• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

What Have We Learned in 2,065 Years?

Marcos the black

Got an email with the following and thought it was sad but true:

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
- Cicero, 55 BC

Could easily have been a quote from any politician in Ireland/Europe in 2010. So in another 2065 years will we still be saying the same or is there any hope that we can make real changes?

ne0ica

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
- Cicero, 55 BC

Could easily have been a quote from any politician in Ireland/Europe in 2010. So in another 2065 years will we still be saying the same or is there any hope that we can make real changes?
Afraid history repeats itself over and over again. Ireland, Britain and America both had fiscals crisis in the early 90's. Both had booms and all overspent and here we are again

idle tim

Afraid history repeats itself over and over again. Ireland, Britain and America both had fiscals crisis in the early 90's. Both had booms and all overspent and here we are again
Ireland Britain and America both!Were you on the beer last night.:lol:

D

Deleted member 17573

:oops::oops: Rats... would have been good if true!! Thanks for letting me know.
Here's another one for you Marcos:

"Having carefully considered the outcome of the election, I have noted the verdict of the people and concluded that the only honourable course for me is to resign as leader of the Fine Gael party."

- Enda Kenny 2012 A.D.

:lol:

Marcos the black

"Having carefully considered the outcome of the election, I have noted the verdict of the people and concluded that the only honourable course for me is to resign as leader of the Fine Gael party."

- Enda Kenny 2012 A.D.

Sailor, you really are an idiot. Do you wake up at night cringing about the utter nonsense you post in here? If you have kids (which I doubt) I can only hope that in time they will see you, and your ilk for the treasonous, blind leeches on Irish society that in my opinion you are.

D

Deleted member 17573

Sailor, you really are an idiot. Do you wake up at night cringing about the utter nonsense you post in here? If you have kids (which I doubt) I can only hope that in time they will see you, and your ilk for the treasonous, blind leeches on Irish society that in my opinion you are.
And there was me being nice to you and trying to help you cover your blushes over falling for that hoax. Some people - no gratitude no matter what you do for them! Why do you doubt I have kids?

ne0ica

Ireland Britain and America both!Were you on the beer last night.:lol:
grammatical error, idle tim. But thanks for reading my posts.

Cassandra Syndrome

"God Damn it, we will go for the nuclear option. Get in Ireland's Minister for Health to plug the Muthaf**king oil cap"

President Obama, August 2010

ger12

- Cicero, 55 BC

Never mind the last 2,065 years. What of the last 3 days ... is there "any hope that we can make real changes?"

"Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too."
Marcus Aurelius

ger12

- Enda Kenny 2012 A.D.

Didn't happen Sailor, in 2012, 2014 however :lol: