What does the DUP actually want? What is their ideal situation?

Mickeymac

raetsel

That's brill, you should bring us more clips like that. Is that kind of carry on in NI normal? As in they, the politicians, speak like that regularly. It's amazing. And he's so sure of himself. While he makes out like a bigoted twit. At least I'll say this for him, he's very entertaining, they should roll him out more often.
To be fair Wells seems to be one of the last DUPers to be that outspoken. They all still vote against gay rights but are a bit more circumspect about speaking their mind so freely because they know they'd be ridiculed for it. Back 30/40 years ago Ian Paisley Senior and other Free Ps campaigned furiously to prevent the decriminalisation of homosexuality with the slogan "Save Ulster From Sodomy".
Ironically, because of Paisley's fierce opposition to civil rights for another minority Ulster ended up getting buggered anyway. :)

raetsel

Fair play to Jim , he speaks his mind and does not care what anyone else thinks. At least he is honest which is more than can be said for a lot of politicians.

Makes a good point about the decline of Blind Date when it got all woke and PC.
That's your point of view. But the producers of Good Morning Britain clearly got him on the show to be their useful idiot. "Oh crikey, look at the thick fundamentalist 17th century throwback!" is a useful device for cranking up the viewer numbers.
He was made to look absurd.
To be honest, my guess is that even the more mainstream DUP were embarrassed.

EnglishObserver

Proportionately less? ... it was a NEUTRAL country ffs 😂

and btw dont forget the 7 VCs from the south while the single Northern VC just happened to be an RC (right back at ye son ;)) .. who was subsequently treated like sh1te by the unionist state

why cant you just admit it ... Loyalism wasnt very "loyal" during WW2
It doesn't matter how I respond does it? You just puke out the same garbage. Thousands voluntered from Ulster and many more served in vital reserved occpations and yet that adds up to "Loyalism wasn't very loyal in WW2".

The problem here is that we have vey different agendas on this forum. You see it as a platform to take the p/iss out of Unionists and perhaps have a laugh - fair enough. I on the other hand see it as a platform to learn, teach, and form constructive relations with reasonable Irish Nationmalists. I know the history of NI and how Nationalists and Unionists behaved - I have no tinted glasses - orange or green.

EnglishObserver

They were not loyal either prior to British wars when they imported German arms to use against the Brits in defiance of a HR Bill, not loyalty, opposite in fact, sounds more like treachery to me sir.:D

Another excellent reason for Britain throwing them under the bus.👍
Loyalists first loyalty was to Ulster - then as now. The Union is a mechanism to keep them out of a uinited Ireland.

Thicko.

2lazy

Loyalists first loyalty was to Ulster - then as now. The Union is a mechanism to keep them out of a uinited Ireland.

Thicko.
So you are saying "loyalists" are not British but just wish they were so as not to face the reality of been Irish

Good man get it off yer chest, but people have been telling ye lot that since you first logged on in 2010, but better late than never

Antóin Mac Comháin

An interesting 1913 article on the Dublin Volunteer Force ...

It was claimed that the force would serve as a reserve of the Ulster Volunteers, and that: 'should civil war break out in Ulster as a consequence of Home Rule, the leaders of the Dublin Volunteers have undertaken to hold in readiness a force of at least 2,000 men for service wherever required by the Commander-In-Chief of the Ulster Army.'

The Dublin Volunteer Force have been written out of the history books, but they had more members than the Irish Citizen Army, at least on paper, (The Dublin population was approximately 350,000 at that point in time), and they could be easily classed as a forerunner to the Dublin Guard's, albeit under a different command structure, ultimately they would have served a similar function.

EnglishObserver

Ulster? All nine counties of it?
Who said it should be nine counties? Ulster as a distinct entity goes back thousands of years and it's size has varied immensley. I think it was The English who defined it as the nine counties you speak off in the seventeenth century - so you pay your money and take your choice.

Is it poor schooling that leads to constant repetition of nonsense by so many on this forum? I live in England and seem to know more Irish history than some on this forum.

EnglishObserver

So you are saying "loyalists" are not British but just wish they were so as not to face the reality of been Irish

Good man get it off yer chest, but people have been telling ye lot that since you first logged on in 2010, but better late than never
Ulster Loyalists are not ENGLISH and do not claim to be - they are certainly ethnically BRITISH.

bang bang

Who said it should be nine counties? Ulster as a distinct entity goes back thousands of years and it's size has varied immensley. I think it was The English who defined it as the nine counties you speak off in the seventeenth century - so you pay your money and take your choice.

Is it poor schooling that leads to constant repetition of nonsense by so many on this forum? I live in England and seem to know more Irish history than some on this forum.
That's the funniest and most stupid post I've read here in a long time. You really are one dumb deluded gobshite.

death or glory

Ulster Loyalists are not ENGLISH and do not claim to be - they are certainly ethnically BRITISH.
Ulster is British and thanks to Reb terrorism always will be.

AhNowStop

They were not loyal either prior to British wars when they imported German arms to use against the Brits in defiance of a HR Bill, not loyalty, opposite in fact, sounds more like treachery to me sir.:D

Another excellent reason for Britain throwing them under the bus.👍
Indeed ,,, good point !

AhNowStop

It doesn't matter how I respond does it? You just puke out the same garbage. Thousands voluntered from Ulster and many more served in vital reserved occpations and yet that adds up to "Loyalism wasn't very loyal in WW2".

The problem here is that we have vey different agendas on this forum. You see it as a platform to take the p/iss out of Unionists and perhaps have a laugh - fair enough. I on the other hand see it as a platform to learn, teach, and form constructive relations with reasonable Irish Nationmalists. I know the history of NI and how Nationalists and Unionists behaved - I have no tinted glasses - orange or green.
Lmfao ... as I said before, you’re fooling no one son ... your constant mealy mouthed excusing of the murder of people just for being Catholics trumps & makes a mockery of all your idiotic lies in your above post ...
pretending you're some liberal here for enlightenment & understanding is as laughable as it is pathetic :rolleyes:😂

And yes, your loyalist forefathers did indeed drop the Baton during WW2 .. a truly pathetic display from a crowd that proclaim to be uber loyalists ... many so called loyalists stayed at home to focus on making mula out of the war ...the ole half crown wins again eh .. tut tut :rolleyes:

and btw I ain’t taking the p1ss here, this is simply historical fact sonny ;)

And for your info my agenda is to seek & promote equality .... unfortunately like the hideous DUPlicitous party, yours seems to be to promote & excuse the continued supremacist status quo

EnglishObserver

Lmfao ... as I said before, you’re fooling no one son ... your constant mealy mouthed excusing of the murder of people just for being Catholics trumps & makes a mockery of all your idiotic lies in your above post ...
pretending you're some liberal here for enlightenment & understanding is as laughable as it is pathetic :rolleyes:😂

And yes, your loyalist forefathers did indeed drop the Baton during WW2 .. a truly pathetic display from a crowd that proclaim to be uber loyalists ... many so called loyalists stayed at home to focus on making mula out of the war ...the ole half crown wins again eh .. tut tut :rolleyes:

and btw I ain’t taking the p1ss here, this is simply historical fact sonny ;)

And for your info my agenda is to seek & promote equality .... unfortunately like the hideous DUPlicitous party, yours seems to be to promote & excuse the continued supremacist status quo
Truly awful.

New Threads

Most Replies