What Happens If FF Overtakes FG In Next Polls?

Cynicist

We live in a very divided country. Even in Castleknock Village next to me you can see all the restaurants busy with people. Then if you get a (Dublin) bus which mostly services disadvantaged areas and thus (although I think we should have a debate on how we define disadvantaged people and areas as distinct from general working class areas and people whose term I think should also be questioned) mostly disadvantaged people it is like you are in a parallel world. It's depressing. And I say this as someone who can relate to both camps.
Would think that those of the 'disadvantaged' are even more depressed and it is high time that overseas aid was re-directed to our own people who need development assistance.

Lúidín

The disadvantaged are no longer being side-tracked into blaming immigrants, farmers, the elderly, anyone but the bankers, the public sector and the other crowd.

The polls and the elections show a clear and continuing rise in support for Sinn Féin, the Left and independent candidates. Won't be long now!

riker1969

Its too far out for polls to mean anything. We have a slight give away budget which should boost FG/Lab but then come the water charges and instead of ************************ being flushed it will hit the fan. Its really going to depend if people feel better in 2016-if economy is on the upswing. House boom in Dublin will help-and yes it is a boom.
Ill call it now FG 45-50 seats seats. FF 35-40 seats. SF 35 seats. Labour 15-20 seats

Important to remember-Dail boundaries being redrawn so even if FG vote had remained steady they would have lost about 8 seats anyway. Plus I think there are two less dail seats?

exiled

Its too far out for polls to mean anything. We have a slight give away budget which should boost FG/Lab but then come the water charges and instead of ************************ being flushed it will hit the fan. Its really going to depend if people feel better in 2016-if economy is on the upswing. House boom in Dublin will help-and yes it is a boom.
Ill call it now FG 45-50 seats seats. FF 35-40 seats. SF 35 seats. Labour 15-20 seats

Important to remember-Dail boundaries being redrawn so even if FG vote had remained steady they would have lost about 8 seats anyway. Plus I think there are two less dail seats?

exiled

No matter what they do this lot are finished.they broke every promise they made, they havent enough time or money to bribe electorate,just like Britian was best recruiting sergaent for IRA this lot are pushing an open door for SF.How could the country be any worse off than it has been under the governments we have had since independence.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies