What Do You Regard as The Most Disgraceful Comment Made By An Irish Politician In Recent Times?

General Urko

There are probably to many to mention but the 2 that stand out for me -

1 Bertie's Comment that people who were under talking the economy should go away and commit suicide, especially given the suicide levels here and that a lot of people from all class backgrounds took their lives because of the ultimate impact of the recession/economic Depression

And

2 Fat Cat Phil threatening to reduce non compliant citizens' (in his highly intellectual vie) water supplies 'down to a trickle'!

In my opinion those comments are at a level, where those that uttered them should have been forced out of public life immediately!:mad:

death or glory

Obviously it has to Gerry Adams calling unionists B'stards.

General Urko

General Urko

And Sir John - The Fúcking Peace Process - but he was dealing with Nordies who would drive you to it!

Marbellabound

Eoghan Murphy TD, Minister for Housing, responsible for sorting the homeless situation, continually telling people tonight that they needed to go home, they were safer at home. He didn't at all see the irony in what he was saying and how badly he looks.

fergal1790

Leo the batty-boy calling thousands of people who were overpaid by social welfare Fraudsters, he has failed miserably at everything he stuck his hand into so far, why not make a miserable minister for social welfare and minister for health and now miserable Taoiseach.

Eoin Coir

I would say Brian Lenihan, this was cheapest bail out in history and would not cost us a penny?

Analyzer

Plump Bunny.....well that is the sort of thing that you say to the voters before a General Election.

General Urko

I would say Brian Lenihan, this was cheapest bail out in history and would not cost us a penny?
His Aul Lad told us this country isn't big enough for all of us!
Which was totally fúcking absurd given our population density!

Mushroom

This, from West Belfast's Provo President:

Mary McAleese, the Irish president, publicly apologised last night for offending Protestants after she compared the Nazi's hatred of Jews to prejudice against Catholics in Northern Ireland. Ms McAleese said she was deeply sorry for the remarks she made on Thursday's 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, in Poland.

General Urko

Plump Bunny.....well that is the sort of thing that you say to the voters before a General Election.
There is some doubt over whether he said that or not!

Analyzer

He actually quoted his cousin, who was a a senior figure in a prominent Accounting firm that produced an assessment that came up with an unrealistically low figure.

An accounting firm that continues to gain business from public contracts, incidentally. And which have never been seriously questionned about what their nonsense.

General Urko

This, from West Belfast's Provo President:
Well the upper Class Unionist traditional abuse of Catholics was certainly at least close to Afrikaner Scum abusing the natives in South Africa!

Analyzer

Spirit Of Newgrange

Jeremy Corbyn says we should 'celebrate' record levels of immigration.

i know he is not irish, but its probably easy to find a homegrown eejit with similar levels of hubris

USER1234

Fergal1790's homophobic term used about our Taoiseach is the most disgraceful comment iv seen here so far!

New Threads

Most Replies