What is a tv licence for?

mindyk007

i GIT MY TV LICENSE RENEWAL AND I HATE PAYING IT.WHAT IS IT FOR.I GET SKY AND DON'T WATCH THE 3 IRISH BASIC CHANNELS THROUGH PIPE SO Y DO I HAVE TO PAY?

Future

Someone needs to pay for Tubridys wages!!

Seriously most of the programming on RTE is poor at best. Its nearly all repeats.

Luigi Vampa

i GIT MY TV LICENSE RENEWAL AND I HATE PAYING IT.WHAT IS IT FOR.I GET SKY AND DON'T WATCH THE 3 IRISH BASIC CHANNELS THROUGH PIPE SO Y DO I HAVE TO PAY?
Because Pat Kenny and his fellow FF cronies need to maintain their luxury lifestyles. Kenny was paid €260,000 in 2004, but today he gets close to €900,000, but as Pat and Pals will soon tell you, its ordinary public servants with their two paycuts and pension levy that are the problem.

Now tighten your belt and be grateful for you’re free cheese you ungrateful wretch.

flavirostris

to pay for quality RTE shows such as Tubridy's and Brendan O'Connor's on Fri & Sat night.

Also for RTE to hold government reps to proper accountability on current affairs shows.

So, clearly you are getting value for money on both counts

Mossy Heneberry

Once you have a telly you have to pay the license. Even if you are only using it to watch DVDs or playing console games.

You can refuse to pay it, but then you may have a bit of a battle on your hands with the TV inspector.

TradCat

It's a protection racket. If you don't pay you get locked up.

charley

Its a form of taxation, there is no way that the dung RTE puts out costs anywhere near the amount they take in. Was listening to the 6 o'clock news while reading this and the lies and spin that are being broadcast are unbelievable. As a softener to the budget the TV licence should be scrapped. RTE needs to feel the pain

The OD

I'm not paying it. They sent me several renewal notices and I signed them all and sent them to RTE with a photo of me giving them the fingers saying I wasnt paying for shyte like Ryan Tubridy or Joe Duffy anymore and I will go to jail for it, I dont care. I am not paying my licence anymore, I barely watch TV anyway and never RTE (nor listen to their rubbish radio stations either.)

mindyk007

I know i sound moany but its the worst thing ever to pay.i hate it it kills me to pay it..i mean a dog license is cheaper and they are living things

Goodbody

The Worst TV station in the World servicing the Worst TV audience in the World.

MPB

It is used as a stick for the Govt of the day ( normally FF ) to hold over the National Broadcaster.

It ensures the propaganda is of the right type.

FF have always manipulated information since the days of Dev and the Irish Press.

Even our history books have been manipulated to paint FF in a good light.

danger here

I'm not paying it. They sent me several renewal notices and I signed them all and sent them to RTE with a photo of me giving them the fingers saying I wasnt paying for shyte like Ryan Tubridy or Joe Duffy anymore and I will go to jail for it, I dont care. I am not paying my licence anymore, I barely watch TV anyway and never RTE (nor listen to their rubbish radio stations either.)
fair play!

atlantic

It for the Irish Government to spread it b/s propaganda ,to control the masses into magical thinking.To pay daft wages to the hacks on the Telly.

Tomas Mor

It helps to pay the likes of Marion Finucane, Pat Kenny and Joe Duffy the huge salaries for doing menial jobs. Of course they think they are a combination of Einstein, Dimbleby, Cronkite combined.

The OD

I know i sound moany but its the worst thing ever to pay.i hate it it kills me to pay it..i mean a dog license is cheaper and they are living things
And if you kick a dog to death, you would probably get away with it. Do that to Ryan Tubridy and people who be moaning for ages about it.

Tut. :roll:

Pay it before you are dragged to court and jailed. It's about the only thing guaranteed in this mad hatter's country tha will guarantee you jail. Murder someone......ah sure, he never meant it. Robbed the country blind.....ah sure, he was a great fella, a man of the people, not at all, no.

But don't pay the TV licence!! Huh! That's you finished. I recall a sweep being made in Cork city some years back and I think something like over 20 mammies and daddies were locked up.

So OD, pay it love. We'll miss you.

Dredger

Haven't paid it in years. I refuse to pay for insidious propaganda, mind numbing rubbish and Pat Kenny's lifestyle.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies