What happens when the Snowflakes leave Universtity ?

Urban Dictionary: Snowflake

Gives the "Safe Zone" and shutting down of anybody who fails to agree with their precious views. I am curious as to what will happen when the SnowFlakes finally get a chance to prove they know everything.....................i.e. They leave Uni for real world.

Will Western Civilisation be able to cope with thousands of Dumb as F*** kids who think people actually care about their opinions realising that "We Dont".

Faced with No Safe Zones and employers demanding that you actually do some work when you here rather than be on FacebooksnapchatSnowflakecentral.

Could this be a rerun of the 1960's Hippy Generation whre thousands of kids drop out of society to live in Communes where everybody tells them their opinion matters while they starve as nobody should work for a living.

Could society cope with this............................ Do we actually care ?

constitutionus

well something along the lines of saying

"do you want fries with that?"

i suppose.

GDPR

Urban Dictionary: Snowflake

Gives the "Safe Zone" and shutting down of anybody who fails to agree with their precious views. I am curious as to what will happen when the SnowFlakes finally get a chance to prove they know everything.....................i.e. They leave Uni for real world.

Will Western Civilisation be able to cope with thousands of Dumb as F*** kids who think people actually care about their opinions realising that "We Dont".

Faced with No Safe Zones and employers demanding that you actually do some work when you here rather than be on FacebooksnapchatSnowflakecentral.

Could this be a rerun of the 1960's Hippy Generation whre thousands of kids drop out of society to live in Communes where everybody tells them their opinion matters while they starve as nobody should work for a living.

Could society cope with this............................ Do we actually care ?
They'll wise up and be much the better for it.

Hitchcock

Is there a point to this thread apart from a series of vacuous statements by the OP looking for attention?

asset test

Ah it's just a passing phase. They have too much time on their hands.

I'm a middle ager, and had to do all my University studies at night, because my employer at the time paid for it. No grant available either, Dad's income just above the limit.

So let them live in the real world. Are there safe spaces allocated in today's workplaces everywhere now? Not where I am anyway, although it's not unsafe space either lol.

They should be out on the streets demonstrating against this and that, but the snowflakes would melt presumably!

It is just a fekkin subculture that an intern in a media outlet latched onto. Will not last long.

sic transit

Nope, just another excuse to use snowflake. I would have thought the Zoo might be a more welcoming place for it.

constitutionus

being serious on the OP i read a piece on what employers make of millennials and apparently the precious little snowflakes are having a hard time adapting to the real world.

giving out about "not making an impact on the company" when theyre a wet week in the job and generally being caught completely unaware at just how fuking boring most jobs are whilst being baffled why they aint CEO yet.

they seemed to blame it on a generation of parents that spoiled em rotten and created an environment where no one actually dealt with losing in their lives.

either way the employers found them flakey as employees and doubted their long term commitment to the jobs.

wish i could remember the source as it was quite interesting, but these lads notions of what there gonna achieve is NOT reflected in whats gonna happen to em in the real world so a rude awakening is ahead of em.

sadcitizen

Ah don't fool yourself, they'll get into good careers. The whole "virtue signalling" thing emanates from corporations too, so tech giants are scrambling over each other to hire these snowflakes.

It's the regular white boys who fall for the STEM meme that I feel sorry for.

Dame_Enda

There was a bit of snowflake situation in the 1960s also in US and UK universities. Some of them later recanted and became conservatives or libertarians, including Peter Hitchens.

Fractional Reserve

They'll more than likely muddle along; just like every generation before them. People have been complaining about the younger generations since recorded history.

And speaking of employability, how did you cope, given your appalling spelling, grammar and sentence construction?
Ah ah don't be a grammar nazi ,I know loads of people including myself that are shyte at spelling and grammar , put know how to operate in the big bad world and make loot .

New Threads