What is a Hurling MATCH?????

RetiredProvo

Up the M2 - hang a right at Ballymena at the Glenravel Rd, and head up approx. 15 miles or so.
There is only one Hotel in Cushendall, The Glens Hotel, owned by a Donegal man from Lifford,( I think ) good craic and no problem for a lock-in. Although there are some very good B&Bs around.
Dont forget to check out Oisins Grave, walk the beach on a Sunday morning at Waterfoot, Drink in Sambos, and name all 9 Glens afer a few pints in Olivers old place "The Central Bar."
Any more info PM me.

MacEHaVelly

RetiredProvo said:
Up the M2 - hang a right at Ballymena at the Glenravel Rd, and head up approx. 15 miles or so.
There is only one Hotel in Cushendall, The Glens Hotel, owned by a Donegal man from Lifford,( I think ) good craic and no problem for a lock-in. Although there are some very good B&Bs around.
Dont forget to check out Oisins Grave, walk the beach on a Sunday morning at Waterfoot, Drink in Sambos, and name all 9 Glens afer a few pints in Olivers old place "The Central Bar."
Any more info PM me.
I can't thank you enough! Nothing like local Knowledge!

Cheers R T! Maith thu

meriwether

Wexford to sneak in under the handicap (-6) at 10/11 or evens in places is my only advice on that. The cats will beta Galway, but I cant back against my own team, the Munster clashes are too tight.
I fancy Derry in the football game.

Fr. Hank Tree

I'm from a dual club in Cork, but i have to say that if we beat waterford, it'll be ridiculous a we have lost two games already. The back door is shite.

meriwether

Fr. Hank Tree said:
I'm from a dual club in Cork, but i have to say that if we beat waterford, it'll be ridiculous a we have lost two games already. The back door is shite.
I disagree.
The back door ensures that no outsider will ever win, because the big teams get repeated bites of the cherry, but no outsider will ever win it anyway.
It gives teams outside the big 3 more games than just being knocked out in the first round by Cork/Tipp/Kilkenny.

c/k 1

Just came accross this thread, why is it always about hurling being dead in Leinster because Kilkenny win, can the same argument not be made about football, Dublin have won the last 3 leinster finals surely something is wrong with football in Leinster why not bring in some of the Ulster counties.

apkavanagh

c/k 1 said:
Just came accross this thread, why is it always about hurling being dead in Leinster because Kilkenny win, can the same argument not be made about football, Dublin have won the last 3 leinster finals surely something is wrong with football in Leinster why not bring in some of the Ulster counties.
Nope. Dublin's three-in a row is more of an exception than the rule, if you look at the provincial winners between 1995 and 2005 you'll see that a different team won each year with six teams attaining provicial success between 1999 and 2004. Whereas in the hurling, there is no team at present that could come within ten, let alone six, points of Kilkenny, Dublin's biggest winning margin this year was two goals and that result in the Leinster final definitely flattered them.

c/k 1

Take your point about Kilkenny being consistent, but its not just in Leinster. They beat Galway today by 10 points so where is the advantage of bringing them into Leinster. Wexford the second best in Leinster beat Tipp easily today. There is nothing seriously wrong with leinster hurling its just that Kilkenny are in a class of their own.

jerryp

Stroke said:
Real incisive comment on hurling there, pal.

Jaysus, langers, I fear, could be in for a bit of a walloping from the blaas today. Tá ár lá thairt, measaim, agus tá la na nDéis le teacht !

MacEHaVelly

Hope waterford do the business today. Would love to see a Kilkenny Waterford final.

DOD

It's a game where 30 men, mostly wearing helmets, hit a small ball called a sliotar, around a pitch, using sticks made out of ash, called hurleys. They try to put the ball in the back of the net or over the crossbar, at which point funny looking men in white counts either raise a white flag, a green flag or flail their arms wildly, like they have contracted some type of mange. That just about sums it up. :p

Stroke

jerryp said:
Stroke said:

Jaysus, langers, I fear, could be in for a bit of a walloping from the blaas today. Tá ár lá thairt, measaim, agus tá la na nDéis le teacht !
Go raibh míle maith agat jp, is duine nua mé. Bhain mé tríal as an rudaí nua cé gur usáidim iad. Cad a tharla leis na Deisigh....?

Eirenua

jerryp said:
Stroke said:

Wrong, the langers haven't gone away yet :mrgreen:

DuineEile

I hope your right but the game needs the other Leinster teams to come good also..... is there much point even allowing Laois and Dublin compete in the hurling championship as all they do is help Kilkenny build up match fitness and confidence
Just thought I'd reply to this now for fun!

D

stakerwallace

Cuimhnigh ar Luimneach!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies