What do you work at?

Tommy Tayto

Just curious as to what you folks work at? I'd like to know about a day in the life of the average person, and what your job involves. So fire away...

Tommy Tayto

Okay I should have said that. Tragically unemployed at the moment, but I was a humble postman in the good times. Great job, looking back on it-good pay, relatively stress free (bar the dogs), and get to see some of the countryside. Beats any office job, imho. Went traveling and then the recession started.....

Staropramen

Duty manager in a hotel, on a relatively low salary and expected to take a 15% pay cut even though business is only down 5% on last year.

justcallmetex

Selling Broadband in the UK market and thankfully it's been a very good day! Also been spending a lot of time emailing all the Fianna Fail candidates who haven’t had the nerve to put their party logo on their election posters but I seem to be having a lot more luck selling Broadband than getting replies from that shower.:D

jimmyjames

I was made redundant last november, due to the budget, the business i worked in had to close, it was only up and running 3 years, i had been really happy in that job, now i am sponging off the family, when you have your own wage you buy things that you like to have and do things you otherwise would not do, but you will only buy what you need othersise, and very sad and angry about my position at the moment, so you see i am only one of many, you feel useless when you cannot give back to society,
Ok, it's not easy at the moment. But you are not useless. Chin up.

libertarian-right

IT developer. Hilarious reading in the newspapers that IT still has a shortage because a few competent people I know still cant get a job in any IT area

jimmyjames

IT developer. Hilarious reading in the newspapers that IT still has a shortage because a few competent people I know still cant get a job in any IT area
"Smart economy", "Information hub", "internet is good". FF's buzz words of the last 10 years. Hmmmmm, yesssssss (said in a Jeremy Paxman condescending kinda way).

dmc444

I was made redundant last november, due to the budget, the business i worked in had to close, it was only up and running 3 years, i had been really happy in that job, now i am sponging off the family, when you have your own wage you buy things that you like to have and do things you otherwise would not do, but you will only buy what you need othersise, and very sad and angry about my position at the moment, so you see i am only one of many, you feel useless when you cannot give back to society,
Keep your chin up, my mum is in a similar situation to you and i know its tough but something will come along. Dont worry about claiming, You have paid taxes to the state so you are entitled to that money.

Tommy Tayto

what are you ? a garda or a tax inspector ?
Try reading my posts and all will become clear. I was waiting for some foaming at the mouth response from someone like you.

stannis

Shop assistant. It's crap. I might be going abroad (Far East) to teach English later in the year, though, if I find nothing better here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies