant ....

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Yup..

Merle will be having you thrown out of the 32's at your next meeting with comments like that

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Ciaran said:
mrele needent talk, i've seen what passes for goodl ooking in his world.
:D

But I thought Merle was the 32's poster boy ? constantly surrounded by a bevy of Armalite carrying beauties รก la Ghaddafi ....

maybe he's just spreading the love around

ibis

Ciaran said:
The Sovereign Nation that should be, i'm writing with a very angry 1 week old baby in my arms.
Wind, I would think. It almost always is!

Economist, New Scientist, Newsweek (well, my wife), London Review of Books. Online - BBC, American Conservative Magazine. I try hard to avoid things that I'm likely to agree with.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Hardly .. 1 week old is still a bit young .. give him or her back to mammy, usually settles that age child ... otherwise.. feed the poor baby :evil:

Ciaran

ibis said:
Ciaran said:
Wind, I would think. It almost always is!

Economist, New Scientist, Newsweek (well, my wife), London Review of Books. Online - BBC, American Conservative Magazine. I try hard to avoid things that I'm likely to agree with.
Its not wind, he's reading what yous are saying about the 32's in other posts, no seriously he is a windy chap, and his Mummy's not here (mores the pity)

FiannaFail4ever!

I find none of the newspapers any good these days.
The Irish Press was the only newspaper that ever was of any value to the Irish People. Broadsheet Newspapers died the day It became defunct.

A Tragedy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

GusherING

I read The Economist, The Observer on a Sunday and I often look up Ethics & International Affairs by the Carnegie Council. Its pretty non-partisan which I particularly like so there is always a diverse set of opinions.

Sidewinder

ibis said:
I try hard to avoid things that I'm likely to agree with.
Agreed, it's always useful to know what half-arsed propaganda the Enemy are peddling this week. And sometimes you even come across a well-written and thoughtful article by a raving right-winger that makes you think. Not often, but it does happen sometimes :D

I generally avoid doctrinaire Marxist publications/websites, and the Indo stable though. Other points of view are fine, but in those two camps all you'll get is the same old nonsense they've both been peddling for decades reheated and rehashed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies