What does the DUP actually want? What is their ideal situation?

raetsel

Though Bishop Doran does his best gawd bless him from time to time. And the Iona crowd with their spectacular own goal with Pantibliss.
It's probably a sign of the times that I've never heard of Bishop Doran, but am mildly aware of Pantibliss - but not of how he and the Iona Institute even get to be mentioned in the same sentence!:eek:

Emily Davison

Again your naivety or ignorance is on show calling Jim stupid.
One thing he certainly is not is stupid.
He is a barrister by trade and from all the flaws on Stormont highlighted by the RHI scandal, Jim was highlighting a lot of the failures long before.
You may not like him and disagree with his views on homosexuality, but that does not make him stupid.
Whereas thinking Sion Mills is Stranmillis college and not knowing who a well known political commentator and newspaper editor is?
Anyone with an ounce of sense never mind intelligence wouldn’t go on a show like that and make himself look like an idiot.

And please don’t insult my intelligence by suggesting that because his profession is barrister it somehow means he’s more intelligent just for that fact alone.

I hold my hands up on my error on the name of the college. So what, I’ve never been. It was a genuine mistake.

And I’m sure you know the names of every editor at the tip of your tongue?

Last edited:

Emily Davison

It's probably a sign of the times that I've never heard of Bishop Doran, but am mildly aware of Pantibliss - but not of how he and the Iona Institute even get to be mentioned in the same sentence!:eek:
Accordingly to DorG not knowing such important matters makes you stupid.

- Doran is a foot in mouth type of guy, had the nation in peels of laughter and was actually a great help in the referendum.

- Panti, aka Rory O’Neill became a hero because he was incensed that he, a gay man could not call out homophobes, when he said so on RTE John Waters and Iona sued RTE, who paid out. But the backlash was rightly fierce and led to a magnificent speech by Panti in the Abbey and she became a darling for the new Ireland. Iona and Waters saw the beginning of the end, culminating eventually in the repeal of the 8th.

Emily Davison

I know quite a lot of English folk, thankfully I never got to even speak to the bottom of the barrel type that frequents here, OK some of them are wannabe English but nevertheless they are no credit to the real English folk, who generally are all fair and decent people.
I concur with you, most English I have met were lovely people.

Mickeymac

I concur with you, most English I have met were lovely people.

One guy, from the North of England who I became very friendly with came to the US for the big soccer event some 25 years ago, stayed here and now has top job *********** golf club and spa.

Great guy and well liked by everyone....super guy.

Newrybhoy

You can blame Henry Il, King of England for that - or to be precise, his propaganda minister Giraldus Cambrensis.

The historical facts do not fit in with you anglophiles and your "Giraldus Cambrensis" racist book of lies, view of Ireland.

The actual facts are that when the Roman Empire fell, we Irish saved the western world by opening centres of learning throughout Europe - meanwhile, your people in Britain were walking around on their knuckles.
Where are the native Irish inventors and scientists, composers and authors on the World stage?

McSlaggart

Where are the native Irish inventors and scientists, composers and authors on the World stage?

FYI:

Quick! Without cheating – stay away from the Internet – name the four Irish Nobel Laureates in Literature. Got them yet?

OK, Yeats, the first, is the easiest.

Beckett, the most popular.

Heaney, the last, is often forgotten.

Who’s missing?

Usually, people forget George Bernard Shaw

Mickeymac

FYI:

Quick! Without cheating – stay away from the Internet – name the four Irish Nobel Laureates in Literature. Got them yet?

Who’s missing?

That's cheating McS;) if you are going into Nobel winners in Literature and other such subjects, why do you pick somebody who has not a clue what you are talking about?

Pick on somebody your own size sir.:ROFLMAO:

Talk Back

FYI:

Who’s missing?

And don't forget the IRA's chief of staff Seán MacBride, who won both the Nobel Peace Prize in 1974, the Lenin Peace Prize.

He put manners on the sectarian Unionists in front of the whole wide world with his groundbreaking fair employment principles for Irish people in the occupied 6 counties of Ireland.

Mickeymac

And don't forget the IRA's chief of staff Seán MacBride, who won both the Nobel Peace Prize in 1974, the Lenin Peace Prize.

He put manners on the sectarian Unionists in front of the whole wide world with his groundbreaking fair employment principles for Irish people in the occupied 6 counties of Ireland.

Indeed TB, the fair employment legislation was a major breakthrough for Nationalists living in the occupied zone. (y)

Newrybhoy

FYI:

Who’s missing?

"Native Irish"?

Not by TBs definition.

Glaucon

A veritable who's who of World greats.

Not.
The greatest novelist to ever write in the English language. The founder of modern "Conservatism". The leading English-speaking female novelist in the world today. The man who helped develop the drug to cure leprosy. Dear me, hit a reddner.

New Threads

Most Replies